• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Franck Ribéry

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfrance

Established Member
BTW, he has just won 'player of the month' award, with over 70% of the votes. Juninho comes only second -this time- !

sabret00the

Established Member
brianfrance said:
LOL I think its clear as water! We can't call our relationship with marseille 'excellent' :lol:
**** keep forgetting that. but surely money talks? do you think he could come here? do you think he's good enough? can he play on the right?

brianfrance

Established Member
That would be big money move....not realistic, at least at the moment. We didn't have to pay for flamini, so if we buy ribéry, they'd certainly ask us to pay for flamini as well...

If he keeps his current he's good enough, don't you think ? He can play right or left, more often on the right for marseille, but wasn't that bad on the left once again tonight! Now he just has to show consistency.

sabret00the

Established Member
brianfrance said:
That would be big money move....not realistic, at least at the moment. We didn't have to pay for flamini, so if we buy ribéry, they'd certainly ask us to pay for flamini as well...

If he keeps his current he's good enough, don't you think ? He can play right or left, more often on the right for marseille, but wasn't that bad on the left once again tonight! Now he just has to show consistency.
£5million would be a bargain for a man of his ability and potential, surely that's be enough for Marseille?

brianfrance

Established Member
for 5M£ they'd laugh at wenger's face. At that price Houllier would have already shown the checkbook! And to be honnest, Marseille wont sell him in january. Without him, they'd be 18th in the league! He's the top scorer (not hard, all strikers together have 4 goals IIRC lol) and fans favourite.

sabret00the

Established Member
brianfrance said:
for 5M£ they'd laugh at wenger's face. At that price Houllier would have already shown the checkbook! And to be honnest, Marseille wont sell him in january. Without him, they'd be 18th in the league! He's the top scorer (not hard, all strikers together have 4 goals IIRC lol) and fans favourite.
more than £5m for a player that can't settle, how much are we talking about here?

brianfrance

Established Member
don't know - I'm not even sure a 10M£ offer would be accepted. The chairman would be killed! Marseille fans are REALLY crazy. This is why many many players cannot play well for marseille, but can for other teams (and for a few other reasons). Fans have not accepted the sale of dogbag yet, says it all. Wankers :lol: Lets keep this thread for june; he wont move in january, I'd bet my mother!

gunner_down_under

damn he's an ugly motherf*cker......lol, just thought I'd join in guys......but from what I've seen, he looks more or less like Pires when he's average, but nothing like the Bobby from the double-winning season!!

maradonad2g

great performance tonight I think he'll make it to frances full squad very soon with displays like this. maybe wenger should act before that happens or we could wait for nasri to mature alot more

sabret00the

Established Member
gunner_down_under said:
damn he's an ugly motherf*cker......lol, just thought I'd join in guys......but from what I've seen, he looks more or less like Pires when he's average, but nothing like the Bobby from the double-winning season!!
he's 20, have him under Wengers tuition and he'll improve. and to say he looks like an average Pires in absurb. i'd take Ribery over an average Pires any day of the week.

brianfrance

Established Member
Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Dortmund, Juventus, Ajax were at nancy to watch ribéry according to french reports.

asajoseph

Established Member
gstew said:
It would be shocking if OM sold to us after the "beautiful treachery" of Flamini.

What if we sent Flamini back, to 'sweeten' the deal ;) ?

Anyway, this was reported by clubcall yesterday too.

Zico

Established Member
Send Flamini back? Marseille were arguing with us out of principle, not because they wanted Flamini back. Hell, they probably just gave him to us for free and then created this charade about compensation just so Flamini wouldn't realise they were offloading him. The kid stinks, like an elephant's fart.

Ribery, on the other hand, has potential. But we have enough solid projects going on at Arsenal right now (Lupoli, Sex, Djorou, Smith, Quincy, Eboue et al). Let's get some finished articles please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom