<

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

It's shocking how irresponsibly our finances were handled. If we employ as many staff as Man United having no backup plan is ridiculous. A business needs to sustain itself and it's not exactly a great game plan to live on knife's edge all the time.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  2. Manberg

Manberg Predator

3. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Really trying to exploit the South American market. Looks like European players we’ll be interested in will be more established.

4. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

5. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

So all this ****ing bum had to show us in two decades in Cesc, a player from Barca who was tearing it up with Messi as kids? How the **** did he keep his job that long? But the narrative wont be denied... rAUl, vINai aND eDu ArE ****S

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Cazorla as a 16 year old, Monreal when in was in the 2nd division in Spain, Cesc, Bellerin, Martinelli, Emi Martinez, Lauren, told the club to sign Auba instead of Giroud in 2012, told them not to sign Mustafi and Lucas Perez. And that's just the ones we know about.

Maybe, celestis and GDeep™ like this.
  7. Jury

How much was Auba going for in 2012 compared to £10m Giroud? Martinelli and Emi havent done anything yet, Bellerin is gash and my mum could have told us not to sign Mustafi and Perez. It's sketchy if that's the best he's done.

8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Auba went to Dortmund for £11.7m in 2013, £300k less than Giroud did the year before. Bellerin wasn't always gash and I swear you love Emi like most of A-M. :lol:

9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

"A-M mostly love Emi, mostly"

;)

American_Gooner likes this.
  10. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

Does Brexit have something to do with this? Are we actually being canny looking outside Europe?

11. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I've wondered the same. I remember, though, when we announced Martinelli that some were saying he was representative of the kind of player we were going to start aiming for in South America: players that have dual citizenship who can get a work permit in England.

12. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I’ve read that players are upset. I wonder whether they’re upset about the 55 redundancies or that they think they’ve been played by management into wage cuts. Either way, any damage to squad harmony is bad. Players must be bought on board.

13. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Ty Gooden has been at the club years and got **** all out of regions generating massive talents. What a leech.

Jury likes this.
  14. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

The club could've framed this whole thing as a restructuring of an underperforming department, which is what it is in all likelihood, and nobody would've batted an eyelid.

When Edu came in, reports specifically said that he'd be evaluating the various departments before acting accordingly.

PR disaster.

lomekian, say yes, Riou and 3 others like this.
  15. PressResistance

PressResistance Active Member

Not like they did it with Guendouzi, Özil...

Bums.

16. Jury

So Wenger chose Giroud over Auba? Merci, you slag! I do love Emi, but he hasn’t established himself yet. Bellerin is the classic example of ‘it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish’... Man has gone backwards since he was 18.

American_Gooner and OnlyOne like this.
  17. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

18. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Why are we the only club in world football who has come up with the genius idea of sacking all their scouts?

19. moloso

moloso Active Member

Although there are no details - answer is likely no and if anything, clubs won't be able to sign any foreign players until they are 18 and potentially will have to get work permits for every foreign player. There will be no footballing benefit to English clubs after Brexit and if anything it gives all European clubs a major advantage. Took back control though right.

lomekian likes this.
  20. moloso

moloso Active Member

On the scouting issue - it's a genuine worry if these guys are not replaced. If it is part of an actual review then fair enough - the club has clearly had an issue with scouting, whether it's identifying targets or their opinion not being listened to, something needed to change.

If however, it is basically linked to the mass redundancies and purely money saving then this club is in far worse shape than previously thought and the short sightedness would sum up several questionable decisions.