• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
morpho said:
Christofaux said:
I also agree with Sabre in that Freddy wont want to leave London.

Why not? Probably done the most of the chicks in london anyway, so a bit of a different playground wouldnt hurt... Both Arsenal and Ljungberg would be better of if he leaves. Its not babies we are talking about here, but professional football players. Dont think he will leave until the summer, though.
The surprising bit of this rumour is this sentence 'Freddie neven saw it coming'. :shock: WTH?! Freddie should just take a look at his stats on assists and goalsin the recent 18 months. I know he has done well in Europe but paying 70k to a probable sub in the future is too much.

Freddie needs to adjust his mindset. It's not just about business. It's about earn what you contribute. i know Freddie has done great things with the club but the club treat him (and pay him) handsomely in return.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I don't want Freddie to go. It would be to me really end of an era, that begined when Paddy left us. Freddie gave so much to this club and ALWAYS gave 100% of his abilities to the game even when it was not his day. We were disgusted with the way manure left their legend Keane go. This isn't far. How come I have a feeling that every Freddie's mistake is so pointed out, almost like many are happy with it, are waiting for it. Why do I also have a feeling that lot of players get so many chances and Freddie doesn't, at least this season. Yes he is often injured, but still he was best Swede in World Cup by far. He is now national captain and is playing very well for national team from what I hear.
Our captain said that one of the triggers to make him stay this summer was whan he saw Freddie put his hand on his knees, because he was exhausted, about 20mins into the second half in Paris and just a few seconds after he made a full sprint and he didn't stop running and trying till the end of the game. That's our Freddie. Remember his solo run that almost took us 2-0 ahead, what a goal that would have been. He is with Arsenal 100% with his heart, mind and I also, like him, thought future.
Try to imagine what would happen to him if he leaves us. He would go to a team like lets say Liverpool and I think he will really good for them and I wouldn't be surprised at all. Lot of good teams want him, think he is good and he is. He didn't forget how to play the way he did in 2002 or later, he is just in a bad form and club and his team mates must help him in this kind of a situation.
To repeat once more I would be very dissaponted if he goes. He didn't deserve this and he will get better. This kind of thing doesn't seem at all like something Arsenal would do.

Arsenal_FAN1983

70,000K per week is too much to be paying for Ljungberg. We should have another world class player with that sort of wage, Freddie will probably leave in the summer unless he agrees to get paid less, because 70k is too much.

sabret00the

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
sabret00the said:
Funny thing is, Freddie's been with the club longer than most of the posters on this site :lol:

Well considering the forum was created Oct 2003..
I didn't say longer than most people have been posting on this site, i said longer than most people on this site have been with Arsenal. i.e. He got here in '98 and most people here started supporting us around 2001 if not later.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Shadow Moses said:
sabret00the said:
Funny thing is, Freddie's been with the club longer than most of the posters on this site :lol:

I didn't say longer than most people have been posting on this site, i said longer than most people on this site have been with Arsenal. i.e. He got here in '98 and most people here started supporting us around 2001 if not later.

:eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Nutsy

Established Member
Although i was being critical on Freddie's current form. i have to say it would be terrible if he goes tbh. he has been a class player for us aswell. are gonna be one of those clubs who dumps em when they get old? we retired Bergkamp gracefully (granted Bergkamp is Legend), should we let Freddie stay a lil longer?

lil bit on the dilemma here guys, heart says he's "Arsenal", tactical head says he's a terrible player due to his current form :?

M+D

Established Member
If only he would accept lower wages.....

I would hate it if he goes. He was my first "favourite" player, and has been an absolute legend in my view. But if we let Pires go for no money I don't doubt that we can let Freddie go for cash. But please not to another British team, particularly not Sp**s!

patrick42uk

Established Member
dublingunner said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=440039&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+Tomas+can+emulate+Pires+and+Freddie

Is it just me or is Freddie already being talked about in the past tense?

i see what you mean. also;

'At the moment we haven't had that (goals from midfield) and it is important to get it'

Viper

Established Member
I wouldn't lose any sleep if Ljungberg left the club. It's true that he shows commitment and works his arse off in every match, but he has lost it offensively to be honest. He has lost his pace and I can't remember the last time he scored a goal. He has been average or below average in every game this season. He has little to contribute and in almost every match he's played in I've noticed he has been unable to beat his marker. Instead, he sits on the floor, hoping the ref would give him a free kick. He is also rather injury prone. Walcott, Hleb and Rosicky are better players than him.

Thanks for the memories Freddie.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Merida+Denilson said:
If only he would accept lower wages.....

I would hate it if he goes. He was my first "favourite" player, and has been an absolute legend in my view. But if we let Pires go for no money I don't doubt that we can let Freddie go for cash. But please not to another British team, particularly not Sp**s!
I wouldn't loose any sleep either if he went, but I can't see him going to the spuds he will head for the sunshine if/when he goes. :D

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Shadow Moses said:
sabret00the said:
Shadow Moses said:
sabret00the said:

Dudes (dudettes???)

Isn't Freddie the longest serving player (for a single team that is) in the Premiership?

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I can't believe!!! I would be really dissapointed if he leaves. If I could, I would, make some kind of banner, something like: "Freddie please stay" for the next game. I'm almost certain that after seeing unreserved support by fans and team mates he would improve extremly fast. I must say that I was very very sad watching Freddie slowly fading away, but still I think that he really didn't deserve this treatment, by both club or fans. I really liked him all the time he was in the club. I still remember when commemtator said: "Freddie Ljugnberg against manchester united, AGAIN!". For how many players that can be said. In any club. But I guess I like all our players a bit too much and I'm emotionaly too connected with this club, considering some posts here :( :(

N!

YeahBee said:
Shadow Moses said:
sabret00the said:
Shadow Moses said:
sabret00the said:

Dudes (dudettes???)

Isn't Freddie the longest serving player (for a single team that is) in the Premiership?

nah.

Gary Neville. Ryan Giggs. Paul Scholes. Have all been at Man Utd longer than Freddie at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom