• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
It did the job but no longer resembles a viable team, alas

That frontline picks itself, which makes the game less exciting

1662475099303.png

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah or you can go for Rashford in GW8 instead of Trossard. Don`t think Crystal Palace is a good fixture for United. Also maybe Cancelo would be a better long term pick than Dias if there is money.
Good team I think. Do you think Diaz is good for minutes in the long run now though? He also has tough fixtures going ahead. Maybe Zaha + Cancelo would be better than Dias + Diaz?
I'm now thinking of going like this, with a booked transfer for GW8. I also don't think Crystal Palace is a good fixture for United, but Leeds after is pretty good. My alternative was Harrison, because he plays NFO in GW7, but then he goes to Utd the week after so might not be the best option either.

GW7
Sanchez / Ward
TAA (WOL H) - Trippier (WHU A) - James (FUL A) / Dalot - Williams
Rashford (CRY A) - Trossard (BOU A) - Sterling (FUL A) - Martinelli (EVE H) / Andreas
Haaland (TOT H) - Toney (SOU A) - Jesus (EVE H)

GW8
Jesus -> Kane

Bloodbather

Established Member

Took a hit to get Mac Allister in for Brighton v Bournemouth, the fixtures got postponed. FFS.

Dutch D

Great call by the admins of FPL to punish the people who took a hit this week for no reason.
That's especially unfortunate, because I wildcarded, which sucked, but they extended it to the next GW so I basically get an extra week to lay the puzzle.

blrgooner

Established Member
That's especially unfortunate, because I wildcarded, which sucked, but they extended it to the next GW so I basically get an extra week to lay the puzzle.
Yeah wildcard was a good decision as it turned out because considering the fixture postponements, most of us will end up using the wildcards anyway.
Postponement of GW12 Arsenal City game also adds another layer of complexity now since my current wildcard draft has 5 players(Haaland,Cancelo,Martinelli, Saliba and Gundogan) from this.

Dutch D

Yeah wildcard was a good decision as it turned out because considering the fixture postponements, most of us will end up using the wildcards anyway.
Postponement of GW12 Arsenal City game also adds another layer of complexity now since my current wildcard draft has 5 players(Haaland,Cancelo,Martinelli, Saliba and Gundogan) from this.
Sounds like an interesting draft. I will stick with the first three. Cant quite fill my midfield with players I'm satisfied with. If Saint-Maximin is fit that would solve my issues. Went with Sterling in my GW7 wildcard as a differential against Fulham, but their fixture this week is cancelled as well.

The cancellation of the ManU match also has me searching for alternatives to Dalot and Rashford.

blrgooner

Established Member
Sounds like an interesting draft. I will stick with the first three. Cant quite fill my midfield with players I'm satisfied with. If Saint-Maximin is fit that would solve my issues. Went with Sterling in my GW7 wildcard as a differential against Fulham, but their fixture this week is cancelled as well.

The cancellation of the ManU match also has me searching for alternatives to Dalot and Rashford.
Only the first three are dead certs for me as well. I just hit the wildcard early since I expected more price rises(which actually hasn`t happened) and made a draft. As you mention, I can`t get midfielders and defenders I am actually happy with. At present, it looks like this
Pope (Ward)
Cancelo Trippier Saliba (James,Emerson)
Martinelli Bernardo Andreas Bowen (Maddison)
Haaland Kane Mitrovic
I am not sure at all about Saliba,Emerson,Bowen and Bernardo here.
WHU have good fixtures but play Liverpool away on GW12 when there is already a blank GW for Arsenal/City.

Dutch D

Only the first three are dead certs for me as well. I just hit the wildcard early since I expected more price rises(which actually hasn`t happened) and made a draft. As you mention, I can`t get midfielders and defenders I am actually happy with. At present, it looks like this
Pope (Ward)
Cancelo Trippier Saliba (James,Emerson)
Martinelli Bernardo Andreas Bowen (Maddison)
Haaland Kane Mitrovic
I am not sure at all about Saliba,Emerson,Bowen and Bernardo here.
WHU have good fixtures but play Liverpool away on GW12 when there is already a blank GW for Arsenal/City.
Mine looks like:
Pope (Ward)
Cancelo - Trippier - Coufal (Williams - James)
Andreas - Madison - Almiron - Martinelli (Sterling)
Haaland - Kane - Mitrovic

Not entirely happy about it. Want Sterling in as a differential, and relatively easy route back to Salah if necessary, but he complicates matters in the rest of the squad.

I want Saint-Maximin and James, but cant afford both with Sterling in the squad. Two options: Almiron + James or ASM + Fofana. Want James more is my current thinking.

Also hard to let Isak out of the squad. Most difficult choice for me compared to Mitrovic.

blrgooner

Established Member
Mine looks like:
Pope (Ward)
Cancelo - Trippier - Coufal (Williams - James)
Andreas - Madison - Almiron - Martinelli (Sterling)
Haaland - Kane - Mitrovic

Not entirely happy about it. Want Sterling in as a differential, and relatively easy route back to Salah if necessary, but he complicates matters in the rest of the squad.

I want Saint-Maximin and James, but cant afford both with Sterling in the squad. Two options: Almiron + James or ASM + Fofana. Want James more is my current thinking.

Also hard to let Isak out of the squad. Most difficult choice for me compared to Mitrovic.
I think Almiron is a great pick. I am considering him too. Actually think Almiron + James is much better than ASM and Fofana. I think ASM is not really an end point machine and someone like Almiron can benefit from ASM`s game and get FPL points.
I thought about going for Almiron/Sterling over Bowen/Bernardo as well but I am kinda looking to get Zaha in after his game against Chelsea and this complicates that move.

Dutch D

I think Almiron is a great pick. I am considering him too. Actually think Almiron + James is much better than ASM and Fofana. I think ASM is not really an end point machine and someone like Almiron can benefit from ASM`s game and get FPL points.
I thought about going for Almiron/Sterling over Bowen/Bernardo as well but I am kinda looking to get Zaha in after his game against Chelsea and this complicates that move.
Yeah, I have my eye on Zaha from gw10 onwards. Will figure out how to get him then, perhaps Madison if he disappointes or Sterling. Wont have to make a transfer GW9 with this so I could safe up two transfers to get Zaha and someone else in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wildcard final draft had Kane + Foden + Fabianski

NLD + Deciding to go a bit safer led to me going with Toney + Salah + Guaita. ~30 point swing right there 😭

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wildcard final draft had Kane + Foden + Fabianski

NLD + Deciding to go a bit safer led to me going with Toney + Salah + Guaita. ~30 point swing right there 😭

Bro I wildcarded last night.

I have had Kane and Jesus all year but no Haaland means I’m now ranked 6 mil plus.

Potentially no way back in my mini leagues already ffs 😵

Dutch D

Thats rough. I've been around 4-4.5million all season so far. Wildcarded in 7 out of desperation (and one week early to hopefully be somewhat differential and had to get Haaland in). Didnt work in GW8, but finally paid off this GW.

Got lucky with Almiron who I decided to get as a differential because ASM was injured and I didnt have much cash left going for Sterling as a differential.

Jumped from 4.2 million to 2.4 million this week with Haaland, Maddison, Almiron. Just to illustrate it's still tight and one good week can get you quite a jump.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Captained Salah instead of Haaland this week, got ****ed royally. Sold Salah now, my patience has run out.

blrgooner

Established Member
This was a really good week for me. Got over 100 points. I hardly ever remember getting 100 points in a week without anybody having double game weeks. 90k overall now.
Basically it was 3 players(Haaland,Bowen and Maddison) getting the points though.

Dutch D

Despite my good score and big jump this week, I'm not quite sure what to do with my two free transfers this week.

I only wildcarded in GW8 (as the wildcard was rolled), but I'm kind of unhappy with Almiron, Coufal, Cancelo, Sterling and Pope.

Could sell Sterling and Almiron to Zaha and Foden/Bowen, but I dont want to give up on Sterling after one week. Hit the post this weekend as well. Think I'll do a small transfer this week (Pope->Guaita or Coufal->Fofana or something) and reassess next gw.

blrgooner

Established Member
Despite my good score and big jump this week, I'm not quite sure what to do with my two free transfers this week.

I only wildcarded in GW8 (as the wildcard was rolled), but I'm kind of unhappy with Almiron, Coufal, Cancelo, Sterling and Pope.

Could sell Sterling and Almiron to Zaha and Foden/Bowen, but I dont want to give up on Sterling after one week. Hit the post this weekend as well. Think I'll do a small transfer this week (Pope->Guaita or Coufal->Fofana or something) and reassess next gw.
I think Almiron can be a good enabler.I think everybody has Andreas but Almiron may be better in that role.
M not very happy with Cancelo as well but he is definitely not going anywhere just before a game against Southampton.
Pope too looks like a lot of money for what he offers and m not happy with the Newcastle double in defence with Trippier but they have a good game in GW12 when arsenal and City blank. I think i will keep them till then maybe move from Pope to Ramsdale.
I brought in Digne when it looked like a good time to get him and he got me 7 points but then got himself injured. Replacing him and Zaha for Bernardo( which was anyways a part of the plan when wildcarded on GW8) would be my main moves this week.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Almiron can be a good enabler.I think everybody has Andreas but Almiron may be better in that role.
M not very happy with Cancelo as well but he is definitely not going anywhere just before a game against Southampton.
Pope too looks like a lot of money for what he offers and m not happy with the Newcastle double in defence with Trippier but they have a good game in GW12 when arsenal and City blank. I think i will keep them till then maybe move from Pope to Ramsdale.
I brought in Digne when it looked like a good time to get him and he got me 7 points but then got himself injured. Replacing him and Zaha for Bernardo( which was anyways a part of the plan when wildcarded on GW8) would be my main moves this week.

I’ve wildcarded and got Almiron in as well mate. His underlying numbers look class AND he was starting when ASM was playing so hopefully doesn’t lose his place when he’s back.

I’ve gone Gordon last week as well but it was a bit worrying Lampard dropped him.

I’ve gone for Ederson and Meslier on my WC but after the City blank week I’ll move Meslier for Ortega.

Top Bottom