• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Manberg

Predator
All this Arsenal legend stuff is tiresome too. The only reason Freddie became an Arsenal legend was because Wenger refused to sign a better player than him for the RM position.

he was the weakest player among the invincibles, and nowhere near the other three attacking players (Henry, Bergkamp, Pires) in terms of talent, skill and performance.

I believe if we had a player of their caliber on the right instead of Freddie, we could have won the champions league.

Freddie owes us everything because we perhaps allowed him to play in a team that he didn’t deserve to play for, but we don’t owe him anything.

we must not be sentimental in choosing Emery’s successor. If we want an invincible member at the job then the only one worth considering is Vieira.

What absolute nonsense. Freddie was up there amongst our best players. He was premier league player of the season when we won the league in 2002.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly can't believe people are turning on Freddie already, less than one week in.

Our fan base doesn't deserve much.
The only reason I don't want his head is because he was wearing Valentino's on the touchline. We rate that drip highly where I'm from.

That starting lineup was atrocious, Emery has broken me, if I'm not impressed from day one I want them gone!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The only reason I don't want his head is because he was wearing Valentino's on the touchline. We rate that drip highly where I'm from.

That starting lineup was atrocious, Emery has broken me, if I'm not impressed from day one I want them gone!

:lol::lol::lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is great stuff. This is our DNA, quick passing with plenty of movement to break down the oppositions. Impossible to deal with. It's actually unbelievable that we went with a manager in Emery who goes against our philosophy so much. Freddie wants us to play and act like the big club we are.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

This is great stuff. This is our DNA, quick passing with plenty of movement to break down the oppositions. Impossible to deal with. It's actually unbelievable that we went with a manager in Emery who goes against our philosophy so much. Freddie wants us to play and act like the big club we are.

Freddie remembers :drool:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Still, Allegri is apparantly the one we want...

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The difference in the pace of play in training is massive compared to previous clips under Emery.

Simple things like receiving it on the half turn, in the pockets of space. Clearly closing down after they lose it. It looks good in the session because of the personnel. Would look very different with Xhaka and Lacazette involved.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Wanking to this.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Still think that pragmatism wasn't the major problem with Emery, but the fact that he never had a stong foundation laid on which he could tinker while still maintaining an overarching gameplan that the players would intrinsically know.

This got compounded when Emery couldn't communicate properly and - more importantly - in a simple manner what he wanted from the team and from individuals.

That Legends video shows, even though it's been a good while, some of the combinations were still there because they were laid on a solid foundation.

Whoever takes over needs to do that first and foremost and it's what I believe most people (myself included) meant when we mention that Emery never had a clear style of play.

I don't care if it's defensive or offensive minded, as long as it's well clear and well executed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom