• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That whole piece is very, very promising.

Looks like there’s a clear pathway now, just need a coach in place who’ll give these lads a chance rather than playing players who have no future here.
i think it's still not in emrey hand it's difficult to go full young team we'll get absolutely crushed in PL and it could affect these players in future emery wish to get rid of Özil Mkhi and Mustafi etc.. and bring a new players that can play better and preform better i hope we mix between youngsters and experience.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still the advanced talks with Alexis and Saliba shows where are we heading i'm ok to go Dortmund route in short period even tho it will lead us to lose some of their youngsters if they highly preform.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is music to my ears.

The type of strategy we have needed for the last couple of years. I believe the development of a number of players were disrupted due to the increasing focus (understandably) on results and relying on experience, a factor I still believe to be relatively overrated in truth. That there's now a transitional policy in place to bring some of these underrated and excellent talents forward into the first team is exactly what we need going into the future. It won't just benefit the likes of those close to first team contention (Nelson, ESR, Willock, Nketiah, Saka, Amaechi) but it will be invaluable for the ones coming up behind them from the U18 PL South-winning team (likes of Greenwood, Coyle, Smith, McGuinness, Balogun, Azeez, Musah) and the successful U16s too (Musah, Patino etc). This will also be a good opportunity for Ljungberg to single out unheralded performers like Danny Ballard, who's been impressive for the U23s. The increasing focus on their development into first team players will also enable us to sell some of them for good value if we have a surplus, as they will have had opportunities to prove themselves to be worthwhile assets - whether at the club or to sell.

Ljungberg's work with the U23s, as said on the previous page, has been impressive and I'm happy with the way they have restructured things. It perhaps gives Bould more purpose too, given his role in our previous generation of talents who could have achieved way more than they did. Ben Knapper will also be of increasing importance as we will need to make sure our loans are smart and beneficial to all parties.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That whole piece is very, very promising.

Looks like there’s a clear pathway now, just need a coach in place who’ll give these lads a chance rather than playing players who have no future here.

I'm hoping we go to a model where we have say 13-14 first team quality players and back ups who are extremely talented youth products who are ready to step up to have limited exposure to first team footy.

We need to GTFA from the likes of El Neny, Lichsteiner etc...i.e. the journeymen who take up squad places and high wages (relative to output / potential).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm hoping we go to a model where we have say 13-14 first team quality players and back ups who are extremely talented youth products who are ready to step up to have limited exposure to first team footy.

We need to GTFA from the likes of El Neny, Lichsteiner etc...i.e. the journeymen who take up squad places and high wages (relative to output / potential).
That's the dream. A good, solid first team core with young, hungry back-ups looking to make a name for themselves.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great news, I think Freddie has a great managerial future. Not sure why Bould has gone the other way though, I’m not a fan.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
So is that a lateral move or a demotion for Bouldy?
Anyway delighted about this move. Might just get me interested in the new season if we can the likes of Nelson, ESR, Nketiah and Saka on a regular basis.

dbig

So is that a lateral move or a demotion for Bouldy?
Anyway delighted about this move. Might just get me interested in the new season if we can the likes of Nelson, ESR, Nketiah and Saka on a regular basis.
Wasn't Bouldy promoted after doing really well with the U18s?

That's why I'm not sure how big an impact Freddie will have. He'll probably have limited influence until he replaces Emery in winter.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasn't Bouldy promoted after doing really well with the U18s?

That's why I'm not sure how big an impact Freddie will have. He'll probably have limited influence until he replaces Emery in winter.

Bould was promoted under Wenger. This is different

Latest posts+

Top Bottom