• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

TornadoTed

Established Member
Really excited about this move, I love Bouldy but he was Arsène's man and very much part of the old regime. It will be good to have a new man with fresh ideas and a strong link to our best generation of youth players in years heavily involved in the first team.

FluffyDoozi

We as a fanbase sure do love to hype up backroom changes more than anyone. From Bould, Lehman, Shad, Bimbo, the fitness, finance guys etc. Don't think they change much in the grand scheme of things.

Ultimately it's up to the manager. If he doesn't think that say Osei-Tutu isn't up to scratch then he'll not play regardless of what Freddie says. With this possibly being Emery's final year, the chances of academy kids featuring are even slimmer.

Anyone else think that Bould could have suggested this change. This season it felt like he was more like a guy who just places the training cones as opposed to Juan Carlos. Maybe as the academy boss he'll feel he can breathe easy and have autonomy as he pleases. Going from a respectable legend like Wenger to a younger guy like Unai, with little input, must be difficult for him.

FluffyDoozi

Go read up on Unai's time at Sevilla. Or even Pep's use of Arteta. A good manager will always pay attention to his backroom staff. It may be 'hyped up on here but you are downplaying it big time.
Virtually most of Emery's trusted backroom has been with him from the days Almeria. He goes with them from club to club. He strikes me as a guy who has a set of loyal people he trusts. That's why he likes guys he has coached, the Muniers, Banegas.

After this year we can terminate his contract with no compensation and he'll have a lot more pressure this season. The idea that he'll be playing more kids is a bit fanciful unless Raul has assured him of more time.

Agree that Arteta is very highly rated but there's a reason why all these managers move with their staff from club to club and listen to them more. They share similar philosophies, tactics, sometimes nationality. Most don't really listen as much to the newer coaches as compared to their lieutenants.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough. One. Have there been anyone except him that was exciting though?
The only two from the academy since Jack that have been a success are Bellerin and Iwobi, also Gnabry but not sure you can call him a success here. We’ve arguably been worse since Bould left the youth setup. Though since we brought in that Dutch coach (he left a few years ago) we seem to be on the right track again and should see more youth coming through.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The only two from the academy since Jack that have been a success are Bellerin and Iwobi, also Gnabry but not sure you can call him a success here. We’ve arguably been worse since Bould left the youth setup. Though since we brought in that Dutch coach (he left a few years ago) we seem to be on the right track again and should see more youth coming through.
Not sure id call them our youth product, but sure both good youngsters id agree

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The main difference to me was attitude. Prime example being JET - a player who literally could have been world class but simply didn't try hard enough and ended up not making an impact anywhere. Same with Chuks Aneke who came a bit later - superb technician, brilliant with the ball at his feet but seemingly took the game too easy. They were extremely talented. There were a few players in that U18 team who could have been PL talents.

I don't see the newer crop failing in the same way. They have similar talent levels but they seem more determined, more likely to make an impact at a higher level. The key will be opportunity. I have all the faith that they can make the opportunities count if they are given significant trust. This is part of the newer crop that has benefited from the change in progression in our set-up - Jonker, Lucassen and others being involved in their development in many different areas, and now Per saying all the right things about their personal development. I think there is a lot more talent to come out of our academy in the future, starting with this set of graduates, and there are a few gems in the current intake of scholars too.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
might actually see him in sweden this summer, my big brother is acquainted through his old high school - blimey.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom