• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Give Emery 1 more year, if he doesn't finish in the CL again then you'd think he'll go, pretty sure it was only a 2yr contract anyway wasn't it? Depending on Ljungbergs season with the 1st team aswell he may be given a go at the role as the head manager. It seems like he is good with the youth so if we are targeting all young players for transfers & just re-building for the future, it would be interesting to see him in a number of years.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Today's the day Freddie signed. Just watched a video from Arsenal Media in which he recaps some brilliant and sad moments with the club.

You can see the winning mentality in the guy and the bitterness and emotion when he talks about the UCL final.

Talking about having that feeling of power when you're surrounded by players like Hebry and Bergkamp and playing nautral game... Also the way he talks about the Invincibles not pushing for even more makes me think he may be a natural for a modern manager job.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Give Emery 1 more year, if he doesn't finish in the CL again then you'd think he'll go, pretty sure it was only a 2yr contract anyway wasn't it? Depending on Ljungbergs season with the 1st team aswell he may be given a go at the role as the head manager. It seems like he is good with the youth so if we are targeting all young players for transfers & just re-building for the future, it would be interesting to see him in a number of years.

I dont get this "one more year"

We are slightly better organized then AWs last 3-5 years but still not enough

Our most expensive player is not performing

The same No accountability like with AW

Havent seen any brilliant football nor a newfound grit.

What signs have you seen that warrants Emery be given more time?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I dont get this "one more year"

We are slightly better organized then AWs last 3-5 years but still not enough

The same No accountability like with AW

Havent seen any brilliant football nor a newfound grit.

What signs have you seen that warrants Emery be given more time?

There was a post in I think the Emery thread that explains it perfectly. About how Klopp and Guardiola were **** at first but you've got to give them time to do their thing. They are only managers, not magicians. Unless he fails massively, which would be not getting CL this year in my book, he deserves to build.

I'm not saying Emery is as good as Klopp or Pep but you can't seriously want to get rid of someone after two years because "you see no accountability."

And if we fire him. Who then? And how long? Allegri? Until we find out he's no magician either and had an amazing squad at Juventus and can't do that at Arsenal with this team.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Wouldn't go near Allegri. He's another with no defined style of play. Plus, the Italian league is pure lols. Plus plus, he would have a shocking set of defenders to work with here.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
There was a post in I think the Emery thread that explains it perfectly. About how Klopp and Guardiola were **** at first but you've got to give them time to do their thing. They are only managers, not magicians. Unless he fails massively, which would be not getting CL this year in my book, he deserves to build.

I'm not saying Emery is as good as Klopp or Pep but you can't seriously want to get rid of someone after two years because "you see no accountability."

And if we fire him. Who then? And how long? Allegri? Until we find out he's no magician either and had an amazing squad at Juventus and can't do that at Arsenal with this team.

With Klopp and Pep you atleast saw what they were aiming towards

I see a bland identity when I see Emerys tactics

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:rofl: You're going way overboard with that one. Dennis Bergkamp didn't score for his first seven games, and don't get me started on Henry... Nobody used that as a stick to beat Rioch or Wenger with. You're trying too hard. Besides, Pepe is doing just fine without actually scoring.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
:rofl: You're going way overboard with that one. Dennis Bergkamp didn't score for his first seven games, and don't get me started on Henry... Nobody used that as a stick to beat Rioch or Wenger with. You're trying too hard. Besides, Pepe is doing just fine without actually scoring.

Oh Im on the Pepe bandwagon

I was alluding to Özil!

Pepes blue pill

Get emery out and just give it to freddie until the end of the season, he will at the very leasy teach these players what it means to play for Arsenal and he learnt under wenger so the football would be easy on the eye as well

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Get emery out and just give it to freddie until the end of the season, he will at the very leasy teach these players what it means to play for Arsenal and he learnt under wenger so the football would be easy on the eye as well

How do you even explain what it means to play for Arsenal though?

Players want an actual manager who can win games rather than Harry Redknapp “run around and show some pashun” style platitudes.

Pepes blue pill

How do you even explain what it means to play for Arsenal though?

Players want an actual manager who can win games rather than Harry Redknapp “run around and show some pashun” style platitudes.

lol I imagine players loved playing under harry even if he was a dickhead :lol::lol: the **** players didnt seem to have a problem

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

lol I imagine players loved playing under harry even if he was a dickhead :lol::lol: the **** players didnt seem to have a problem

Except for the fact they didn’t win anything and Modric constantly agitated for a move. Even then he was still a vastly experienced manager.

Freddie has done f*ck all so far and shouldn’t just be given the job because he used to play for us and has done a bit of academy coaching.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

Except for the fact they didn’t win anything and Modric constantly agitated for a move. Even then he was still a vastly experienced manager.

Freddie has done f*ck all so far and shouldn’t just be given the job because he used to play for us and has done a hotbed of academy coaching.

Read my post above....I would put alot of money on freddie making us look better than emery has as well, experience or no experince

Also do you realise how bad you using harry as an example is, emerys biggest problem is likely to be the fact he speaks terrible english and is horrible to listen to, anyone who can motivate would do a better job than emery

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Freddie is ambitious enough to make an impact if he's ever given the role, but it's such a vast unknown that I'm unsure if it is a good idea to give him such a berth at this time.

I mean, I'm partial to some f*ckery as all will know, so it would excite me regardless, and I'd be behind the move. Speaking objectively however, it's a very risky move. Lampard at least paid some dues by doing a season in the Championship. Freddie has only managed in PL2 so far.

He does appear to favor a slightly more attacking variant of Emery's alleged 'high energy' style of football, and there's much more emphasis on attacking movement - something Ljungberg was especially good at as a player. Having also done lots of work with some of our most talented youngsters, he knows the strengths (and weaknesses) of the players also. There are definite advantages to going this route. But will it translate to senior level games?

Latest posts

Top Bottom