• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesco Toldo

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I can't see Arsène signing a goalkeeper during the January window. Besides Toldo and Lehmann are on a pretty similar level and age.

arsenal4life

GoonerGurjit said:
I can't see Arsène signing a goalkeeper during the January window. Besides Toldo and Lehmann are on a pretty similar level and age.

me too

he's cup tied and we'll never play with one goalie in EPL and another in CL
this is the worst thing ever to happen to a defense

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal and Manchester United are both keen to sign Italian keeper Francesco Toldo from Inter Milan. (News of the World)

Evil Dragon

Arsenal and Manchester United are battling over signing Shay Given, who Newcastle want £15M for, as well as Jesus Navas and Sergio Ramos.

(Sunday People)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Chelsea are ready to sell out-of-favour keeper Carlo Cudicini to Inter Milan. (News of the World)

If Inter sign Cudicini then that would leave the door open for Toldo to leave.

Asterix

Established Member
We have been linked with many keepers over the (northern) summer. Plenty of big names, big teams.

Wenger bought Manuel Almunia. I think he might have a few surprises left yet. :wink:

Sammer

Established Member
He is too old and, to be honest, a bit on the downfall. Toldo is great, but it seems like that he is a bit out of form.

In my view, Wenger will stick with Lehmann for maybe another season (after this one) and splash money on a long-term prospect = young keeper.

Piston Broke

GoonerGurjit said:
Chelsea are ready to sell out-of-favour keeper Carlo Cudicini to Inter Milan. (News of the World)

If Inter sign Cudicini then that would leave the door open for Toldo to leave.

I'd rather we signed Cudicini

arsenal4life

i don't see the point Toldo will go to chelski

he want to leave Inter cause he lost his first team position

will he play in chelski with Cech doing a god job

i don't think that at all

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No one is saying he's going to Chelsea. They are saying that Cudicini might be on his way to Inter thus freeing Toldo to go to whoever wants him, ad in this case it is reportedly Arsenal. Either way I doubt all this is true.

A

Anonymous

We don't want dropouts for Christ sakes...
Or atleast another dropout. Just look at Lehmann.

Top Bottom