• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Franck Ribéry

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
Ribery is not like none of them players you named bar maybe Eboue, he's been playing in a decent league and is ready to make the step up to the first team, he's the perfect alternative/understudy to Ljungberg given our loss of Wright-Phillips to Chelsea.

RM_09

I saw France's Under-21 game. This kid is class. He ran past defenders for fun! Remind you of any players that we have? :D It's not that he doesn't have league experience either. He was voted France's player of the month by a looong way. The guy isn't even 21. He looks like someone to me who can fill in for Bob. Problem is though I think he's a right sided midfielder. I've been wondering for a long time where we're going to find a replacement for Ljungberg.. and maybe he's it. Or do I just have it wrong and he's actually a left midfielder? Either way, this kid is really somone who could do us good in the long and short run

RM_09

My apologies... he's already 22 yrs old. I don't think Marseille being Marseille are going to stop us from getting him. But the fact that he's a prodigy will get their backs up anyway. I think it's going to be really hard to land a player like him. If we could spend say 10M on the guy, would it be worth it? I think so...

gunner_down_under

if he's 22, how come he's playing for U-21's??...or maybe he was 21 when he was registered for the tournament??...he's kinda ugly for Arsenal dont you think (joke)

Denyson

YeahBee said:
Gilberto Silva isn't the best looking guy either, but I would say on a team average we re the best looking team in the world always something.

Damn right! So everyone stop complaining about Arsène not buying enough englishmen.

RM_09

gunner_down_under said:
if he's 22, how come he's playing for U-21's??...or maybe he was 21 when he was registered for the tournament??...he's kinda ugly for Arsenal dont you think (joke)

If the player is born after January 1st 1984, he is eligible to play in an Under-21 tournament. So in the case of World Cup qualifiers, he can be 23 by the time all the matches are over

sabret00the

Established Member
Denyson said:
YeahBee said:
Gilberto Silva isn't the best looking guy either, but I would say on a team average we re the best looking team in the world always something.

Damn right! So everyone stop complaining about Arsène not buying enough englishmen.
:lol: @ putting Ribery and Gilberto in the same bracket, the ugliest dude on our team is lauren according to women i speak to, closely followed by Flamini and both Keepers. anyway i'm sure we could sacrific aesthetic beauty just a little bit. besides the more i watch him the more i get used to his face.

sabret00the

Established Member
Equally inevitably, it seems that after watching England and France U-21s do battle at White Hart Lane last week, Martin Jol can no longer resist the temptation to snap up another youthful midfielder, so will make a £1m bid for Marseille's Franck Ribery.

that's from thursdays rumour mill.

brianfrance

Established Member
Comolli is fan of ribéry, he told the press before the 2 games vs england 'he's the guy england should take care of...'

A

Anonymous

Right winger.. then eh?

tbh.. I'd prefer a left winger.. there isn't really much going on with the pires side of midfield.

maradonad2g

ribery can play both wings he also is very much like freddie if youve watched him this season youll see how most of he's goals have came from inside the box he makes dangerous runs into sapce as well I think he would be a great buy for arsenal

Corny

I've only seen Ribery on the left fro France U21 and he looked an excellent prospect I must say. Just needs a Keown mask. :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Buhry said:
speaking of young, french wingers.. N'zogbia is class.
He is ok not great. I have not seen Ribery play but he looks like the main guy in RoadTrip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom