<

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Aug 5, 2020.

1. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Blessed to be Chilean

El Duderino and Hunta like this.
  2. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

The big difference is the agent influence. It's entirely possible that we go from general incompetence to bigger incompetence plus potential corruption.

3. Aubamagoal

Aubamagoal Member

There it is. Cat’s out of the bag. Raul's final coup de grace to Arsène's Arsenal.

Players have taken a paycut. Bonds were repurchased by Kroenkes to lower interet payments. We are reported to sign Willian and Coutinho on high wages. Yet there is need to sack 55 people? People who have been with the club through many years and combined earn much less than one prominent player.

Some questions need to bee asked:

1. Why didn’t the club try harder to retain employees at this time of trouble?
    2. Was the paycut purposed to be for signings? For agent fees?
    3. Will scouts be replaced?
    4. If Özil didn’t agree to the purpose of the paycut, was he ostracized since the lockdown as punishment?

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

That's my big concern, we won't really know how this will play out until years from now in terms of agent use.

5. PressResistance

PressResistance Active Member

Anyone who is against conventional scouting as the basic method of rating a player, how he fits in, is not particularly smart.

Let me illustrate this.
    You go out and set your eyes on the prize and pull in a bird that you find fits you the most.

Or you can let some fan boys and supposed amigos sell you on some friend that has all filtered pictures and you're thinking here's the ultimate prize, only to be stuck with a whale.

Are you not noticing how important it is to have loyal servants of the club with less hidden interests or are you willing to trust your country club honcho dons who have set their eyes on that agent fee and bonuses?

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

Miki Marin said he’s responsible for Martinelli and Saliba. Pipe down man.

7. GDeep™

Superb post.

8. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Curious to see how this affects Football Manager... No more Scouting Centre?

Fallout likes this.
  9. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Will there now just be an "Agent Centre"?

Fallout likes this.
  10. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

The AM legend spot on as usual.

#aheadofthecurve

Rex Banter, Tir Na Nog and Hunta like this.
  11. OnlyOne

I've literally just read an article saying the club went against his players previously. You call Kike a fraud daily.

Plus Saliba went for 30M, hardly a hidden gem.

I don't know what you're getting at.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  12. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's also why we shouldn't overreact to this. I'm concerned too, but going all doom and gloom shortly after we won the FA Cup benefits nobody. Nor does romanticizing the period before. Can't say the last few transfer windows were the worst we had in the last 10 years.

OnlyOne likes this.
  13. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Saliba better be some Ramos/Van Dijk hybrid with wings the way we hype him up without playing a minute for Arsenal yet. :lol:

Toby Andrl and GDeep™ like this.
  14. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

I’ve been Hagn’d ffs.

El Duderino likes this.
  15. GDeep™

The job of a scout is to advise, it’s up to the club who they buy.

You said he hadn’t found a player for ages when in the last year he is being credited for Martinelli and Saliba.

16. OnlyOne

[​IMG]

17. OnlyOne

Stop saying he's been credited on finding Saliba then telling me Kike said it. :lol:

I could of recommended Saliba ffs.

18. ThisFather

ThisFather Fan of Alpha Males

StatDna lol. You would genuinely have more success scouting players on Football Manager databases

lomekian and PressResistance like this.
  19. GDeep™

Just stop man.

20. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Isn't this all a bit knee jerk. We don't even know what the plan is. As much as the Kia involvement looks suspect, we did appoint a manager who hadn't managed a single game before.

Arteta says we have a plan. Why not wait to see what it is? He is the one person I have faith in.

krackpot, Dj_sds -, Tosker and 2 others like this.