Freddie Ljungberg is at the wheel

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Hunta, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

City have been playing with midfields made up of two AMs and a DM for the last two seasons and have racked up 200 points. It’s less about the quality of the opposition and more about a manager having the balls to do it, and I’m glad we finally did.

Sacrificing a forward slot for Özil was killing our attack but playing without Özil was killing it too. That idiot Unai couldn’t realise that but at least Freddie has.

I won’t be mad if he drops Özil for the city game, Ofc there’s a time for pragmatism.

Ewarwoowar, celestis, ptrcopp and 5 others like this.
  2. clovis

clovis Active Member

And that makes him an elite player??

Did you miss the next 7 years where he was consistently levels below Pires, Henry and Bergkamp except for one little patch in 02?

3. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Just stop dude, you're not going to convince anyone with that nonsense and it's borderline off-topic.

4. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

I often say that if someone isn’t at least as good as Henry or Bergkamp they’re just a shot player...

TheEconomist and DanDare like this.
  5. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

His half time talks certainly seem to be effective.

6. roz

roz Well-Known Member

That was the 1st time since 2011 we have come from behind at half time to win a game.

Change.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Mark Tobias

I thought it had been a long while but was too tired to search last night.

8. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Get lost, troll.

9. Mark Tobias

Did Freddie bang your missus once he was finished with your mom or something?

10. Mark Tobias

If people can't tell this is a troll now then you need help. How many players were better than those 3... Ludicrous thinking.

GoonerJeeves and ptrcopp like this.
  11. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Crazy stat. One that I am all to happy to leave behind

Mark Tobias likes this.
  12. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

I gave up any dreams of becoming a professional footballer when I realised I would never be as good as those two names

ptrcopp likes this.
  13. Arsenal in Aus

Arsenal in Aus Active Member

Is that actually true? Or is it only away?

14. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Must be away because we were down at halftime against Sp**s at home last year

15. Kevin Keegan

Kevin Keegan New Member

Will have a good interim spell before the next man comes in.

16. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

I was to be honest not impressed by our performance against WHU and we were lost in 60 min of the game. The quicker we get a new manager the better.

17. Arsenal in Aus

Arsenal in Aus Active Member

I'm glad to get the win obviously, but the performance for 60mins was atrocious. In the end two major factors won us the game (in my view):

1. Players starting in their correct positions. Torreira at DM started the play for the first goal, Kolasinac moving down the wing (not positioned at LW to start with), Martinelli at LW moving inside. Same thing for the other goals. If the players were played out of position (as has been the case so much lately) those passages simply don't happen.

2. Individual skill. Key passes and then shots taken clinically by individuals with the skill rather than opportunities continually created by tactics and team play.

So we made the win by having two major basics in place (positions and technique). Next we have to have combinations and tactics to ensure we have a pattern of creating goals and defending attacks.

18. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Please change the title of this thread. The less we mimic the mancs the better.

As for FL. I’m happy he got his first win. He’s a pretty grounded and straight forward guy so far.

Joestlaachmkr likes this.
  19. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

I guess what's interesting is how we perform going forward.

Was this a blip against a side not in form or was it the start of something better?

It's easy to just say "it was West Ham" but "it was also Arsenal"...

Mo Britain and SingmeasongSong like this.
  20. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

You’re a broken record. Shut up. You’re jarring

Ewarwoowar and zilfy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.