• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesco Toldo

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
better than lehmann but we have to stop this old keeper crap. get someone who will play for us over the next 15 years. maybe that stekelenberg kid.

A

Anonymous

GoonerGurjit said:
gunnertilldeath said:
get someone who will play for us over the next 15 years. maybe that stekelenberg kid.

Yes, good shout. Stekelenberg looks extremely promising.
Mentioned him before yet no-one listened.
Either that or the majority don't know who he is.

I like the guys height.
Dislike short keepers, even though they have agillity on thier side.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I've also mentioned Stekelenberg countless times. Ajax have another crop of brilliant young Dutch players coming through. The likes of Heitinga, de Jong, Sneijder, de Ridder, van der Vaart and Stekelenberg will all go on to be top class.

A

Anonymous

GoonerGurjit said:
I've also mentioned Stekelenberg countless times. Ajax have another crop of brilliant young Dutch players coming through. The likes of Heitinga, de Jong, Sneijder, de Ridder, van der Vaart and Stekelenberg will all go on to be top class.
Shame we won't buy any.
The majority will go to Barca, Madrid, Milan, etc.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We will be able to get a few if we are interested. Wenger will have money available within the short term and I feel if he needs to he will use the money.

Mostarac

Established Member
No thanks, it says a bit about Toldo when that awful Julio Cesar has managed to take over the goalkeeper-position at Inter.

Ruslan Matuzau

What for???? :?: Arsenal got 4 clean sheets in a row, Lehmann was named MOTM various times, Almunia is pretty good.... is it Arsenal's biggest problem? Is it Arsenal market activity? :bash

Asterix

Established Member
bluenaz said:
&)@(!# *beep*
a GK for 16, go buy torres instead ffs

You're all getting the wrong end of the stick here - Toldo (height 196cm :wink: ) would be free, or a minimal fee as he is off contract at the end of the season. Brian was referring to a different keeper, not Toldo. Nowhere does it say we are looking to spend 16m on a keeper.

Not sure if this is serious either, as we've just extended Poom's loan, Toldo's not been playing regularly, and he's only two years younger than Jens anyway. I don't think bringing in 33/34 year old keepers every 3 or 4 years is a sensible way to go, so hopefully Wenger is looking for someone younger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom