• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 14/07/07

Nutsy

Established Member
Pre Season's here lads. It's been a while since I have created the match threads and our last one was against Portsmouth, the game was one of the bitter endings of the season 2006/2007. However, we are now entering to a whole new era. Now we can brace ourselves to a whole new season. After some frustrating boring boring dull off season, we can finally look forward to some Gunners action. Albeit this is the Pre - Season Friendlies.

So lads, it's

Competition : Pre season Friendly
Venue : Underhill Stadium
Due : Saturday, July 14th, 2007, 3pm GMT (UK Local Time)
Confirmed Live Broadcast : Arsenal TV Online

Arsenal.com Match Menu said:
Firstly Paul, how have pre-season preparations gone for Barnet?

Well, we came back last Wednesday and have been in every day apart from Sunday when we played a cricket game at the local cricket club. That was good fun and broke the training up.

What is your side like this season?

It is a new team with lots of new players. As for the new faces, we have Neal Bishop, who was player of the season at York City. Then there is Max Porter, a young midfielder from Bishop's Stortford, Michael Leary who was at Luton, and Anthony Thomas, a quick forward who played at Hemel Hempstead. We have been looking at other players as well.

What about that story linking you with Ray Parlour. What is the truth behind that?

We lost several senior figures in the summer. I had Andy Hessenthaler, Paul Warhurst and Ian Hendon last season. However the first two have gone and Ian Hendon has become assistant manager. So I was after a leading person on the pitch. I was aware that Ray was available and we made contact. He was at the stage where he was considering offers and, to be honest, he still is.

I understand he was training with Arsenal last season. It would have been a good link with Ray and a good opportunity to get back down to London. I don’t know if he has aspirations to become a coach but it would have been a good opportunity to keep that eye in as well.

We have not given up on but I think that Ray has other options higher than Barnet. So we’ll have to sit and wait to see what happens with that one.

Is there a chance he could sign for Barnet before Saturday? Would the prospect of Arsenal entice him?

I would not have thought so but there is always an option to give him a call. Ian Hendon is the one who is in contact. He could give him a call and tempt him to play. It could be on, you never know? We could play that card.

Where does this game fit in Barnet’s preparations? With respect there is big gap between the sides so what can you gain from it?

This is a fans' day. It is chance to see the Premiership stars when the Barnet fans don’t get the opportunity every Saturday and it is a chance for the Arsenal fans to perhaps see some of their new players.

Obviously we will learn. You can do that just from the movement and the passing of the players. And, of course, the scoreline can be quite dramatic. It was not so long ago that we got beaten 10-1. I remember we actually went 1-0 up and it was like prodding a hornets' nest. But it did not do us any harm because we went on that year to win the Conference and get back into the Football League. Last year was a close game too. It depends what side Arsenal bring but their movement is always a joy to watch.

Have you any indication of the side that Arsenal will put out?

I have spoken to the Club and I’ll have an indication later this week.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=476196&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Fairclough+-+I+have+not+given+up+on+signing+Parlour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... ng+Parlour</a>

Is anyone going to this friendly game? Hoping to see Fabianski, Eduardo to set their debuts, but some how, I'm inclined to think that Arsène may save their debuts - preferably Eduardo for the Ajax Tournament. I'm looking forward to see this one. Bendtner playing is a greater possibility. Along with all of the youngsters from the looks of it.

Soler

Established Member
Most of the big names won't play, last year only Hleb played and he only played a half. I reckon we'll see this team:

Fabianski
Hoyte - Djourou - Senderos - Traore
Denilson - Song - Diaby - Flamini
Bendtner - Walcott

Or something to that effect, anyway.

Nutsy

Established Member
Hang on, Is Flamini still in then? Thought He's leaving or some sort. Song? Isn't he still on loan with Charlton, unless he's being called for Pre-Season training with Arsenal. How does that works though:?:

M+D

Established Member
I think this sort of thing will be the team, although it's very hard to tell for friendlies:

---------------------------Fabianski-------------------------

Hoyte ------------- Djourou --- O'Caeruill ---- Traore

Walcott --------- Denilson ---- Song --------- Diaby

--------------------RvP ------------ Bendtner-----------

RvP and Walcott will play to start to regain match fitness I would think after such a long time out, but friendly teams are hard to guess to be honest. The likes of Merida, Randall, Barazite and Fonte could well be given chances knowing Wenger.

belgianfan

Nice thread nadz,

I hope we will get to see some of our new signings and maybe a few youngsters. I really hope theo and vp will feature

qs

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
I think this sort of thing will be the team, although it's very hard to tell for friendlies:

---------------------------Fabianski-------------------------

Hoyte ------------- Djourou --- O'Caeruill ---- Traore

Walcott --------- Denilson ---- Song --------- Diaby

--------------------RvP ------------ Bendtner-----------

RvP and Walcott will play to start to regain match fitness I would think after such a long time out, but friendly teams are hard to guess to be honest. The likes of Merida, Randall, Barazite and Fonte could well be given chances knowing Wenger.

I thought O'Caeruill was released?

M+D

Established Member
Not that I know of. Not sure why we would release him when Wigan wanted to sign him and he's just been made an international anyway - if we wanted rid of him we could just sell him. Where did you hear that anyway out of interest?

If he has left I would say Gavin Hoyte or Paul Rodgers may be given a chance, either that or Senderos I suppose.

qs

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
Not that I know of. Not sure why we would release him when Wigan wanted to sign him and he's just been made an international anyway - if we wanted rid of him we could just sell him. Where did you hear that anyway out of interest?

If he has left I would say Gavin Hoyte or Paul Rodgers may be given a chance, either that or Senderos I suppose.

I can't remember, just remember thinking it was odd when I heard it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
is there any live telecast or streams? i am excited about our first match.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
If it's sunny I will be there, usually a good laugh. Wont bother with it if it is raining. Only really want to go for a booze up with the lads!

M+D

Established Member
Can't wait for this game tbh. Yes it's Barnet, yes it's a friendly which is meaningless, yes it's possibly going to be played at a Snail's pace, but it's a live Arsenal game at last!! 8)
I hope it's a cracker like the 10-1 game a couple of years ago, that would be brilliant to watch, but either way I am happy because it brings an end to days where there is only transfer news and pretty much nothing else.

Top Bottom