• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesco Toldo

Florida Gooner

The Toldo possibility

This from Dave Taylor at Football Italia via channel4.com:

Toldo has Arsenal option
Inter ‘keeper Francesco Toldo could be a January target for Arsenal. "I have an excellent relationship with the Premiership club," his agent Andrea D'Amico is quoted as saying. "We are now just looking at how the Toldo situation evolves and what Inter’s intentions are. Arsenal would definitely be a prestigious option for him." Toldo has recently been dropped from the Nerazzurri side.

Evil Dragon

FRANCESCO TOLDO

born in: Padova
on: December 2 1971
position: Goalkeeper
height: 196 cm
weight: 90 kg

So that would make him 32, and Jens is 35. From what I have heard and seen Toldo is a v. good goalkeeper, and quite tall.

Florida Gooner

gooner3 said:
if he is not good enough to be the inter team then he is not good enough to be in the arsenal team

I believe Toldo has been chosen to be the fall guy for what has been, until the last two games, a rather porous Inter defense. Haven't seen enough of them to make a definitive judgement, though.

weelip

Evil Dragon said:
FRANCESCO TOLDO

So that would make him 32, and Jens is 35. From what I have heard and seen Toldo is a v. good goalkeeper, and quite tall.

I believe you made a calculation error. He will be 34 come Jan 05. By the way, i still think think he is too old although i have less and less confidence in Jens doing the job.

Canuck

Established Member
Yes I'd rather see a younger keeper coming in, or one of our reserves making the grade so we don't have to spend. It'd be nice to have a young English keeper ala D.S. just for old times sake. :mrgreen:

arsenal4life

weelip said:
Evil Dragon said:
FRANCESCO TOLDO

I believe you made a calculation error. He will be 34 come Jan 05. By the way, i still think think he is too old although i have less and less confidence in Jens doing the job.

33 not 34
and Lehmann will be 35

for me he'll be a good choice
and our Inter deals were good

Mark

Established Member
We need a younger option. Someone long term. We can't keep blowing money on a new goalkeeper every year or two.

Sammer

Established Member
Mark said:
We need a younger option. Someone long term. We can't keep blowing money on a new goalkeeper every year or two.

Exactly - Jens´ successor will be in the early/mid twenties and therefore a long-term replacement.

Hildebrandt. I cannot imagine that Wenger does not consider him.

calvinngai88

Right. Hi all again, my first post ever since june or july i suppose. Anyway, I don't think Wenger will try for Hildebrandt. Firstly, he's a first choice keeper at VFB Stuttgart and surely they'll ask for big bucks for him. Not saying Arsenal cannot afford him, but for Wenger's characteristic, i doubt he'll spend the big bucks in ANOTHER keeper, especially when he now got Almunia and Taylor at bay. Toldo? a good keeper but well maybe because of the San Siro 5-1, Wenger won't even consider him, i assume. If Lehmann's to be axed, i guess either Almunia or Taylor will be the beneficiary.

weelip

arsenal4life said:
weelip said:
Evil Dragon said:
FRANCESCO TOLDO

33 not 34
and Lehmann will be 35

for me he'll be a good choice
and our Inter deals were good

oops...made an error there. But still sticking with my opinion that he is too old.

calvinngai88

Toldo's as temperamental as Lehmann. Recalled Toldo holding Baggio on the neck a season or two back. He's good last time, but not for now. And like what weelip has said, he's OLD.

Florida Gooner

Umm, last time I checked the Serie A pitches and my family tree, the words temperamental and Italian are linked as closely as spaghetti and meatballs. :wink:

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think Wenger should pursue robert Green.He could be groomed.Hes good now but at arsenal he could get better and better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom