• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Franny Jeffers

KoLo28

I have rambled on about franny on the website and my general response was that he's rubbish. im a huge fan of him and i think he's what arsenal needs. an out and out striker who can support henry. i know he was stupid in the community shield, but when given a chance he provided the goods and thats wot matters. i know wenger didn't give him a go but when he did he scored, what more could he do. scored on his england debut and a dozen or so goals for u21s, averaged one goal every 3games at everton. i know he's injury prone, but dont you think that if given a go and a chance to gel with the team, he would do well?? Give me your responses, dont just lash out at him for certain reasons and look at the facts. thanks.

Andrew

He just isn't good enough, it's as simple as that. Yes, he's an out-and-out striker and if he was good he would come in handy. But he just doesn't have the finishing (and overall game) to be a great player. For the style of striker he is, he has to have excellent finishing, but he doesn't have it. He has always struggled to finish while he was at us and is now doing the same thing at Everton, where he missed a clear (and crucial) open header.

KoLo28

How could you say he struggled to finish while at Arsenal?? You mean when he came on for the last 5 minutes when we were already winning 3-0, and just playing possetion football... When he started, which was only a couple of times, he did finish well.

KoLo28

Henry missed many crucial chances in the fa cup final when we lost to liverpool, yet he is a hero... im not saying he shouldn't be but everyone misses chances.

sint6720

Agree with Andrew there ....
i think Jeffer is a little weak ..... pose no aerial threat , his passing game is not that special and he's not very fast....
He might be good for Everton (Walter Smith Bottom of table era)

but as u can see now he can't even break into the everton side ....

Don't have Radzinski's pace, K. Campbell's physical presence and Rooney confidence....

sint6720

and about Henry in FA cup final

Well ....Henry miss the chances that he himself created..... (if it not Henry those chances would not be created in the first place)

Jeffer miss the chances that his teamate created for him.....

Andrew

KoLo28 said:
How could you say he struggled to finish while at Arsenal?? You mean when he came on for the last 5 minutes when we were already winning 3-0, and just playing possetion football... When he started, which was only a couple of times, he did finish well.

He had a run in the first team last year and missed a tonne of chances. The Champions League matches he started in was a fine example of how poor his finishing was.

Jinn

Established Member
Hey don't worry mate. It was a fair post.

We might be seeing back anyway if Everton don't make a permanent move for him.

torgrim

But I wouldn't hesitate to cast him as Dumbo the flying elephant if Broadway ever decide to make a musical based on the cartoon.

patrick42uk

Established Member
you might question his finishing, but his goalscoring record for everton, even for arsenal is impressive. He has the natural gift to be at the right place at the right time but lacks everything else. whether that will be enough to see him return to arsenal to fight for his place is debatable.

Top Bottom