Freddie Ljungberg Joins First Team Coaches

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by THunter, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Who?

2. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

3. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

THunter likes this.
  4. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Lovely stuff, it really is.

5. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

from Amy Lawrence's article:
    'There is a bigger picture here that also relates to Ajax. The involvement of former players in senior positions, to keep pressing club values and spirit, has been so effective. Giving Ljungberg more rope, keeping Bould’s association intact, having Robert Pires around especially helping to take drills with players on the way back from injury, and with Edu expected to return as technical director imminently, Arsenal are trying to revive some passion for the cause. Perhaps there could be more to come on that front.'

sounds like she has heard something

'

krackpot likes this.
  6. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Kallstrom to be new Vic Akers?

7. THunter

Gilberto please.

Need my favourite invincible back.

Jury and Mark Tobias like this.
  8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Pizza Boy

My favorite invincible was . :)

THunter likes this.
  9. Arsefan7

Arsefan7 New Member

We need some youth products to step up, the only way that’s happening is with the manager providing trust and opportunities. When playing bottom 5 clubs why not blood 1/2 youth’s in the line up. I remember watching Bellerin’s first game against Dortmund? He was terrible but look at him now.

MutableEarth and #254 like this.
  10. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

and more emphasis please on what they do right rather than their mistakes

MutableEarth likes this.
  11. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Vic Akers is irreplacable. Won the most trophies at the club. There is only one Vic Akers.

Batman and Mark Tobias like this.
  12. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

So looks like getting involved with the first team was his own idea. Man saw how **** we were last year and decided he needs to prepare the house before he moves in.

NieThePiet, Batman, Aevi and 10 others like this.
  13. THunter

Freddie living in 3019 and we’re stuck here in 2019.

100% pure bald sauce.

14. Crocrodile

Crocrodile Well-Known Member

Hitman mentality.

THunter likes this.
  15. hydrofluoric acid

Gotta respect Emery for bringing in ex player. Specially from the Invincibles...

Always felt like Wenger could have done more maybe in that regard. I think over the years it was not just Wenger that stagnated but also his very comfortable staff.

16. hydrofluoric acid

Ljungberg showing ambition and desire to improve! He could become a good manager in the future!

17. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

Looks like a good move to promote Freddie, Emery has said that Freddie has helped to bring some of the youth players to his attention.

18. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Bould has been hiding behind Wenger for years hoping no one would notice he has no value. Thank God Freddie has his eyes open! I can see Bould being shifted out next summer.

19. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Sounds absolutely crazy if what Emery said is true.

Did our first team coach really not know about the (most talented) youngsters in the academy for 1 full year, just because he didn't have an ex-academy coach in his team? He could have sat down once a month for half an hour with Ljungberg without the promotion.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

Well he said this about Robbie Burton and thats absolutely fine as Burton did not feature for the U23's as well. So lets not make a big deal about it.

I'm more intrigued and happy that Unai is taking suggestions from his coaching staff and not acting like a dick.