• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

TakeChillPill

Established Member
This whole he’s had one game attitude doesn’t sit right with me tbh. He’s been working with these players for the whole season and in my opinion an astute/good coach would’ve identified the strengths weaknesses of the players by now.

He made some glaring mistakes yesterday. Özil out wide in favour of placing Willock at 10, he’s worked with Willock at youth level hasn’t he? Surely he should’ve realised that his game is more suited playing from deep. Two slow poor recovery players in the midfield who more or less want to do the same thing. A elite level goal scorer shunted out wide (where he’s far less effective) to accommodate a slow back to goal fox in the box who has a dreadful goals record away from home. The defence I place no blame because they’re all dreadful. His subs came too late and Saka just looked like a rabbit in the head lights.

We definitely played more progressively in the opening stages and credit to him for that. Although, I said in another thread, I think the good start was down to Norwich being quite wary of us and as soon as the penalty had to be retaken the crowd were up, the game changed and Norwich upped their intensity. When teams do this we struggle, probably why we’ve surrendered so many leads this season.

Hopefully having the perspective of the head coach and watching the players as the main man opened his eyes to the deficiencies but the fact that he’s been around this squad for the whole season and that’s the team he went for raises major alarm bells for me and the fact it’s only been one game shouldn’t elevate him above any criticism.

Firstly Freddie has only been around the first team sqaud this season. Secondly I don't believe Freddie would've had much of a say, you're ultimately following the head coaches orders. Pires Who is also a coach at the club has come out with some criticism of Emery.

Thirdly he problably knows the deficencies, change can sometimes take time and other times be slow. In our case it's not simple, our team is grossly imbalanced and no clear starting 11 particularly in the CM partnership and Central Defence. Also pairings are disfunctional.

For the right changes to take place, players are going to have to be coached. For example I see Guendouzi as the saving grace in our midfield as he has all the attributes but lacks positional discipline, which can be coached. If he get's that discpline, I can see Him and Wilock as our CM pairing really working. But right now, as mentioned it's all imbalanced.

Any manager will have a big job on their hands, have to give freddie time. Again, first half was proof enough for me. In the first half we played through the press very well and this is what led to Norwich being more defensive and pinned back in their own half. We forced them to do it.

In the second half their goal gave them momentum, and i believe that Xhaka should've been off instead of Guendouzi since xhaka is unlable to beat the press, which led to greater pressure.

mpower2540

Firstly Freddie has only been around the first team sqaud this season. Secondly I don't believe Freddie would've had much of a say, you're ultimately following the head coaches orders. Pires Who is also a coach at the club has come out with some criticism of Emery.

Thirdly he problably knows the deficencies, change can sometimes take time and other times be slow. In our case it's not simple, our team is grossly imbalanced and no clear starting 11 particularly in the CM partnership and Central Defence. Also pairings are disfunctional.

For the right changes to take place, players are going to have to be coached. For example I see Guendouzi as the saving grace in our midfield as he has all the attributes but lacks positional discipline, which can be coached. If he get's that discpline, I can see Him and Wilock as our CM pairing really working. But right now, as mentioned it's all imbalanced.

Any manager will have a big job on their hands, have to give freddie time. Again, first half was proof enough for me. In the first half we played through the press very well and this is what led to Norwich being more defensive and pinned back in their own half. We forced them to do it.

In the second half their goal gave them momentum, and i believe that Xhaka should've been off instead of Guendouzi since xhaka is unlable to beat the press, which led to greater pressure.
Maybe I’m being too critical in saying he should’ve sussed our team out in the time he’s had with them and of course he’s entitled to a bit of trial and error. I also concede that he may think he can make Xhaka/Guendouzi or Willock and Guendouzi work as 2. He’s seen them in training and there may be positive signs that with better planning and coaching it could be something to go forward with. I myself have serious doubts, at least in the short term.

My expectations are high for Arsenal players/staff and I don’t see those expectations being matched by the club. I want Freddie to do well, but there are things that he could’ve done that, I feel, would’ve made the team more balanced and he didn’t. Again, he may rectify that over the coming games. We need to start being ruthless at this club with people who are failing to deliver.

Freddie has had one game and it would be hugely unfair and pathetic of me to draw an ultimate conclusion on his ability as a coach from one game however yesterday he got it wrong and believe he deserves criticism for it

I’m a pessimist by nature btw don’t know if anyone’s noticed........;)

Joestlaachmkr

Stop embarrassing yourself. Assistant managers haven't had experience as head coach, that's just bullsh*t. Did you know Freddie also has PL experience? And that he became coach on Wenger's suggestion. He has also unlike Arteta been Assistant manager earlier at Wolfsburg.
I`m not embarassing myself since i am stating facts. Most assitant managers at top clubs have vast experience as head coaches, Arteta (who is one of Pep`s 3 assistants at City) are pretty unique who had zero experience.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I`m not embarassing myself since i am stating facts. Most assitant managers at top clubs have vast experience as head coaches, Arteta (who is one of Pep`s 3 assistants at City) are pretty unique who had zero experience.
lol name a couple then If it's so easy.

Joestlaachmkr

lol name a couple then If it's so easy.
Steve McClaren, Carlos Queiroz, Zeljko Buvac, Pat Rice, Hans Flick, Peter Hermann and the guy who was assistant manager to Mourinho both at Real Madrid and at Chelsea (dont remember his name). These are just some examples.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Steve McClaren, Carlos Queiroz, Zeljko Buvac, Pat Rice, Hans Flick, Peter Hermann and the guy who was assistant manager to Mourinho both at Real Madrid and at Chelsea (dont remember his name). These are just some examples.
What? Both McClaren and Pat Rice had no prior experience as head coahes before becoming assistant managers at Arsenal and Man Utd. You just proved that you are full of ****! :rofl:

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

After checking out the rest of your list it turns out the majority of those named had no prior experience as head coach/manager before becoming assistant at any big club. :lol: You just undermined your own point and proved the opposite of your claim. :facepalm:

Joestlaachmkr

What? Both McClaren and Pat Rice had no prior experience as head coahes before becoming assistant managers at Arsenal and Man Utd. You just proved that you are full of ****! :rofl:
Pat Rice had been a youth team coach and scout at Arsenal for something like 15 years when he became our interim in 96 and later assistant to Wenger, and McClaren was for a short period of time interim manager at Derby before he became assistant to SAF at MU. So yes, both Rice and McClaren had experience has head coaches.

I`m not claiming that assistant managers needs to have experience as head coaches, but the assistants at all the big clubs usually have experience as head coach.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Pat Rice had been a youth team coach and scout at Arsenal for something like 15 years when he became our interim in 96 and later assistant to Wenger, and McClaren was for a short period of time interim manager at Derby before he became assistant to SAF at MU. So yes, both Rice and McClaren had experience has head coaches.

I`m not claiming that assistant managers needs to have experience as head coaches, but the assistants at all the big clubs usually have experience as head coach.
Interim doesn't count, neither does youth team coaching. Claiming that as head coach experience is just laughable attempt at salvaging you making a fool out of yourself. :lol: Guess what? Freddie was also youth coach before becoming assistant manager, why doesn't that count?

Joestlaachmkr

Interim doesn't count, neither does youth team coaching. Claiming that as head coach experience is just laughable attempt at salvaging you making a fool out of yourself. :lol: Guess what? Freddie was also youth coach before becoming assistant manager, why doesn't that count?
Ah, ok. It doesn`t count being head coach if you have been interim. I`m having a good laugh by your comments on this matter, and i dont think there are many who agrees that it`s me who is making a fool of himself here.

I have - as far as i know never claimed that Freddie`s youth team coaching doesn`t count.

But the thing, is the fact that a mojority of assistant managers of all the top clubs have experience as head coaches.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Freddie getting a PL managerial job before Arteta? Yikes.

Probably waiting to take over when Pep leaves

Pep is the American Idol of managers btw

Maybe brilliant but hasnt worked himself up from the trenches

Truly great coaches does more with less
Pep does great with alot

Reactions: A_G

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Ah, ok. It doesn`t count being head coach if you have been interim. I`m having a good laugh by your comments on this matter, and i dont think there are many who agrees that it`s me who is making a fool of himself here.

I have - as far as i know never claimed that Freddie`s youth team coaching doesn`t count.

But the thing, is the fact that a mojority of assistant managers of all the top clubs have experience as head coaches.
Dude you just disproved that yourself... The majority of people you listed literally had NO head coach experience and no interim doesn't count since it's a very short time until the next manager appointed. Like come on now... take my advice and stop coming up with claims that has zero backing like that, have some dignity ffs.

Joestlaachmkr

Dude you just disproved that yourself... The majority of people you listed literally had NO head coach experience and no interim doesn't count since it's a very short time until the next manager appointed. Like come on now... take my advice and stop coming up with claims that has zero backing like that, have some dignity ffs.
Bazze,

Why are so upset and make such a big number of this? and which coach that i listed is there which had zero experience as a head coach before becoming assistant manager? i`m curious.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Bazze,

Why are so upset and make such a big number of this? and which coach that i listed is there which had zero experience as a head coach before becoming assistant manager? i`m curious.
Because you are so obviously making sh*t up just to have an excuse to sh*t on Freddie.

Steve McClaren, Pat Rice, Peter Hermann and Aitor Karanka all had zero experience as head coaches before becoming assistant manager at big clubs. Also I just checked the assistant managers currently in the Premier League and a majority of them had no experience as head coach before becoming assistant managers so your claim that this never happens is laughable.

Top Bottom