• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Joestlaachmkr

Because you are so obviously making sh*t up just to have an excuse to sh*t on Freddie.

Steve McClaren, Pat Rice, Peter Hermann and Aitor Karanka all had zero experience as head coaches before becoming assistant manager at big clubs. Also I just checked the assistant managers currently in the Premier League and a majority of them had no experience as head coach before becoming assistant managers so your claim that this never happens is laughable.
McClaren was interim manager at Derby, Rice was interim at our club until Wenger arrived, Karanka was 1 of 2 assistants coaches that Mourinho had at Madrid but it was a portuguese coach who had been head coach in Portugal prior to becoming JMs assistant at Madrid and later at Chelsea. You are right about Hermann, i thought he also had experience as head coach before becoming assistant. Again, i have never claimed that all of the assistant managers in the PL have experience as head coaches but the large majority of assistants at the top clubs in England, Spain, Italiy or Germany has either been head coaches themselves or have long experience as an assistant. Where have i claimed that it never occours that inexperienced coaches becomes assistant managers? but Arteta are quite unique in becoming assistant manager for a top club without any coaching experience at all.

But dont you realize how ridiculous this discussion is?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

McClaren was interim manager at Derby, Rice was interim at our club until Wenger arrived, Karanka was 1 of 2 assistants coaches that Mourinho had at Madrid but it was a portuguese coach who had been head coach in Portugal prior to becoming JMs assistant at Madrid and later at Chelsea. You are right about Hermann, i thought he also had experience as head coach before becoming assistant. Again, i have never claimed that all of the assistant managers in the PL have experience as head coaches but the large majority of assistants at the top clubs in England, Spain, Italiy or Germany has either been head coaches themselves or have long experience as an assistant. Where have i claimed that it never occours that inexperienced coaches becomes assistant managers? but Arteta are quite unique in becoming assistant manager for a top club without any coaching experience at all.

But dont you realize how ridiculous this discussion is?
McClaren was assistant manager at Derby County before going to Manu so that is wrong. Again interim doesn't count but even if it did Pat Rice was assistant at Arsenal before becoming interim so again you are wrong regardless.

It's ridicolous because you are making dumb claims that can be disproven easily and making up arbritary sh*tty criteria for assistant managers with no basis in reality.

Joestlaachmkr

McClaren was assistant manager at Derby County before going to Manu so that is wrong. Again interim doesn't count but even if it did Pat Rice was assistant at Arsenal before becoming interim so again you are wrong regardless.

It's ridicolous because you are making dumb claims that can be disproven easily and making up arbritary sh*tty criteria for assistant managers with no basis in reality.
McClaren was assistant at Derby but he was also their head coach for a and then he left Derby to become one of SAFs assistants at MU. Rice was a youth team coach and scout for Arsenal for several years before he became our interim in 96 but Pat had not been our assistant manager before he became assistant to Wenger, and Rice had done excellent work for our youth teams for 10+ years and his youth coaching carreer is very similar to the work that Brendan Rodgers did at Chelsea, also Pat said no to a offer to become the manager of Sheffield Wednesday in 1998/99?
Fact is, most assistant managers at top clubs around Europe either have long experience as an assistant or have been head coaches before taking the 2 role. Your claims are just out of this world.

I love Freddie and i support him 100%, but i dont think he is ready for the task to be Arsenal boss, and this is possibly the worst time for a inexperienced trainer to become our manager. I dont want Freddie to beccome our Ole, legendary players but unqualified managers. We def needs an experienced manager right now.

Last edited:

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

McClaren was assistant at Derby but he was also their head coach for a and then he left Derby to become one of SAFs assistants at MU. Rice was a youth team coach and scout for Arsenal for several years before he became our interim in 96 but Pat had not been our assistant manager before he became assistant to Wenger, and Rice had done excellent work for our youth teams for 10+ years and his youth coaching carreer is very similar to the work that Brendan Rodgers did at Chelsea, also Pat said no to a offer to become the manager of Sheffield Wednesday in 1998/99?
Fact is, most assistant managers at top clubs around Europe either have long experience as an assistant or have been head coaches before taking the 2 role. Your claims are just out of this world.

I love Freddie and i support him 100%, but i dont think he is ready for the task to be Arsenal boss, and this is possibly the worst time for a unexperienced trainer to become our manager. I dont want Freddie to beccome our Ole, legendary players but unqualified managers. We def needs an experienced manager right now.
This is coming from someone who claims Assistant managers at top clubs who haven't been head coaches are unheard of. :lol: You are just moving the goalposts now with counting in youth coach and interim experience (Which Freddie also has so that argument doesn't work regardless) and Pat Rice was interim for 3 games so what you are saying is that Freddie is as credible in that role after just 2 more game? :rolleyes: If you want to keep hating on Freddie at least don't make up sh*tty excuses that can be objectively disproven. :facepalm:

Joestlaachmkr

This is coming from someone who claims Assistant managers at top clubs who haven't been head coaches are unheard of. :lol: You are just moving the goalposts now with counting in youth coach and interim experience (Which Freddie also has so that argument doesn't work regardless) and Pat Rice was interim for 3 games so what you are saying is that Freddie is as credible in that role after just 2 more game? :rolleyes: If you want to keep hating on Freddie at least don't make up sh*tty excuses that can be objectively disproven. :facepalm:
I dont know whether you can read or not but i have certainly not claimed that all of the assistants at the different top clubs in Europe has been head coaches, what i`m trying to tell you is that the assistant managers at the biggest clubs usually has experience as a head coach or has been assistant manager for a long time, the example of Arteta is very, very rare for a top club. Klopp has been working with Buljac as his assistant since his time at Mainz and Rodgers has had Chris Davies as his 2 man since 2009.

Generally speaking, i think it`s time for you to grow up unless you are 16 years old.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I dont know whether you can read or not but i have certainly not claimed that all of the assistants at the different top clubs in Europe has been head coaches, what i`m trying to tell you is that the assistant managers at the biggest clubs usually has experience as a head coach or has been assistant manager for a long time, the example of Arteta is very, very rare for a top club. Klopp has been working with Buljac as his assistant since his time at Mainz and Rodgers has had Chris Davies as his 2 man since 2009.

I dont like your username.

clovis

He is another Ole. Needs to be ousted quickly.

If we want an unproven manager then Arteta is our man.

Joestlaachmkr

I was not impressed by Freddie`s tactical skills after the game against Norwich, but it`s far too early to write him off already we need to give him at least 2-3 games (if he stays that long) before we can make any conclusions. But please, dont compare Ljungberg to the Hobbit in Manchester.

clovis

I was not impressed by Freddie`s tactical skills after the game against Norwich, but it`s far too early to write him off already we need to give him at least 2-3 games (if he stays that long) before we can make any conclusions. But please, dont compare Ljungberg to the Hobbit in Manchester.

why not?

Vanpayslip

Ole is not comparable to Freddie or any other rookie manager. Ole is their moment of self realisation. They have been through three experienced managers since SAF and they got nowhere. Now they are dismantling the team bit by bit under a manager that is palatable to the fan base.
From all the Manchester United supporters I know, they are not happy but understand what the club is doing at the moment as it is untangling what three managers have done before without success and accept a familiar face in the dugout is helpful. That is not the same as Freddie as the club seem to be actively looking for another manager to carry on exactly where Emery left off - i.e., use this squad for CL qualification.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Most assistant managers for top clubs had experience as head coach.

There is a slight difference between being a youth coach and manager.

I think you should find a new hobby.
I`m not claiming that assistant managers needs to have experience as head coaches, but the assistants at all the big clubs usually have experience as head coach.
:facepalm::rolleyes:
No dude, you need a new hobby. The ones you named were proved by @BaZZe to have had zero experience. Wow. Never seen so much contradiction in here all at once from one fool.

View the troll for what it is forum. No more food for this fat troll.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Ole is not comparable to Freddie or any other rookie manager. Ole is their moment of self realisation. They have been through three experienced managers since SAF and they got nowhere. Now they are dismantling the team bit by bit under a manager that is palatable to the fan base.
From all the Manchester United supporters I know, they are not happy but understand what the club is doing at the moment as it is untangling what three managers have done before without success and accept a familiar face in the dugout is helpful. That is not the same as Freddie as the club seem to be actively looking for another manager to carry on exactly where Emery left off - i.e., use this squad for CL qualification.

Any upcoming manager that wants us to succeed will need to make us go through our moment of self realisation and dismantle the team bit by bit. Cause ATM our fans are deluded and naive if they think all you need to do to solve our problems is to play Pepe and Torreira. This is our worst squad in decades yet fans are delusional enough to think we have made progress in improving our squad.

clovis

Freddie like Ole was not a leader. In my opinion, you cannot be a top manager if you don’t show leadership skills. That is why I highly doubt that Freddie has the capacity to become a world class manager.

I think he is ok for an interim role but we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we consider himself for a permanent role.

clovis

All this Arsenal legend stuff is tiresome too. The only reason Freddie became an Arsenal legend was because Wenger refused to sign a better player than him for the RM position.

he was the weakest player among the invincibles, and nowhere near the other three attacking players (Henry, Bergkamp, Pires) in terms of talent, skill and performance.

I believe if we had a player of their caliber on the right instead of Freddie, we could have won the champions league.

Freddie owes us everything because we perhaps allowed him to play in a team that he didn’t deserve to play for, but we don’t owe him anything.

we must not be sentimental in choosing Emery’s successor. If we want an invincible member at the job then the only one worth considering is Vieira.

clovis

^ but the thing with Vieira is that he never had any love or loyalty for the club. Someone like Arteta probably cares about Arsenal more than him in spite of their vastly different careers at the club.

zilfy

Freddie like Ole was not a leader. In my opinion, you cannot be a top manager if you don’t show leadership skills. That is why I highly doubt that Freddie has the capacity to become a world class manager.

I think he is ok for an interim role but we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we consider himself for a permanent role.
Are you and joelmaarkkftdhsheixnsr the same person? That guy has warned us of Freddie getting made permanent about 40 times in the last two days. He just started ffs.

I imagine you're about to do the same thing. Am I wrong?

scytheavatar

Established Member
All this Arsenal legend stuff is tiresome too. The only reason Freddie became an Arsenal legend was because Wenger refused to sign a better player than him for the RM position.

he was the weakest player among the invincibles, and nowhere near the other three attacking players (Henry, Bergkamp, Pires) in terms of talent, skill and performance.

I believe if we had a player of their caliber on the right instead of Freddie, we could have won the champions league.

Freddie owes us everything because we perhaps allowed him to play in a team that he didn’t deserve to play for, but we don’t owe him anything.

we must not be sentimental in choosing Emery’s successor. If we want an invincible member at the job then the only one worth considering is Vieira.

Ljungberg was the hardest worker of the Invincibles and his presence was what that enabled Henry, Bergkamp and Pires to shine........ you don't win matches with the best players, you win them with the best team. And all the attacking players need to be supported by water carriers who can defend and work hard for 90 minutes. The fact that we have forgotten about this is precisely why we are in our current deep s***.

Top Bottom