• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Brudder... I love a false dawn as much as the next man, but.... it was West Ham. We probably could have got away with all sorts of foolish plans tonight :lol:
City have been playing with midfields made up of two AMs and a DM for the last two seasons and have racked up 200 points. It’s less about the quality of the opposition and more about a manager having the balls to do it, and I’m glad we finally did.

Sacrificing a forward slot for Özil was killing our attack but playing without Özil was killing it too. That idiot Unai couldn’t realise that but at least Freddie has.

I won’t be mad if he drops Özil for the city game, Ofc there’s a time for pragmatism.

clovis

Wasn't Freddie's first competitive game the one where he lifted the ball over Jaap Stam's head ran round him and scored?

And that makes him an elite player??

Did you miss the next 7 years where he was consistently levels below Pires, Henry and Bergkamp except for one little patch in 02?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And that makes him an elite player??

Did you miss the next 7 years where he was consistently levels below Pires, Henry and Bergkamp except for one little patch in 02?
Did Freddie bang your missus once he was finished with your mom or something?

Arsenal in Aus

I'm glad to get the win obviously, but the performance for 60mins was atrocious. In the end two major factors won us the game (in my view):

1. Players starting in their correct positions. Torreira at DM started the play for the first goal, Kolasinac moving down the wing (not positioned at LW to start with), Martinelli at LW moving inside. Same thing for the other goals. If the players were played out of position (as has been the case so much lately) those passages simply don't happen.

2. Individual skill. Key passes and then shots taken clinically by individuals with the skill rather than opportunities continually created by tactics and team play.

So we made the win by having two major basics in place (positions and technique). Next we have to have combinations and tactics to ensure we have a pattern of creating goals and defending attacks.

Kav

Established Member
Please change the title of this thread. The less we mimic the mancs the better.

As for FL. I’m happy he got his first win. He’s a pretty grounded and straight forward guy so far.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I guess what's interesting is how we perform going forward.

Was this a blip against a side not in form or was it the start of something better?

It's easy to just say "it was West Ham" but "it was also Arsenal"...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom