Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Olofski, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. >YounGunner<

>YounGunner< New Member

I hope its true. Hes miles off his best and offers nothing. Hes also one of our highest paid.

2. Arsenal_FAN1983

Arsenal_FAN1983 New Member

Yeh exactly, if he is willing to take a large wage cut and really wants to stay here I'd be for that, otherwise I think we should sell him.

3. Alfonso

Alfonso New Member Elite

So you have no sentimental values towards Freddie? Where were you in 2002?

4. Arsenal_FAN1983

Arsenal_FAN1983 New Member

He is on a high wage, this is the problem. He gets too many injuries nowdays and he's been out for time while also getting 70k a week. We should cut his wages or sell him.

5. qs

qs New Member Elite

I dont mind freddie going I think he's past it and al but he deserves to be treated respectfully and if he does go WEnger HAS to find a replacement.

6. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

whose coming in then? ribery looks like a summer deal if it happens. certainly though, there has to be a replacement, squad player for squad player. otherwise we'll be very, very short in the wide areas.

ashley young?

time will tell i guess.

7. Alfonso

Alfonso New Member Elite

Well Pat, there is no truth in these rumours. Arsenal prob will realse something on Mon saying that these rumours are BS.

I wouldnt be able to take it to see him in a rival's shirt. If we are going to sell, lets make sure he never plays for an EPL club.

8. qs

qs New Member Elite

I doubt its truth too. I wouldnt be suprised if Wenger had toldhim he should get his agent to talk to other clubs about a summer move though. Seems to me thats how it went down with Bobby and Im sure Freddie will be shown the same respect.

9. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

I hope it's true too.

BTW Alfonso, the only relevance the purple patch in 2002 has to today is to highlight just how far Freddie has fallen since those days. Face it, he's past it.

10. vanderguy

vanderguy New Member

Bye bye freddie, welcome Ribery :)

11. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

i wouldnt mind him leaving, as long as we give him the resspect to find himself a club he WANTS to go to... (as long as its not a major rival, but in reality, our major rivals wouldnt want him)... he makes too much money for what he does for the club nowadays... 2 years ago was the last time he was REALLY useful (consistently)..... we need to bring someone in to fit our playing style now.. Freddie & Henry are the last of the "old" playing style... Henry can adapt, Freddie can not.. he isnt technically good enough to do so....

12. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

he won't leave london IMO

13. USArsenal

so if he leaves Arsenal, he will go to either West Ham or Fulham? (he wont go to Spuds, and Chelski wouldnt want him)

14. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

i really, really hope it's true. freddie is ****e and offers nothing whatsoever to this team right now.

15. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Bullshit newspaper, I stopped even looking at that paper's website after they printed an interview with Vieira stating how happy he was that he had signed a contract with us. Only problem was Vieira signed his new contract like 2-3 weeks after that article was printed :roll:

16. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

Sp**s would want him

17. USArsenal

but i dont think he would go there

18. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

probably not

19. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

While I have no doubt we'll be trying to off load Ljungberg - due to injuries and his ridiculously high wage, I've said for awhile now we'll sell as soon as possible - I highly doubt Wenger said "Find yourself another club — now!" to him. He has a lot more class than that.

20. Henry's Girl

Henry's Girl New Member

I hope its not true cos for the club to treat freddie like dirt is fing disgusting, he deserves better with everything he's done for us. If he's to leave, it should be on good terms with the club he's given his very best to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.