• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesco Totti

asajoseph

Established Member
I have no source for this, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Earlier on the 606 boards, it was doing the rounds that Arsenal were looking to sign Roma forward Francesco Totti, and it had been reported on Italian tv/radio. Oppinion towards this was VERY negative.

A few pro's and con's, in my eyes.

+

+ He's a player of undoubted quality. In fact, he's one of the only players in the world REALLY capable of playing in the Bergkamp role, but scoring them as well as creating.

+ He's at Roma. Roma need cash. We have cash (especially if Reyes goes). Might make sense.

+ It's be a big **** OFF to the likes of Utd. and Chelsea. It would demonstrate that we ARE capable of drawing massive stars to this club. It would piss them off, and scare the **** out of just about everybody else in the premiership.

-

- He dives more than van Nistelhorsefacedcunt and spits more than El Hadj Poof.

- Monster ego. What on earth would he do to the dressing room?

- Roma may need the cash, but he still wouldn't be cheap. And then there are his wages!!! Plus, if it emerged that he was on the move, Real and Chelsea would definitely be sniffing around.

Verdict?

If we were offered the chance to sign him, I'd probably go for it. You can't really turn down talent like that. On the other hand, we probably couldn't afford him after the inevitable bidding war with Chelsea and Real. A non-starter, if you ask me, almost no-chance we'd get him. But hey, we can dream.

n_henry

I can't see him coming here either. Real have been heavily linked with him the past couple of seasons, and he'd probably go there. Plus, I think he'll probably be more suited to Spanish lifestyle than English...

I'd love him here though (let's put the issue of wages and all that aside for a moment). He's world class, and like you said you can't really turn that kind of talent down. As for his "ego"... Wenger would sort him out. 8) He can go around thinking he's the king of **** for all I care - as long as he performs on the pitch. ;)

wer

I am sure on the field with Henry he would be great. ;D But we have absolutely no chance to sign him because if he moves it will either be Real or Juventus.
:(

Canuck

Established Member
He dives more than van Nistelhorsefacedcunt and spits more than El Hadj Poof.

:lol:

Like I said in the other thread, he's got skill and is probably one of the few players who could even come close to filling the "Dennis role" for us. But I just can't stand the guy. Not to be trusted.

JazzG

Established Member
Guy never performs out of serie a and imo his ego wouldn't fit in well here, I would be pretty annoyed if we wasted money on him.

Gurgen

Established Member
He's the typical Italian playboy asshole. If we sign him he will need a massive personality transformation. And that will never happen.

asajoseph

Established Member
Whilst we all know that he's a bit of a tart, what do you guys think the ACTUAL effect of carting his ego to Highbury would be?

Gurgen

Established Member
I don't think Vieira and Henry will take kindly to his prima donna behaviour. Just a wild guess :wink:

JGooner

Don't want him. Great talent, but his personality could be destabilising and, as JazzG says, his record outside serie A isn't great. We need someone with pedigree in the CL.

malagar

I think that Paddy and Ralph could make him loose his ego if needed 8)
If he took things seriously and played at his best for us then he could be the missing link for the champions league .
But its a big if :|

Mark

Established Member
Difficult to say no to Totti, but it wouldn't surprise me. He just doesn't have the attitude to make it work at Arsenal. I'm pretty sure he will end up at Juve or Real.

luma

he would bring quality i hope he comes and if he wenger would have to work on his temperment issues

Xanshin

I think he's what we need. We need an arrogant, self-obsessed prima donna who'll be mores than willing to give Henry some stick back when things go wrong for him...

He's got undoubted quality...and being dirty on the field had HUGE advantages. Just ask Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Keane, Bowyer, etc.

koivu

I'm sorry but "Class" and "Totti" do not belong in the same sentence, unless you include word "lacks". He's one of the least suitable players for Arsenal that I could imagine. A big fat NO THANK YOU.

Gurgen

Established Member
Xanshin said:
I think he's what we need. We need an arrogant, self-obsessed prima donna who'll be mores than willing to give Henry some stick back when things go wrong for him...

He's got undoubted quality...and being dirty on the field had HUGE advantages. Just ask Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Keane, Bowyer, etc.

You're evil :lol:

Lukazan

Established Member
I don't care how good the guy is, I don't want him at Arsenal.

We already have a big reputation for diving, being mardy, girly.. and Totti would only raise that reputation x100.

He is probably the biggest **** in football today, seriously. He thinks he is god's gift to this game and as I said, no matter how good he can be, I don't want him at Arsenal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom