• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I must say I kind of dislike FPL at the moment. I don't mind some changes like AFCON (everyone captaining Salah was getting boring), injuries or the ocassional cancelled match, but the post deadline match cancellations really grind my gears. Can't play in a smart way like that.

In any case, I made an early transfer to Son this week to protect value, but that was my only early transfer this season and was immediately punished. Wanted to free hit to make up for this mistake, but I forgot about FPL for a week and didn't change my squad (so Bowen still captain). Will probably drop significantly this week, after a nice score of 85 last week driven mostly by Bowen captaincy.

Dutch D

FFS, was hesitating between rolling the transfer or bringing Salah in one week early for Sterling. Had fomo and now Sterling went ahead and scored a hattrick.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

FFS, was hesitating between rolling the transfer or bringing Salah in one week early for Sterling. Had fomo and now Sterling went ahead and scored a hattrick.

Lol I went out Friday night. Woke up hungover and forgot to change my team.

Had Sterling captained and would’ve swapped him out for Salah. Unreal luck.

Dutch D

Lol I went out Friday night. Woke up hungover and forgot to change my team.

Had Sterling captained and would’ve swapped him out for Salah. Unreal luck.
Man, this choice really f*cked me. First option was one week punt on Fernandes then through to Salah. Decided I didn't like ManU's form, so the remaining choice was rolling or bringing Salah in early.

Dropped from 40k to 80k this gameweek.

Now I have a lot of (fringe) players in my squad I want to replace (Duffy, Williams, Dalot, Lloris, Watkins, Dennis), but a wildcard this week seems like a bad move.

Thinking of doing Duffy -> Coady/Saiss, Lloris -> Ramsdale, Watkins -> Weghorst for a -8.

Dutch D

With the Jota injury, I might wildcard this week after all. I really like De Bruyne, but he got rested last week. Not sure if he should stay in the squad longer term (I like him as a 'differential' premium).

Saves me the -8 and I can reshuffle some of the other players. I think I can't use the triple captain chip if I wildcard, thuogh, right? Or does that only count for the free hit.

blrgooner

Established Member
With the Jota injury, I might wildcard this week after all. I really like De Bruyne, but he got rested last week. Not sure if he should stay in the squad longer term (I like him as a 'differential' premium).

Saves me the -8 and I can reshuffle some of the other players. I think I can't use the triple captain chip if I wildcard, thuogh, right? Or does that only count for the free hit.
You can`t use triple captain chip if you are using wildcard on the same week.
I think it may be a better idea to go for -8 and use triple captain chip considering Salahs fixtures actually. That is exactly what I am planning to do. I have a good bunch of players with double game weeks today but with Jota`s injury, I might have to take the -8.
Planning to do Ronaldo -> Jiminez and Jota -> Son. Have already used my free transfer to bring in Salah for Bruno.

Dutch D

You can`t use triple captain chip if you are using wildcard on the same week.
I think it may be a better idea to go for -8 and use triple captain chip considering Salahs fixtures actually. That is exactly what I am planning to do. I have a good bunch of players with double game weeks today but with Jota`s injury, I might have to take the -8.
Planning to do Ronaldo -> Jiminez and Jota -> Son. Have already used my free transfer to bring in Salah for Bruno.
Hmm, Jota to Son could be a good option for me as I am sceptical of Jota's minutes now with the ankle injury.

Dutch D

Damn, the new double gameweek announcements really have me doubting what to do this week. Really tempted to just wildcard now and skip the triple captain because I have so many fires to put out (Lloris, Dalot, Williams, Jota, Watkins). Can't afford Son either even with a -8 because I still have KDB.

Two options: (1) wildcard or (2) Jota, Duffy, Watkins out - Saka, Jimenez and Saïss in (11 players for GW27).

For wildcard:
Pro'sCon's
More double GW playersNo Salah Triple captain
Getting triple Arsenal inCancelo and Bowen out
No -8 hitNeed to use my last free hit in GW27
Son in
Many problematic players out

Very tough call. @Rex Banter @Macho @bingobob, advice?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Damn, the new double gameweek announcements really have me doubting what to do this week. Really tempted to just wildcard now and skip the triple captain because I have so many fires to put out (Lloris, Dalot, Williams, Jota, Watkins). Can't afford Son either even with a -8 because I still have KDB.

Two options: (1) wildcard or (2) Jota, Duffy, Watkins out - Saka, Jimenez and Saïss in (11 players for GW27).

For wildcard:
Pro'sCon's
Son in

I’ve done a -4 to get Salah, Son and Laca :lol: in.

I’m going to triple Salah now. I’m coming off 90 points and feeling in a great place with my team.

Do not take Bowen and Cancelo out. They’re point machines and their value is skyrocketing by the day.

Dutch D

I’ve done a -4 to get Salah, Son and Laca :lol: in.

I’m going to triple Salah now. I’m coming off 90 points and feeling in a great place with my team.

Do not take Bowen and Cancelo out. They’re point machines and their value is skyrocketing by the day.
Yeah that's why I'm hesitating mostly, but my last GW was **** with 43 points and I want to get rid of Duffy, Dalot, Watkins, Lloris.

Think after all I go for the -8 this week and save the wildcard for GW28.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

For wildcard:
Pro'sCon's
Son in

Im in no state to give advice. I used my wildcard and then 2 game weeks later took a minus 12. I captained Cancelo who was benched and my VC was Pogba :lol: i used freehit thos game week captained TAA and VC Robertson. Been a disastrous few weeks.

Go with your gut. Some DGW players are worth it some single GW are worth it.

Dutch D

Im in no state to give advice. I used my wildcard and then 2 game weeks later took a minus 12. I captained Cancelo who was benched and my VC was Pogba :lol: i used freehit thos game week captained TAA and VC Robertson. Been a disastrous few weeks.

Go with your gut. Some DGW players are worth it some single GW are worth it.
Went with the gut and kept Cancelo, De Bruyne and Bowen. They got 4 points collectively, haha. At least the late Brentford goal meant that not getting Tierney & Ramsdale is not that painful yet.

Dutch D

F*cking hell, I'm really dropping off a cliff. From 40k in GW24 to 110k in the space of a few weeks.

Looking forward to playing my Wildcard soon, hope I can turn this franchise around.

blrgooner

Established Member
@blrgooner smashing it this year…
Haha had a bad free hit this week though. Went with the bandwagon and went for Burnley players who delivered nothing.
Considering wildcarding this week because of the possible Chelsea double this week. So might regret not having chips and lose out towards the end of the season.

Dutch D

Activated the wild card, was sick and tired of my squad. Had to try something to stop the bleeding (40k -> 116k now).

9 double GW players this week, 7 double gameweek players next week (8 if I bench boost) and 9 starters for GW30. Should hopefully be set up nicely for the next 3-4 GW's.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Activated the wild card, was sick and tired of my squad. Had to try something to stop the bleeding (40k -> 116k now).

9 double GW players this week, 7 double gameweek players next week (8 if I bench boost) and 9 starters for GW30. Should hopefully be set up nicely for the next 3-4 GW's.
One key lesson for me this year is to just keep doing what I usually do. Some seasons it will work, some seasons it wont.

I started off my fpl career with a bang (top 1k and top 10k finish in first three seasons) and have spent the last two seasons (top 100k finishes) thinking I’ve been doing something wrong. I’m still playing the game in the same way I used to though so I’ve decided to stop fighting it and go with the flow.

On the other side of the coin, one of my friends who was consistently good but kept losing to me in ‘my prime’ is now having a very good season and he’s not doing anything differently.

Besides some FPL geniuses out there it seems that a good manager can finish anywhere from the top 1k to the top 100k. Keep playing your game!

Dutch D

Another red arrow. Team is set up well but made some poor decisions. Digne missed the first game, unfortunately he did play the second which meant TAA stayed on the bench with 12 points. Saka also on the bench with 12 points. The real kicker was choosing Raphinha (two blanks) over Coutinho as a captain. Was really doubting between those two for a while and choose the wrong one.

Anyway, my team is nice for GW29 and I will probably save the transfer. Don't think Saïss -> Doherty is worth the transfer.

Dubravka (CHE, EVE), Digne (WHU), Coutinho (WHU), Saïss (EVE) a good enough bench for a bench boost this week?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Another red arrow. Team is set up well but made some poor decisions. Digne missed the first game, unfortunately he did play the second which meant TAA stayed on the bench with 12 points. Saka also on the bench with 12 points. The real kicker was choosing Raphinha (two blanks) over Coutinho as a captain. Was really doubting between those two for a while and choose the wrong one.

Anyway, my team is nice for GW29 and I will probably save the transfer. Don't think Saïss -> Doherty is worth the transfer.

Dubravka (CHE, EVE), Digne (WHU), Coutinho (WHU), Saïss (EVE) a good enough bench for a bench boost this week?

Yeah had a **** week as well bro. Got sucked into the double fixtures and ended up benching Martinelli 💀

blrgooner

Established Member

The Bench boost with almost the same lineup(Dubravka,Broja/Coutinho,Coady and Jiminez) is what I am considering now. Can`t seem to make my mind up either way.

Watched a bit of the Leeds game yesterday and they were horrific. Don`t really want to hold on to Raphinha any more and moved to Kulusevski. With James`s injury, I had to bring in Doherty too ( Though I hate the idea of having 3 Sp**s players in the team now. Both as an Arsenal fan as well as a football fan).
Now I have 9 double gameweek players this week and 9 playing next week( Will bring in one more with a free transfer). I am really not sure about how all this is going to work after GW31 though.

Top Bottom