• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

97qd40qcho241.png

Scholes in shambles atm.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is great stuff. This is our DNA, quick passing with plenty of movement to break down the oppositions. Impossible to deal with. It's actually unbelievable that we went with a manager in Emery who goes against our philosophy so much. Freddie wants us to play and act like the big club we are.
Refuse to get blagged again, I am a broken man. Remember Bumnai's ****ing presentations on every single player we have. What a bastard.

The name Freddie Bumberg is ready to be deployed, I pray I don't have to use it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

This is great stuff. This is our DNA, quick passing with plenty of movement to break down the oppositions. Impossible to deal with. It's actually unbelievable that we went with a manager in Emery who goes against our philosophy so much. Freddie wants us to play and act like the big club we are.

Pray for Ljungberg to have a golden evening today, making him the head coach for this season.

The board won't get me a much more likable guy in and I think he'll do great with time.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If anything we need to be patient with Freddie, or any other manager that comes in mid-season.

Even someone like Mourinho, who you'd think should be able to organise a defence, is struggling to sure up the defence. Not to mention Spuds probably have better defenders than us too.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The main thing I saw in the game is that we let them get into situations where it was just a sprint. It was not about football or technical stuff, they just went in a competitive sprint with our player.

We want to stop that, so that’s something we will focus on.

That's what Freddie said about last week's goals they scored against us.

tbf, I don't see how we can fix it with the players we have. We just have a lack of athleticism & we can't match the intensity of our opponent.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

tbf, I don't see how we can fix it with the players we have. We just have a lack of athleticism & we can't match the intensity of our opponent.
'Just a sprint' is a bit of a worry. I'm hoping he addressed the two CB's and tore strips off them for the way they dealt with Pukki for the first goal. The way they both stood off , didn't communicate and then let him get it on to his right foot was the worst defending I've seen since Luiz's infamous offside trap madness.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If anything we need to be patient with Freddie, or any other manager that comes in mid-season.

Even someone like Mourinho, who you'd think should be able to organise a defence, is struggling to sure up the defence. Not to mention Spuds probably have better defenders than us too.

Things are so bad I doubt any manager can do anything more than maybe getting us attacking again freely.

No chance any manager can come in and fix this defence, this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You stop it from being just a sprint and then as a failsafe have the athletic players to compete when it does become a sprint.

How do you stop it from being a sprint? One way is to tactically foul as soon as possession is lost, Man City are experts at this.

They disguise it as a player just eager to win possession back and it happens so early in the move that it doesn't look cynical at all. We're that type of team that would get away with that as well, nobody would think the likes of Auba and Özil are fouling cynically, it would just look like a player who can't tackle trying to win the ball back.

In addition to that the team needs to set a 'trap' while also keeping possession of the ball. This is really difficult but both City and Pool do this really well. If they lose the ball and can't foul you immediately you still have to find a really good pass to break through their lines because they've gradually surrounded the ball whilst in possession. Remember how we couldn't get out against Liverpool at Anfield? Perfect example.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You stop it from being just a sprint and then as a failsafe have the athletic players to compete when it does become a sprint.

How do you stop it from being a sprint? One way is to tactically foul as soon as possession is lost, Man City are experts at this.

They disguise it as a player just eager to win possession back and it happens so early in the move that it doesn't look cynical at all. We're that type of team that would get away with that as well, nobody would think the likes of Auba and Özil are fouling cynically, it would just look like a player who can't tackle trying to win the ball back.

In addition to that the team needs to set a 'trap' while also keeping possession of the ball. This is really difficult but both City and Pool do this really well. If they lose the ball and can't foul you immediately you still have to find a really good pass to break through their lines because they've gradually surrounded the ball whilst in possession. Remember how we couldn't get out against Liverpool at Anfield? Perfect example.
Top post man.

Top Bottom