<

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Aug 5, 2020.

1. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I think the scouting restructuring is part of a long term plan and nothing to do with Covid. The rest of the redundancies/sackings are all most likely due to pandemic. Hospitality staff, catering etc. You can see why the club have done it but for the money saved it seems harsh and makes us look like a bunch of Cvnts!

James Bond and Jury like this.
  2. moloso

moloso Active Member

Club needs to be transparent here tbh. Once the redundancies have been settled they need to come out, list the jobs and the money saved.

Club is in financial struggles because we have managed our assets badly and struggled on the pitch not because we are paying 55 people on "normal salaries". We probably saved more than enough cash to cover these salaries as we barely had to pay out win bonuses through the season FFS.

Rex Banter and tap-in like this.
  3. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

This is interesting. Traditional top 3 with a lot of staff. Football Heritage.

I wonder how/where we employ all these extra people compared to the others in the list. Hopefully they have jobs where it's easier to switch employers.

Didn't Tottenham try to furlough their staff a few months ago? You'd expect similar things over there then as well.

Jury likes this.
  4. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Kia has his defenders here eh!

5. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Haha. Nothing more to say. This club is going down the drain and I have been saying that for ages. As a player I would push hard for a move away.

Troopz and American_Gooner like this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Did he scout Van Persie too?

American_Gooner and celestis like this.
  8. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Looks like it

Riou likes this.
  9. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Players like Fabregas and Robin van Persie (rvp was very well known for his talent as much as his attitude) would’ve been known to lots of clubs. It was our ability to get the deals over the line through the various forms of skullduggery that made it happen. We had David Dein and Wenger was a big pull as well. In instances like those, scouting is ovrestated.

lomekian, Riou, Oxeki and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Yep, love Kia, hate Wenger and Özil. In short, I'm a ****ing soulless and evil ****.

Football Manager and Oxeki like this.
  11. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

To be honest, our scouting in the last decade hasn't been that great compared to the likes of Porto, Ajax or Dortmund. Hell, even Lille.

12. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Strange that this comes from Cesc of all people...

13. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Yeah you'd think we could cut the money somewhere else. How about suing Özil for Trades Description act, we bought him as a footballer not a Fortnite expert!

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Never seen players react like this to a head of recruitment leaving?

15. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

16. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

17. parishioner

parishioner Croydon's GDeep

Wasn't Özil was the only one refusing the pay cut, not on the principle of a pay cut per se but simply because he first wanted assurances on where the money would be spent? A lot of criticism and vitriol went his way as a result.

Kick in the teeth for the rest who were suckered into giving away 12.5% (now 7.5%) and now find it insufficient to save even 55 relatively low-paid jobs and being used instead to fund signing on fees and incentives for new players. No wonder they now want some answers.

Seems like Özil (or rather his agent, Erkut Sogut) was the only one who sussed out the club's real and shameful priorities....

GDeep™, tap-in, kash2 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Sounds plausible

19. dbig

dbig Well-Known Member

Must have tried to block Wenger from signing him back in the day.

20. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

and?