• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoud

Leave it to Wenger, he is a good buyer of players but he's a magnificent seller. If he sold Freddie he would be doing the right thing, there would be a better alternative up his sleeve.

vin de guerre

I have heard that Abramovitz has now come into the picture. He wants Freddie, after reading about Real's reasons to buy him. Abramovitz realised he had more chance of making money if he was to do an exchange deal with arsenal, where Arsenal get Chelski's entire squad and Abramovitz gets the marketing rights for Freddie's/KK pants at the Camden Town market.

Aussie

Established Member
Freddie is a class player and is required by Arsenal. What these dickhead press people do is get peoples words and twist them.

Freddie may have said Real Madrid is a great club is a great club and im honoured to be linked with them.

However they dont say that he is happy at Arsenal and has no intention of ever leaving.

Senght

I don't think Freddie wants to leave. We are steamrolling and are on course for a treble. He will rot in the RM reserves if he went. Ask Anelka.

Kyla

Freddie has said that he is happy at Arsenal- for now. he's also said that he won't ignore an option to move, which suggests that his long term commitment isn't really with the club. I'm not sure what way to look at it. However which way you twist his words, the sentiment is the same "i'm happy BUT........"

Senght

Kyla said:
Freddie has said that he is happy at Arsenal- for now. he's also said that he won't ignore an option to move, which suggests that his long term commitment isn't really with the club. I'm not sure what way to look at it. However which way you twist his words, the sentiment is the same "i'm happy BUT........"

Reporters might take his original quote and twist it so that it looked like he is unsettled. One of Real's antics.

Adam

Established Member
I believe Wenger will work to improve the 4 lesser positions perceived in the Arsenal team in the next years.

Buying Reyes, and working Edu into the side has done this with Bergkamp and Gilberto, and helped them to improve their performance.

The same may happen with Ljungberg (pushed by a new player/Bentley) and Lauren (Hoyte).

This could be dependent on our performance in our next possible 5 CL games. If we win those - then Wenger is less likely to make changes to a winning formula, but going on past evidence - these areas could be improved to be at top 3 club standard.

Kyla

Bentley sure as hell ain't a winger. Lauren might need the threat of somebody else taking his place tho!

n_henry

Doubt this very much.... Freddie ain't a galactico...

And I don't think Freddie would move unless we want him to... 8)

kNiteMare

Freddie has too many injury problems recently. And if Real indeed would fork out £20m for him (which i dont think would happen, since Freddie isnt really THAT good) i would take that £20m and buy Joaquin with it.

Arjan

kNiteMare said:
Freddie has too many injury problems recently. And if Real indeed would fork out £20m for him (which i dont think would happen, since Freddie isnt really THAT good) i would take that £20m and buy Joaquin with it.

I agree for 100%: 20 mil is a lot of money, but he is not worth that much.

If they are willing to pay that, i'd call ajax and ask for Van der Vaart and move Pires to the right! (and get Robin van Persie as back-up!)

Taozhe

Real are willing to pay 10 M for Freddie which is not a lot ...... If it was 20 m, then that would be a lot higher than market price. A good sale as they say and I will take the money to develop the squad. Freddie is aging and his injury proness is higher than before. 20 million is good. Even 15 million would be sufficient to be honest.

Gooner83

Im a little sad, that Freddie left the door open.

Real have a poxy defence, Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane are getting on a bit.

Arsenal are the team of the future 8)

patrick42uk

Established Member
if real madrid offered 10 million, i'd snap their hands off. there are better younger more technical right wingers available than ljungberg. quite frankly, he is not that good.

arsenal4life

patrick42uk said:
if real madrid offered 10 million, i'd snap their hands off. there are better younger more technical right wingers available than ljungberg. quite frankly, he is not that good.

exactly patrick42uk

If i were Wenger
I will sell him immediately for 20 million

and get Joaqeen
this lad is incredible
and he's natural RM

KingReyes

Established Member
lewdikris said:
No chance in hell. Freddie really isn't a Madrid style player.

Isn't this what they said about Beckham?? That he wouldn't fit in bla bla bla
He semes to have fitted in pretty well from what I read and hear.
You can be a ****e player and still end up pretty good with those players around you.

kNiteMare

On a second thought, i would still sell Freddie for $10mil and get Van der Vaart, or add a little more from our kitty ands till get Joaquin. If Mardrid are getting Freddie it means their interest in Joaquin is not as high and we will have our chances for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom