• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christofaux

This is why you dont jump the gun on what people say that aren't club officials.

WENGER: LJUNGBERG HAS GUNNERS FUTURE
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger insists Freddie Ljungberg still has 'a lot to offer' the Gunners.

The Sweden midfielder has been linked with a move away from the Emirates Stadium in recent days after struggling to secure a regular place in Wenger’s team this season.

Ljungberg, 29, is currently out of the side with a hamstring injury, but Wenger insists that, when fit, he can still play a major role for the north London club.

“There has been much speculation about Freddie Ljungberg in the media over the last few days,” Wenger told the club’s official website, www.arsenal.com.

“But given his dedication and contribution to the team's success since joining the club I feel it is important to state that Freddie is a valuable member of our squad.

“Although I can't predict the future, Freddie's experience and winner's attitude means he still has a lot to offer.”

The strength in depth of Arsenal’s squad was emphatically demonstrated when a team comprised mainly of youngsters humbled Liverpool 6-3 at Anfield in the Carling Cup quarter-finals.

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?c ... yCode=News

lagos

Established Member
????
Arsène saying Ljunberg still has a lot to offer is quite different from him saying "we want to keep him" (when talking about Ali)

If you ask me there seems to be some fire to go along with this smoke

siddharth

Wenger is a genius. The choice of words to describe the freddie situation were cleverly disguised for all the 3 parties i.e the club , freddie and other prospective clubs.

The decision is up to ljungberg who needs to decide whether to move now or in the summer. It would be a wise move to stay until the summer when he will have a lot of decent choices both in epl and abroad.

On a sidenote nice to see inter milan looking at freddie as figo's replacement so that means we will get 5m for him. :D

I would also like to suggest that if freddie is prepared to go to inter than wenger must have a serious look at santiago solari who imo is a very good player and would be an excellent backup as winger.

Sammer

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Ok i can take it if he goes as he is deperciating, but we cannot sell him without a replacement.

Of course we can.

We have Hleb as 1st choice and Theo 2nd, with RvP being able to play as a RW (ver attacking orientated). Hell, I´d even stick Eboué as a RM if things get really bad.

Gurgen

Established Member
I think what Alfonso means is that we have no other player LIKE Freddie in the squad. Someone who will make runs in behind from the wing and who offers penetration for 90 minutes (not that Freddie does that these days).

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I think what Alfonso means is that we have no other player LIKE Freddie in the squad. Someone who will make runs in behind from the wing and who offers penetration for 90 minutes (not that Freddie does that these days).

sure we do. both cesc and rosicky(and hleb as well on occations) make runs in behind the back four. same goes for thierry, aliadiere, adebayor and van persie. there simply is no need for ljungberg anymore...

Gryphon

i'll miss freddie, but the fact is that he has no confidence in himself to make thoses runs and even less to control and finish once he makes them.
besides, this talk of him going cant be true. wenger isnt that type of manager, freddie is a part of our history we cant just turn him out because of injuries and sub par performances at least let his contract run out like pires did

JML

gooner griffin said:
at least let his contract run out like pires did
We also got nothing for Pires. Or Campbell.

If Wenger can seriously get anywhere near 7m for him (which I doubt), then **** him. He can be a part of Arsenal's history whilst playing for West Ham.

Gryphon

I dont mind not getting cash for freddie, have we really gone into red after losing pires for free...??
no way my friend there more to players that spent their defining moments of their career and then throwing them out like trash. thats jose-managment

JML

gooner griffin said:
I dont mind not getting cash for freddie, have we really gone into red after losing pires for free...??
No, but Arsenal's a business. Continually letting players stay until their contract runs out just so they can go and play somewhere else is foolish. Ribery, or whoever else Arsène wants to replace him with, won't be free.
no way my friend there more to players that spent their defining moments of their career and then throwing them out like trash. thats jose-managment
He's being sold, not sacked. It's not like Arsenal's just dumping him out on the street.

Gryphon

even so....maybe i am just a die hard freddie fan but i still feel unhappy about sending him off
he is after all our oldest serving player of the current squad

Viper

Established Member
But has also been arguebly the worst performing first teamer of the late.

He could run all day, but doesn't offer us anything that'll really help us in attack.

dublingunner

Established Member
Freddie will be happier too in another team getting regular games. He'll probably do a Campbell, play outstandingly never miss a match and have us all wondering what the hell we were doing selling him.

PS: Mine is better :p

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Thommybhoy said:
Rohit said:

Excellent!!! I'm very happy about this! I have been waiting for this from Wenger ever since I heard Freddie might go!! At the beginnig I was certain it's just matter of time when he will say that, but I must admit I was really worried recent days. Thank God it's over!! :D :D :D
It might be for now but with AW you never know. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom