• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fran Merida Watch

brady_style

Anyone know how Fran Merida is faring over in Spain.

I alway thought he was a smashing young player although he had no real appetite for tackling or tracking.

Is he impressing at his new club ?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
only started 4 La Liga games (9 sub apps).. 1 assist

started a few Copa del Rey games, got 2 goals there..

overall, not much impact thus far

brady_style

Wow.

That's bizarre.

Is he about to join that long list of players who end up drifting through the rest of their career once they leave here.

Hope not. Always liked the kid.

brady_style

Yeah but the whole reason he wouldn't extend his contract with us was because he wanted game time.

I thought he would definitely feature more for Atletico this season.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Seen him once or twice but he hasn't done anything big yet. He's been coming on as sub. Atleti are waste of space anyway. So much talent and they never do anything (well, okay the won the Europa League last year) anything in La Liga- a real schizophrenic team. Wish Fran well but he'll only be frustrated in that team.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Wonder if Fran would have been playing as part of the team, rotated with Wilshere, had he stayed?

Im sure he'l get football, he is still young and has many years ahead of him.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Watched him earlier this week against Real. The word anonymous is an understatement. Perhaps it's cos Atletico were so bad but I honestly forgot he was on the pitch until the commentators screamed his name after a poorly placed shot.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Shadow Moses said:
Watched him earlier this week against Real. The word anonymous is an understatement. Perhaps it's cause Atletico were so bad but I honestly forgot he was on the pitch until the commentators screamed his name after a poorly placed shot.

They were that bad. I stopped watching that match in the 1st half as I knew Atletico were not going to come back. I wish the lad luck but what a team to play for. Really not sure he would have had much playing time this season though. He was always behind Jack, Denilson, Diaby et al so he probably did the right thing in moving.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom