• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
The Bench boost with almost the same lineup(Dubravka,Broja/Coutinho,Coady and Jiminez) is what I am considering now. Can`t seem to make my mind up either way.
Yeah I can't make my mind up either. Don't know if there will be many better options to come. Apparently there will be a big double in GW36 so I could wait until that opportunity but if I free hit then I can't boost.
Watched a bit of the Leeds game yesterday and they were horrific. Don`t really want to hold on to Raphinha any more and moved to Kulusevski. With James`s injury, I had to bring in Doherty too ( Though I hate the idea of having 3 Sp**s players in the team now. Both as an Arsenal fan as well as a football fan).
Now I have 9 double gameweek players this week and 9 playing next week( Will bring in one more with a free transfer). I am really not sure about how all this is going to work after GW31 though.
On holiday this week so I don't have much time to look regardless. I will have to shift Willock in GW30, took him as a two GW punt (didn't work out in the first double GW), and will probably shift Raphinha in GW31. Really tired of him and his double blank really screwed my score. Will evaluate in GW31 who to get.

Thinking of doing Rudiger -> Doherty now. He has two games on him in two GW's. Can get Rudiger back in for an underperforming defender in GW31. But I don't like to take too many short term punts. Will think about it tonight.

Dutch D

This gameweek kind of summarizes my season. Captained Salah because I didn't dare to captain Cancelo, decided against taking a hit to move from Broja to Nketiah (had to move out White first), still get a decent score in 91 points but drop 30k in rank. Been in a freefall for 4 weeks from 110k to 196k,

Hoping my free hit brings me back into a positive trend. Would be great to finish the season within top 150k (ultimately the goal was 100k, but that seems out of reach).

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Are you guys seeing these price reveals! They seem very low. Everyone is going to have a template and stacked team.

Game Over

Are you guys seeing these price reveals! They seem very low. Everyone is going to have a template and stacked team.

Was pissed off at first, thinking they’d made the game far too easy, but since throwing drafts together I’m thinking it’ll be fun having a stacked team.

Has made this a top-half game though. Can’t see why you’ll need a promoted cheap defender for example, considering Arsenal defenders are only 4.5.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Was pissed off at first, thinking they’d made the game far too easy, but since throwing drafts together I’m thinking it’ll be fun having a stacked team.

Has made this a top-half game though. Can’t see why you’ll need a promoted cheap defender for example, considering Arsenal defenders are only 4.5.
I'm thinking the opposite, can't see why you'd need a 4.5 defender when the wingbacks capable of 200 points haven't gone up in price.

blrgooner

Established Member
I'm thinking the opposite, can't see why you'd need a 4.5 defender when the wingbacks capable of 200 points haven't gone up in price.
Think both are true. I guess we can have 3 premium wingbacks from TAA/Robertson/Cancelo/James/Chillwel and two 4.5 defenders from Arsenal and maybe Sp**s. So the game has kind of become a top half game to some extent I think. I guess the midfield is going to be the most interesting part of FPL next season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Think both are true. I guess we can have 3 premium wingbacks from TAA/Robertson/Cancelo/James/Chillwel and two 4.5 defenders from Arsenal and maybe Sp**s. So the game has kind of become a top half game to some extent I think. I guess the midfield is going to be the most interesting part of FPL next season.
My initial thoughts are 541

Trent Robertson Cancelo James Chilwell/Perisic

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What are your guys thoughts on Son?

Big price this year but every year he hauls for me.

blrgooner

Established Member
My initial thoughts are 541

Trent Robertson Cancelo James Chilwell/Perisic
I am finding it very difficult to include more than 3 premium defenders if I include Salah and Haaland (Basically any two premium attackers).

I am not sure about Son in the beginning of the season. Basically because If Salah is a given, then I can pick only one among Son/Kane/Haaland/De Bruyne/Sterling/Jota/Nunez. I think Kane is a less riskier pick to start with at least until we understand how Conte wants to use Son and Richarlison together.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gotta be Haaland. Pep can't have another expensive flop he doesn't pick. Haaland is the final piece. Gonna be on penalties and hr is a goal machine.

Im keeping an eye on Rashford, Neto and Chelseas general set up/transfer business. Big concern they switch from the 3421 upto to a more 4231 which means someone (Mount or Havertz) falling victim to rotation.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
So many interesting options in midfield. Bruno and Sterling both have incredible fpl pedigree if they can recapture their previous form. Both 10m.

I wanted to go without Salah, more as an experiment than anything, but of course, Liverpool get the easiest start to the season.

Dutch D

Excited to try again this season. Really not happy with my team yet. Trying to include a few more players that I personally like, rather than going for the template, but it's difficult to create a team that I'm very satisfied with.

Anyone considering going for Sterling as a third premium? Mount or Saka would make it easier to go for Robertson/Diaz as a third Liverpool player. Have to sacrifice that player to make it work.

Best I could do so far:
Mendy - (4m bench)
Trent - James/Chilwell - Dias/Laporte - 4.5m defender - (4m bench)
Salah - Sterling - Martinelli - 5.5m midfielder - (4.5m bench)
Kane/Haaland - Jesus - (4.5m bench)

Not sure if I like that more than my earlier draft without Sterling and with Robertson.

Wiltord's left boot

I'm thinking Zinchenko could be a bargain if he's played in midfield. I was looking at Broja too as he is only 5.5m and would be a steal if he went to West Ham, but looks like it might be off.

Wiltord's left boot

Gotta be Haaland. Pep can't have another expensive flop he doesn't pick. Haaland is the final piece. Gonna be on penalties and hr is a goal machine.

Im keeping an eye on Rashford, Neto and Chelseas general set up/transfer business. Big concern they switch from the 3421 upto to a more 4231 which means someone (Mount or Havertz) falling victim to rotation.
I'm planning on Kane for GW1 and then swapping over to Haaland for GW2 onwards.

Top Bottom