• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
My Sterling punt has completely failed. Of course a calculated blank in 8, 2 points in 9 (hit the post), and benched in 10. Guess I have to take the L go for Bowen or something and move on.

Dutch D

Well, the James injury is kind of throwing a spanner in the works.

I wanted to do Almiron + Sterling to Zaha + Bowen with Bowen having a great fixture this week.

However, now I'm considering keeping Sterling and going Almiron + James to Dunk + Zaha. Completely eats my budget, though. So I will have to hope Williams gets points in GW12. With the other plan I could've upgraded him to Guehi.

Dutch D

1666250112298.png
Is this mental? I could go Sterling -> Salah + Trossard -> Xhaka (best I could think of below 5.3m, perhaps Almiron who worked well for me as a punt before).

Original plan was Trossard -> Bowen, which I can exactly pull off, but another benching for Sterling has me mad and wanting to finally get rid of him. Worst punt ever. Could also go Sterling -> Foden, Trossard -> Saka.

Could even do Sterling -> Foden, Coufal ->Trent, which is also an option that I like. With Coufal being benched recently he's a quite poor bench option for me.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
View attachment 9843
Is this mental? I could go Sterling -> Salah + Trossard -> Xhaka (best I could think of below 5.3m, perhaps Almiron who worked well for me as a punt before).

Original plan was Trossard -> Bowen, which I can exactly pull off, but another benching for Sterling has me mad and wanting to finally get rid of him. Worst punt ever. Could also go Sterling -> Foden, Trossard -> Saka.

Could even do Sterling -> Foden, Coufal ->Trent, which is also an option that I like. With Coufal being benched recently he's a quite poor bench option for me.
Salah could well be in the beginning stage of his goal scoring form after a disappointing start to the season. I dropped Trent last week. Have had enough 🙁

Dutch D

Salah could well be in the beginning stage of his goal scoring form after a disappointing start to the season. I dropped Trent last week. Have had enough 🙁
Yeah, that's what I thought, but I think I will stick with 2 premiums and just get Foden + TAA/Bowen/Saka. Have made the Foden transfer to catch the price rise, but will think about the second transfer. I feel like Trent might be the more sensible option for now, given the unreliability of my 3rd 4th and 5th defender, but I understand your feelings, had the same when I finally binned him

blrgooner

Established Member
Yeah, that's what I thought, but I think I will stick with 2 premiums and just get Foden + TAA/Bowen/Saka. Have made the Foden transfer to catch the price rise, but will think about the second transfer. I feel like Trent might be the more sensible option for now, given the unreliability of my 3rd 4th and 5th defender, but I understand your feelings, had the same when I finally binned him
Yeah I think 2 premiums is a better option considering that Saka/Foden/Jesus can be pretty much considered to be as good as any premiums other than Haaland. I brought in Gomez last week since he could be a cheap way to get some Liverpool clean sheets. Want to get both Saka and Foden now which I can do for Trossard and Zaha. Just not sure whether taking a hit is a good idea here.
I also ideally would like Salah instead of Kane but that would mean 2 transfers without getting the likes of Saka and Foden and I don`t see myself doing that.
I think the advantage we have is that with only 4 GW`s left, we can think very short term. That was the logic behind going for someone like Gomez who might not get starts after next week. This also means that the opportunity cost for not having a player like Salah is also reduced considering Haaland is pretty much going to be captain for all the GW`s.

Dutch D

Yeah I think 2 premiums is a better option considering that Saka/Foden/Jesus can be pretty much considered to be as good as any premiums other than Haaland. I brought in Gomez last week since he could be a cheap way to get some Liverpool clean sheets. Want to get both Saka and Foden now which I can do for Trossard and Zaha. Just not sure whether taking a hit is a good idea here.
I also ideally would like Salah instead of Kane but that would mean 2 transfers without getting the likes of Saka and Foden and I don`t see myself doing that.
I think the advantage we have is that with only 4 GW`s left, we can think very short term. That was the logic behind going for someone like Gomez who might not get starts after next week. This also means that the opportunity cost for not having a player like Salah is also reduced considering Haaland is pretty much going to be captain for all the GW`s.
Yeah I was initially thinking about Kane+Sterling out for Salah and Jesus or another striker. However, for the reasons you describe I decided against it. Then I saw the above option and was tempted, but I have now decided against it.

Debating whether Bowen for a hit is worth it. Trossard probably wont get much against City. In hindsight if I went for Bowen last GW instead of booking in a one week Trossard punt that would've set me up nicely this GW. Assuming Trossard blanks against City, Bowen needs to get one return to break even...tempting. Coufal might not play though, so that would see Webster play against City which is also not great. Thats why I'm considering TAA or Gomez

blrgooner

Established Member
Yeah I was initially thinking about Kane+Sterling out for Salah and Jesus or another striker. However, for the reasons you describe I decided against it. Then I saw the above option and was tempted, but I have now decided against it.

Debating whether Bowen for a hit is worth it. Trossard probably wont get much against City. In hindsight if I went for Bowen last GW instead of booking in a one week Trossard punt that would've set me up nicely this GW. Assuming Trossard blanks against City, Bowen needs to get one return to break even...tempting. Coufal might not play though, so that would see Webster play against City which is also not great. Thats why I'm considering TAA or Gomez
Makes sense.
I already have Bowen and I think I want to keep him for the next 4 GW`s. So in my obviously biased opinion, I think Bowen makes sense. Has 3 home games among the next 4.
Currently my team is
Pope(Ward)
Cancelo Trippier Gomez(Guehi/Webster)
Bowen Martinelli Zaha Trossard (Andreas)
Haaland Kane Mitrovic

In this, I want to go for Foden and Saka over Trossard and Zaha. Just not sure whether to do both while taking a hit or to do one of the transfers now and one next week. Advantage of doing both would be that I can move from Andreas to maybe Xhaka next week and have a triple arsenal attack against NFO while still not missing out on triple Man City for the entire period.
In defense, Guehi can cover for Gomez for GW 14 because Gomez might not get a start and Webster can come back for GW 15 and 16.

Dutch D

Looks like a team that's in good shape. I'm also debating the hit and I can't quite decide yet.

My team is:
Guaita (Ward)
Cancelo - Trippier - Coufal (Webster - N.Williams)
Foden - Martinelli - Zaha - Trossard (Andreas)
Haaland - Kane - Mitrovic

Coufal is a minutes risk and his rotation options are dreadful this week. If he plays against Bournemouth he could be a really good option this week, though, which is the dilemma.

Have 3 million in the bank to pick up a better defender. That means all Liverpool's premium options are within reach. Could also go for Gomez and keep 2.8 million to upgrade Trossard to Bowen/Saka and then Mitrovic to Jesus/Darwin in later GWs.

Dutch D

F* me. Another dreadful week. Back down to 2million in rank. Not much is going my way this year. Sold Almiron ahead of GW11 before his Utd game. Thought I'd cash in on the hype before he blanked and drop price again. He did blank, only to go on and smash it for the next three gameweeks while Foden got me a whopping 2 points. Similar story selling Trossard for Saka who got 1 and 4 points.

Wanted to sell Mitrovic this week for Firmino, but now I might have to deal with selling Saka. Maybe for Rashford. Doing both seems much, can't really afford to take a hit in my position.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
My team is an absolutely tragedy at the moment.

Logged in around 2-3 hours for the kickoff today, wasn't allowed. Always got some problems. So Son and Toney were still in the team despite not playing.
Foden and Haaland on the bench only, Cancelo a Red. Martinez a doubt vs United.

It's over.

blrgooner

Established Member
Had a horror week myself this week. Foden and Haaland didn`t start, Salah killed it, Pope somehow missed the Clean sheet, Bowen didn`t do anything at home against CP. Worst of all was the fact that I moved from Zaha to Rashford this week just to see Zaha getting 2 returns and Rashford blanking. Huge fall in the rankings.
The actual results going our way makes it difficult to complain though

Dutch D

So this season has been absolutely dreadful, all my decisions don't work out.

Latest blunder, I went for Digne over Shaw because I thought Shaw had difficult fixtures and United wasnt that good defensively only for him to get a massive haul and a DGW. Wasn't really a defender I wanted so I went with a punt for a team who had good fixtures and possibly new manager bounce.

Now I went Cancelo -> Shaw, Darwin -> Kane early for price drops/rises. Had two free transfers. Now I'm considering a third transfer for a -4. I'm thinking Digne -> Ake. Would you guys do that for a -4? Not a big chance City is getting a clean sheet I reckon.

Dutch D

1680012538952.png
This is my current squad. I was planning on doing the following transfers in preparation for the bench boost:
- Ward --> De Gea
- Ødegaard --> March

Now Gnonto has an injury as well. Would you take a -8 to do Gnonto -> Solanke?

I wouldn't really use Solanke much afterwards so I feel like he's a bit expensive to keep on the bench after this GW, but he'll probably score more points than a flagged Gnonto. (can't go more expensive because I need the funds to do Toney -> Haaland next GW).

Circumstances have been suboptimal in the lead up to this GW anyway. Was originally planning Ødegaard --> Fernandes, but Ward isn't playing and Gnonto a question mark means my bench boost is looking quite poor at the moment.

blrgooner

Established Member
View attachment 13977
This is my current squad. I was planning on doing the following transfers in preparation for the bench boost:
- Ward --> De Gea
- Ødegaard --> March

Now Gnonto has an injury as well. Would you take a -8 to do Gnonto -> Solanke?

I wouldn't really use Solanke much afterwards so I feel like he's a bit expensive to keep on the bench after this GW, but he'll probably score more points than a flagged Gnonto. (can't go more expensive because I need the funds to do Toney -> Haaland next GW).

Circumstances have been suboptimal in the lead up to this GW anyway. Was originally planning Ødegaard --> Fernandes, but Ward isn't playing and Gnonto a question mark means my bench boost is looking quite poor at the moment.
Well one option would be to go for Steele instead of De Gea. That may give you enough money to actually get someone like Isak instead of Solanke? Either ways, I think Gnonto being injured makes the extra hit a risk worth taking as long as you are sure you are going to bench boost this week IMO.
As long as you get a player who will start, 2 starts will give you back the 4 points.

Dutch D

Well one option would be to go for Steele instead of De Gea. That may give you enough money to actually get someone like Isak instead of Solanke? Either ways, I think Gnonto being injured makes the extra hit a risk worth taking as long as you are sure you are going to bench boost this week IMO.
As long as you get a player who will start, 2 starts will give you back the 4 points.
Interesting option as well. I'm a bit worried about Isak's fitness and Steele's long term nailed-ness, but if they play they are probably better options.

One reason I went to De Gea is because ManU has a double in 34 and another double tbc. Since Fernandes is out of reach for me, that seemed like a solid third to add alongside Rashford and Shaw (GW31).

Difficult choices

blrgooner

Established Member
Interesting option as well. I'm a bit worried about Isak's fitness and Steele's long term nailed-ness, but if they play they are probably better options.

One reason I went to De Gea is because ManU has a double in 34 and another double tbc. Since Fernandes is out of reach for me, that seemed like a solid third to add alongside Rashford and Shaw (GW31).

Difficult choices
Yep. Agree with both the concerns. I have Steele and have the same issue. Only advantage being that after this week, even if Steele is not playing, Kepa will play and that should work on most weeks. De Gea is a great choice in the long run though.
My team is
1680092352640.png

Its fairly clear for me that I need to bring in Bruno and Shaw for Zinchenko and one among Saka/Ødegaard. I am still not sure who I want to sell between Saka and Ødegaard though. Either ways, I need to bring in Haaland for Toney for a hit next week. I ideally want to keep Saka but that might only mean that I might have to sell him in the next GW to get Haaland.

Dutch D

Yep. Agree with both the concerns. I have Steele and have the same issue. Only advantage being that after this week, even if Steele is not playing, Kepa will play and that should work on most weeks. De Gea is a great choice in the long run though.
My team is
View attachment 13998

Its fairly clear for me that I need to bring in Bruno and Shaw for Zinchenko and one among Saka/Ødegaard. I am still not sure who I want to sell between Saka and Ødegaard though. Either ways, I need to bring in Haaland for Toney for a hit next week. I ideally want to keep Saka but that might only mean that I might have to sell him in the next GW to get Haaland.
Looks to be in good shape. Guessing you're also bench boosting? I'm doing Toney --> Haaland as well. Definitely want to keep Saka over Ødegaard, which is why I'm not moving on Fernandes. Simply can't get Haaland back otherwise. Also have quite a lot of money tied up in Saka.

Think in your case it's worth selling Saka for Fernandes, though. The upside is there.

blrgooner

Established Member
Looks to be in good shape. Guessing you're also bench boosting? I'm doing Toney --> Haaland as well. Definitely want to keep Saka over Ødegaard, which is why I'm not moving on Fernandes. Simply can't get Haaland back otherwise. Also have quite a lot of money tied up in Saka.

Think in your case it's worth selling Saka for Fernandes, though. The upside is there.
I did that and almost had a great week but screwed up by forgetting to change my captain. Wanted Rashford as captain but made Saka to Fernandes change in the last moment and since Saka was my captain last week, Fernandes by default became captain for this week. This made a difference of more than 10K positions in the leaderboard.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom