• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
"Our recruitment is ****, but don't you DARE fire our scouts!"
It's not necessarily the firing of scouts that i think most have an issue with, it's what's being put in its place. We're not nearly wealthy enough to become reliant on agents and make it work. So unless there are plans to pump up investment into the club, which there obviously aren't, this is all just bizarre really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That is literally 3 players in over a decade.

Genuine apart from that who have we scouted to become world beaters?

Jury is still out on Martinelli as well as he's still a kid.

Ngl I don't really know much about Cagigao but our scouting hasn't been amazing?
His job is to advise. It’s up to the club who they sign or don’t sign. He was pro Griezmann for example.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sven brought in Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, Torreira, Mkhitaryan and Guendouzi.

Everyone here hates Emery. Why should Raul listen to him?
His decisions had us finish 8th in the table my friend. Hardly worked out did they?

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Not to mention what happens when Raul and Edu inevitably **** off, do their contacts also do so? Do we switch it up again? It's really short sighted.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
People getting worked up like we've been run like Dortmund signing generational talents year after year. Looks at our transfer history. Hardly impressive, is it?
Well that's the wrong way of looking at it, for example Cagigao recommended that club not sign Mustafi and Lucas Perez but they went ahead and did so anyway. Not to mention:
Cagigao had identified Lauren as a potential successor to Lee Dixon while he was playing in midfield for Mallorca. Cagigao convinced Wenger and Rice that Lauren would be a right-back but The Athletic understands that, after his first few training sessions, the coaches were far from convinced.

Lauren started his Arsenal career in midfield but in typical fashion, Cagigao stood firm: if he was played at right-back, he would flourish. A few months later, Lauren made the transition — and Cagigao received a grateful phone-call from Wenger: “You were right. He’s a right-back.”

juice man

Can't make his mind up
What are you on about? He’s the guy who told Gazidis Perez was mid table quality, said Mustafi was rubbish. Recommended Griezmann etc etc

Best footballing mind at the club.
Right, so the club doesn't use his recommendations anyway. Might as well have been sacked 5 years ago.

MUCH bigger problems at the club that FC being sacked. Surprised this is rocking people as much as it is.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Can't say i know much about this situation. I'm presuming, given the reactions, he's uncovered more than just those three players mentioned?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I forgot that the head of StatDNA was also ousted from the club aswell. Everybody with significant power regarding recruitment policy has slowly been shifted out since Raul and later Edu came on board. Soon, we'll only be sourcing talent from a small handful of people and not based on any actual emphasis on squad building. We're in big trouble down the road if this is anything to go by. Our only hope is Arteta keeping most of this squad together and Hale End churning out big stars.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

His job is to advise. It’s up to the club who they sign or don’t sign. He was pro Griezmann for example.

Well he hasn't been very convincing over the last decade then because we haven't done well.

I don't know if I am missing something here? We have competed for the title in a decade, recruitment is a massive part of that so I'm not sure if it's such a huge loss?

My worry is the growing influence on Kia ffs, slime ball is getting deeper into Arsenal as the days roll by, knows the clubs every move.

PressResistance

Instead of adding eyes to spot the most exciting, young players, we have allowed a group of bums led by Kroenke to poke our eye-sockets out for a little bit of that sweet agent fee they will be sharing amongst themselves on coke and midget Latinas.

Not my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom