• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Franck Ribéry

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
The Mirror's Heard a Whisper? section is another matter, of course. But, all gossip gets a fair deal from the Mill, so we'll pass on news that 'er up the road's got a cousin whose brother's wife works in accounts at the garage where Arsenal get their fleet cars serviced, and she says the club are going to swap Robert Pires for Marseille's Franck Ribery in January. He's a fleet-footed young France U21 winger, it says here.

not seen the guy play at all, so i need an education.

source: <a class="postlink" href="http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/</a>

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Pires would never go back to Marseille. Didn't you know that he got booed before he left and he received threats. The fans themselves don't like him. He's like Harry Kewell of Liverpool last season (got booed at the CL final). If he leaves, Marseille isn't the disneyland for him.

And who is Frank Ribery? Someone mind telling me about this guy?!!

A

Anonymous

he's very very pace and tricky on the ball he is very strong i would prefer him to pires he can play left or right wing

wer

i hope Pires can stay. He can still contribute something, i believe. and if the young winger is really talented we can buy him and a swap is not necessary and the media just love swaps, it makes things exciting, you see?

A

Anonymous

French U-21 my arse.
Too much of a resemblence to Peter Beardsley.

brianfrance

Established Member
1 year ago I told bobbypires here that ribéry was called 'the new pires' at Metz (and bobby obviously was angry, theres only one robert pires!)

Since then, he moved to galatasaray but ended his contract in strange manner...his agent destroyed his car in front of his parents house :| :lol:

The guy is the best marseille player so far, very tricky and pacey. He scored a few tap-ins this season, always the same : Taiwo shots a free-fick, but with so much power that the keeper can't handle the ball, and ribéry is there to push the ball into the net... LOL they won yesterday with that goal again!

But there's a problem. He's ugly. Keown looks class alongside ribéry :wink:

FootballImage20000000000000000000019521.jpg

Arjan

OMG he looks like Gary Neville :shock:

Is our plan B just buying ugly players to scare defenders?

A

Anonymous

GoonerGurjit said:
Who cares if he's ugly? What matters is whether he is good enough for Arsenal? After all look at Ronaldinho.

He looks realy ill to me!

brianfrance

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Who cares if he's ugly? What matters is whether he is good enough for Arsenal? After all look at Ronaldinho.

Ronnie looks funny, ribéry looks psycho :lol: Its all joking of course. The guy is quite good at the moment, but I've seen so many young talents fading recently here, that I prefer not to say he's arsenal material. I've seen him at metz last season during 6 months, the first few months he was truly outstanding and got the tag 'new pires', metz was on the top half, then he faded a bit (he signed there from the 3rd division, he played there 3 seasons, for 3 different teams..) physically he wasn't strong enough IMO. Then in january he signed for galatasaray so I couldn't watch him. After clamimg he hasn't been paid for 3 months, he moved to marseille on the free, where, at the moment, he's playing well (we are in october only..). Lets wait and see how the guy progresses before making a move. And anyway for multiple reason I dont believe marseille will do business with us, Ribéry is an icon already there and marseille fans are very very hard with the staff, never understand why their best players are sold lol, and futhermore the flaminis matter still in court.... No need to say a swap deal for pires wont suit them, they'd want cash (drogba's effect anyone...)

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
The guy looks like a mixture of Gary Neville and Raymond Domenech. old and ugly. But I hope his football is not like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom