• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
j'nuh said:
How good would it be if he won us the game on wednesday?

I am sorry, but I lost hope with Freddie.

Freddie can only play well, when the rest of the team is in superb form, opening spaces for him (e.g. Real away last season).

Nothing came off the right side last night with Freddie.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Sammer said:
j'nuh said:

I am sorry, but I lost hope with Freddie.

Freddie can only play well, when the rest of the team is in superb form, opening spaces for him (e.g. Real away last season).

Nothing came off the right side last night with Freddie.
I think our Freddy has shot his bolt, I also think he will be gone in the summer, lets face it he is not a very good asset to the team is he.

Viper

Established Member
Ljungberg has returned to his old usual self.

Crap, ineffective, useless.

Not good enough anymore. He done absolutely nothing. It was like playing with 1 man less in attack.

Viper

Established Member
j'nuh said:
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
like sammer said though, he will probably need to do more. he'll need to get some sort of productivity back from a goalscoring perspective. he cant waste chances like at blackburn since theres no point making the run and getting picked out if you dont convert. its promising though because 2 games in a row he's got in behind and its got me slightly excited about what the third time will bring.

I feel the PSV game will be a good benchmark for him in that respect.

I think he needs a run of games to get his finishing back aswell. If his finishing had been as sharp was it was recently, he would have got loads of goals. Hopefully in the next few games he gain regain that sharpness.

Freddie has been crap for 2 years.

It isn't going to change. Wenger should sell him and get a replacement.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Viper said:
j'nuh said:
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
like sammer said though, he will probably need to do more. he'll need to get some sort of productivity back from a goalscoring perspective. he cant waste chances like at blackburn since theres no point making the run and getting picked out if you dont convert. its promising though because 2 games in a row he's got in behind and its got me slightly excited about what the third time will bring.

I feel the PSV game will be a good benchmark for him in that respect.

I think he needs a run of games to get his finishing back aswell. If his finishing had been as sharp was it was recently, he would have got loads of goals. Hopefully in the next few games he gain regain that sharpness.

Freddie has been crap for 2 years.

It isn't going to change. Wenger should sell him and get a replacement.
Lets hope Mr Wenger reads this and does sell him in the summer, he needs to. :D

qs

Established Member
I don't mind Freddie staying next year as long as he takes whatever role he's given and as long as we bring in a winger who'll really push Rosicky and Hleb for their places in the team.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

qs said:
I don't mind Freddie staying next year as long as he takes whatever role he's given and as long as we bring in a winger who'll really push Rosicky and Hleb for their places in the team.
As much as Freddy has been a good servent of the club its time he went and made way for new blood.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

14teranga said:
He can stay as long as he does not have the divine right to start games.
They are paying him a lot of dosh to start game though, they will not be happy with him being a bit player, thats why I think he could be off in the summer.

qs

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
14teranga said:
They are paying him a lot of dosh to start game though, they will not be happy with him being a bit player, thats why I think he could be off in the summer.

Don't you worry what he's being paid, he's earned that money and he has a contract. If he wants to stay he should be let.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

qs said:
1970*Gooner said:
14teranga said:

Don't you worry what he's being paid, he's earned that money and he has a contract. If he wants to stay he should be let.
You might think that and I might think that but does the board??

illmatik

Established Member
i dont think ljunberg has been THAT bad these past couple of games...i've seen alot of improvement from before, but hey he is no ronaldo...i say we give him until the end of the year..see how he does and if hes mediocre, sell him while hes worth about 5 mill pounds

siddharth

Freddie is past it but you have to give him credit for the commitment and effort. Sadly he no longer can get past any defenders and make a difference. Unless he suddenly starts scoring goals regularly it would be foolish to keep freddie on such huge wages.

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
he should stay, until he retires, n then he become a coach! that would be fantastic. I believer Fredrik would do well...as a coach.

Fallen_Angel

How old is he now? 30, right?

Do you think he would be better off away from Arsenal?

How much would we get for selling him?

I think it's stupid some people think HENRY should walk away f*** no he's one of the best in the world.

But when it comes to Ljungberg people are saying no. :p

Alfonso

Established Member
Another good peformance from Freddie. Arguably our best player in the past month. I dont know if that says more about our players general dire peformances or his actual recent good form.

warne

Alfonso said:
Another good peformance from Freddie. Arguably our best player in the past month. I dont know if that says more about our players general dire peformances or his actual recent good form.

Freddie has been one of the few players running to create chances for us. Too often do our players stand in offensive positions without moving.

I would not say that he is much better but at the moment we need him badly.

Nutsy

Established Member
our players had some pretty ****e games, but Freddie was great tonight. seems he's reliable out there. thank goodness the old Freddie has'nt lost completely.

Invincible

Established Member
Fantastic performance from Freddie tonight. Easily MOTM imo. Made a goal line clearance, fought, attacked, defended, crossed a great ball for Ali which the latter ****ed up, ran and chased the ball everywhere, beat his man more than once, etc.. He was at his best tonight. We should keep him in the summer.

Philo Bedo

Did you guys see the run he made in the first half when Diaby failed to find him? Ahh (looks of into the distance), that burst from midfield was just like the Freddie of old; pity the pass didn't match the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom