• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Jeffers (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester

Established Member
we need to buy another foward now - only 3 players with prem experience - henry, bergy, reyes. we need another if we are to fight on all 3 fronts this season

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
KingReyes said:
I think Charlton will sign Jeffers IF, Di Canio completes his move to Lazio.
Why would Lazio want to buy him. Fair enough at his peak he was a fantastic player, but isn't he like 35 years old. I don't see the point.

KingReyes

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
KingReyes said:
Why would Lazio want to buy him. Fair enough at his peak he was a fantastic player, but isn't he like 35 years old. I don't see the point.

Who knows but its been comfirmed, a bit after the Jeffers transfer was confirmed tonight. Lazio are a team in massive debt and Di Canio is a former player of theirs. Maybe these were factors.

calvinngai88

*Loyan* said:
KingReyes said:

Well, Lazio was all along in debt ever since Salas-Crespo-Lopez-Veron era passed. And Lazio was left with the skeleton after selling their top players, brought in mainly youngsters and sticked with their old but experienced players like Simeone and Peruzzi. And now with Roberto Mancini gone, Corradi, Stankovic, Fiore had made their leaves, Cesar and Oddo to follow sooner or later. No doubt Lazio need to sign some players to guarantee at least they are still staying in Serie A, so as to not lose a huge bulk in revenue.

Denish

i can see lazio pulling a fiorentina and going bankrupt, re-emerging in serie b soon afterwards. lol, never did like lazio.

Clarkey

I don't think wenger will go for another striker, just shift Ljungberg/Pires into the Bergy role if needed and give Pennant his games on the right. Also we have Karbassiyoon who has been being nutured in the reserves he looked impressive in reserve games but wasn't fully ready, but could surprise us all this season after adapting to the style of play. Wenger also likes Mr Ryan Smith, and his pace could be of benefit on one of the wings if we moves someone else upfront. Pennant was also played upfront in the reserves before his Leeds loan, and wenger talked of him possibly being a striker.

Bringing in another striker would prevent the youths coming through Wenger has been hoping for, and Niedzwicki has been working hard on. Which is why I doubt we would buy a striker, and I doubt there will be any signings at all now.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think Jeffers is better out than in, whether we buy a new player or not. He wasn't contributing anything to the team either in the dressing room or on the pitch, and was taking some hefty wages all things considered.

I do think we need a new striker, even IF Wenger wants to gamble on youth, as I think that the majority of this deal will have been completed before Aliadiere sustained his injury.

jacc_7_1

the 'fox in the box' didnt really worked out well for us...
another striker would not be necessary though... RVP and reyes can both played as striker so do pennant...

calvinngai88

Henry, Reyes, Bergkamp/RVP for first team. Then what about the League Cup team? No Aliadiere, no Jeffers. Only Lupoli and Quincy. Ryan Smith's out till end of year with injury.

Asterix

Established Member
Bye bye Fox. I've picked Jeffers in my Soccernet Fantasy League squad.

We should have a much trimmer wage bill now with Jeffers, Kanu and Wiltord all gone.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
heh, you say that now, but wait til we end up giving Paddy $30,000 more a week than he currently earns.... that takes care of Wiltord's wages.... lol

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true.... and thats just from 2 players.. we got rid of 18.... and only brought 4 in.... maybe we can use some of that to pay Sol to stay at the club

jacc_7_1

after giving sol a pay rise i hope we can use the money to buy another defender... after seeing so many fringe players leaving the club in the pre season it would be good to buy a few young players for the future and give them the chance to play in carling cup maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom