• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCG7

Established Member
10 million.. if they have offered 10 we should try to get 15.. for 15 million i would let him go if he wants to leave.. if he doesnt ..keep him.
FReddie is one of our most loved players and if we can keep our squad together we should try as much as we can to do this.

but for 20 million.. he'd have to go!

torgrim

I've been through most Swedish tabloids now, and none of them has anything on this supposed link. Instead I found one mention on how Freddie enjoy curent affairs at Arsenal and London.

Sammer

Established Member
If you quote "Marca" you should be well aware that they are much worse than e.g. the SUN.

Bunch of Bollocks.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sell Freddie no way.
I think it is Real twisting words around.
Why on earth would Freddie want to go there.exept to visit Madrid either on holidays or when he plays for us against them

Anders Limpar

I think it's odd that many of you dislike Freddie or doesn't rate him as high as I do. I think it was obvious we missed two players very much against Blackburn on Saturday...

...namely, Freddie and Bergy!!

Yes, there was speed enough but on occasion it looked like Henry, Pires and Reyes simply outrun our own team on the counter attack. There was no Bergy to collect the ball and make the defense sink deep inte their own box and desperatley trying to keep control of Henry and Pires and no Freddie to see the hole they make to fit one of his 30 meters runs into the box with Bergy to deliever the pass...

...and I also agree on the fact stated above that it's a shame he didn't rule out a move from Highbury like Pires, Vieira and Henry has done! But don't be mistaken, Freddie is no Zidane but which defense would cope with those runs if the ball could come from Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo or Becks? Except from our own that is...

Please stay!!

kNiteMare

I like Freddie, especially with that red hair of his during the double season run in!

I rate him highly, maybe not at 10mil in this climate. And he is too injury prone imo.

I would really like him to stay, but if someone offer 10mil+ for him, i wouldnt mind as we can probably get a better player.

Anders Limpar

I trust Wenger when it comes to selecting players for our team and as long as he choses to stick with Freddie on the right side there is no one better suited to play that part...

:p

You know, watching Arsenal is sometimes like going to the theater, it's a show where everybody plays thier part, bigger or smaller but equally important to get the story/game to end like it's meant to be by the storyteller (Wenger that is)! And in my book Freddie is a main character...

Senght

We are winning and Freddie is now in fine form. I don't want to dismantle the team when we are steamrolling everyone as ive said. I don't care about young talents like Van Der Varrt or Joaquin. I WANT LJUNGBERG!

Ridge

yeah guys, stop discussing how are we gonna use that money to buy other players to replace Freddie, he aint going anywhere!

Kyla

That's why I was so angry before. He ain't a galactico, so you'd think he'd be happy where he is. Even if his words were twisted, he ain't long term committed b/c he HAS left the door open for other big European clubs. What a fool! All this talk about team spirit, family and brotherhood and there's Freddie thinking i'd jack all that for big money and CL success on a plate. If he really did come up with those statements, I will have lost some respect for the man.

I still think he's integral to the way we play. Its unfortunate that Pires and Freddie are both naturals in the same position. Sooner or later Bobby will hang up his boots and Freddie could occupy his favoured wing, but that don't mean diddly **** to him obviously.

Anders Limpar

Kyla,

For heavens sake Kyla, calm down a bit. He has said nothing that hasn't been said before. Vieira did exactly the same a season or two back. he could have a bad moment or whatever when he said it or it might be pure tactic when it comes to renegotiate his contract. Pires, Vieira and Henry has all signed new contracts recently...

A

Anonymous

If they offered us anything over 10 mill for Freddie I would snap their hands off.

Freddie is a good player, but blows hot and cold. With 10 million im sure Wenger could replace him with a better player.

Mark

Established Member
I hope this isn't true. I thought he was more comitted to the club than this, I think it is just the idiots in the media trying to distract players like Henry, Vieira and now Freddie and unsettle them causing them to lose concentration on the task at hand. I think it would be best to ignore this kind of rubbish.

Kyla

Anders- this isn't old news rehashed. He said this while promoting his stuff in spain y/day or today. He could potentially disjoint a united team and I don't like it. Why let us know where his priroties lie? We don't need to know- his teammates certainly don't.

Kyla

My anger might reach further boiling point after reading the Guardian's intepretation of the matter!

By contrast, Freddie Ljungberg is having lots of thoughts. And most of them are about playing for Real Madrid. Real are said to be ready to offer £20m, but could face competition from Internazionale. "I am happy playing for Arsenal at the moment," says Ljungberg, "but I don't want to close down any options I might have for the future. It would be unbelievable to play with Zidane in Madrid. He is the best in the world, even better than Thierry Henry." Nothing like a vote of confidence in your own team-mates, eh?

Arsenal316

I'd take 20 million for him in a second, but only if he WANTS to leave. If he doesn't want to leave, don't sell him.

Gunnsie

kNiteMare said:
Beckhams is too slow for us. And wenger probably wont like his lifestyle either.

Ok, he isnt the most quiet media wise, but Beckham is a totally commited professional, a perfectionist even. There was a programme about it on tv a few months ago, some people think he has OCD. I think that comment about wenger not liking his lifestyle is a bit over the top, Henry is always in the media, but wenger doesnt seem to have a problem with it (the renault clio adverts etc) theres no way Becks will join the arsenal but if he did his commitment and lifestyle would not effect his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom