• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Agreed.

To paraphrase, 'he's still a good player, deserving of his wage demands, but we don't want to sell him for peanuts'

Sad to see him on his way out :(

Thommybhoy

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=440795&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+Ljungberg+still+has+%27a+lot+to+offer%27+Arsenal

Wenger speaks.

Sounds more like he's trying to sell him (verbally) more than anything tbh.

I really don't know what to think about this one. It should mean that he wants him here, at least until summer, but on the other hand I can't read between the lines so good and that is nedeed here IMO.

Viper

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=440795&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+Ljungberg+still+has+%27a+lot+to+offer%27+Arsenal

Wenger speaks.

Sounds more like he's trying to sell him (verbally) more than anything tbh.
"Although I can't predict the future, Freddie's experience and winner's attitude means he still has a lot to offer."

Sounds like he is leaving.

awooga83

Established Member
Definately sounds like he is talking him up for any prospective buyers by saying he is a good player with alot to offer.

BeijingGunner

In a way I feel sorry for Fred, sometimes you can see him trying his heart out to recapture the old magic, but just lacking the yard of pace to make it happen. However, there is a reason for his decline which is out of his control, and that's the lack of Bergkamp.
In 2002 we won almost all of our last games 2-0, with Bergkamp feeding Freddie. None of our current forwards have the Peripheral vision of the great DB, so Freddie's runs don't get picked out as often. When the goals dry up, so does the confidence to get in goal scoring positions.
However, if you want to see Fred at his best, think of these 3 moments which encapsulate the great player he was/still is (to an extent). 1) Bergkamp's sick close control and assist for Freddie when Arse beat Juve 3-1 at Highbury. 2) Freddie's raping of Terry and awesome finish in the FA cup final against Chelsea. 3) This moment may have gone unnoticed by many, but Freddie block a Roberto Carlos Freekick when we had the 0-0 against Real at H'Bury last year. Everybody knows that Carlos hits an ugly FK, but Fred was willing to run out and throw himself in the way, all for the 0-0.

Freddie, I am truly sorry you have lost the magic that you once had. Thanks for the work, the goals and the red streak in your hair. You won't be forgotten

kamikaze80

Established Member
looks like freddie is indeed on the way out, and i've no doubt that he is upset, but the tabloids are obviously making a meal of the whole affair. there's no way the club treated him disrespectfully.

it's sad, but necessary. life goes on, and i hope freddie can avoid the injury jinx that's affected pires and edu. i even think he could be effective in italy or spain, where the pace is slower.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
He's on his way out. Question is, if based on reports that Arsenal want 7 million for him, who is willing to pay that much amount for a player who is at the end of his career?

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
See, he's still been making those runs of his but noone picks him out. Combined with his rather drastic drop in pace there's no longer a place for him in this 'new' team.

See ya Fred :(

Thanks for the wonderful, wonderful football memories.

He's got red hair.

Gurgen

Established Member
Note how Wenger said he still had a lot to offer, not a lot to offer to Arsenal.

I'll miss him, but it's the right move for all parties concerned.

bazza_afc

I love Freddie Ljungberg & with all the will in the world have willed him on to perform, but he just hasn't. It will be very sad when he goes, but the right decision for Arsenal FC, we just can't keep an injury prone, 70k a week, midfielder who when is fit doesn't contribute to our attack.

If he is sold this month, a replacement must be bought surely?

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
bazza_afc said:
I love Freddie Ljungberg & with all the will in the world have willed him on to perform, but he just hasn't. It will be very sad when he goes, but the right decision for Arsenal FC, we just can't keep an injury prone, 70k a week, midfielder who when is fit doesn't contribute to our attack.

If he is sold this month, a replacement must be bought surely?
Thats if he does go, like I said I would rather Freddy go than Ralph.

Alfonso

Established Member
Ok i can take it if he goes as he is deperciating, but we cannot sell him without a replacement.

Unless Wenger is planning to play Baptista, Denilson, or Ali on the wing for the rest of the season.

If he goes and we get Ribery then i welcome it, but not without a replacement.

Freddie can still give something for the club for the next 6 months imo.

His experience is vital. Selling him and Lauren in the same window would be naive imo.

Arsenal316

Ljungberg will probably stay until the end of the season. After it's done, then it's highly likely he'll be moving elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom