• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
Yea but thats what my main point, not their quality but the fact that they played.

I feel we need 2 more attacking players a defensive mid and a defender

N!

I feel we are pretty covered in DM at the moment. We haveGilberto, then backup is Song and Denilson. Plus we could also put Diaby in there if we are playing 'park the bus' teams.

And at CB we will need strengthening, but only 1 more player - and who knows, maybe a reserve player could step up, such as Connolly.

Attacking players are out priority at the moment though, an all-out winger and a solid back-up striker and i think we're set to be honest.

Although i'd really like another LB to come in to give adequate backup for Clichy.

kamikaze80

Established Member
true, the testimonial should be good times, i expect to see the likes of henry, bergkamp, vieira, pires, etc back at the emirates which should be a real treat

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
nah freddie stays man, hes one of us...looking forward to his testimonial too...
trust me he'll be proper geared up next season, imagine us winning the title and freddie carrying it out in his testimonial...ahhh f**k that will be one emotional fairy tale

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Why do you figure we need another central defender? Kolo, Gallas, Senderos, Djouro (and Gilberto/hOyte if the **** has hit the fan)

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
not to sure about song and more den-den defesively in mid, id rather put kolo or djourou there if gllberto is out because remember he is coming back late after a rest from copa america
playing diaby straight away can be a risk as he likes to attack just like cesc. cesc doesnt play a disciplined role in a 2 man centre mid but more of a free one...he needs someone behind him holding it defensively

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
N! said:
Make up for?

I dunno where you've been mate but Baptista, Ljungberg, Muamba, Ali, Flamini and Poom don't NEED to be made up for.

Considering that last season the most regular starter was Baps and to be brutally honest he was so bad he made me want to kill myself.
your a idiot. Its called depth. As said by the game. The players who dont start are just as significant in a season as the players that do....Baptista and Flamini and Ljungberg got a fair few games last year and so did Ali, they have to be relaced for Carling Cup games and also injuries. you should get a tattoo saying "engage head, before mouth" on your arm, that way, we wont have that kind of a post again.

jackycreegs

Excuse the Cahmpionship Manager (or Football Manager as I believe it's name has changed to since I started taking proactive measures to fight my addiction) short-hand, but it seems the most straightforward way to set things out. With this squad I don't think we especially NEED more depth anywhere.

GK Lehmann
GK Fabianski
GK Almunia
D/MR Eboue
DR Hoyte
DL Clichy
DL Traore
DLC Gallas
DC Toure
DC Senderos
D/DMC Djourou
DMC Gilberto
MC Fabregas
MRC Denilson
MLC Diaby
AMRLC Hleb
AMRLC Rosicky
AM/FRLC Walcott
FLC Eduardo
FRLC van Persie
FC Adebayor
FC Bendtner

Perhaps a winger and a defensive midfielder might be useful, but I don't think many more players are required.

And this is, of course, assuming that Ljungberg leaves, which his agent has consistently said Freddie doesn't want to happen. (Henry's agent never said that Thierry wasn't going to or didn't want to leave, by the way - he just denied having personally met with Barcelona officials at that time.)

If Freddie can just stay fit for a decent period then form should follow. He's not all that old so he surely can't have just lost it.

banduan

Established Member
Why isn't this in the Freddie thread?

PS: I love it when we throw a fit over players leaving the club but demand to sell players once we don't like 'em so much any more.

KY

Established Member
thegame24 said:
isnt almunia gone?

and that attack dont scare me one bit at the moment if i was an opposing team

That'll be great though wouldn't it? we KNOW we have the quality and if the opposition don't see it, so much the better for us to catch them with their pants down. Easier to score too if they get over confident and slack up ... here's hoping. :D

Chips&CurrySauce

I think that we as a club have alerted other clubs that Freddie is available, which is why there has been a few rumours surrounding Freddie.. The problem is Freddie is sitting on a fat contract here and I get the feeling he just doesn't want to move which is his right..

Unfortunately I think he's gonna stay and carry on being a luxury squad player that plays les than 10 games a season...

Zico

Established Member
jackycreegs said:
Excuse the Cahmpionship Manager (or Football Manager as I believe it's name has changed to since I started taking proactive measures to fight my addiction) short-hand, but it seems the most straightforward way to set things out. With this squad I don't think we especially NEED more depth anywhere.

GK Lehmann
GK Fabianski
GK Almunia
D/MR Eboue
DR Hoyte
DL Clichy
DL Traore
DLC Gallas
DC Toure
DC Senderos
D/DMC Djourou
DMC Gilberto
MC Fabregas
MRC Denilson
MLC Diaby
AMRLC Hleb
AMRLC Rosicky
AM/FRLC Walcott
FLC Eduardo
FRLC van Persie
FC Adebayor
FC Bendtner

That's some alphabet soup you just cooked up, JC. On paper that line-up honestly doesn't look good next to Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca, Milan, Inter. I would place even Valencia and Roma (w/ Chivu) ahead on overall quality.

Could be a long season at home or abroad. Doubt Freddy's staying or going will have much influence on our final harvest.

qs

Established Member
For £3m he can go, add in saving £70k a week for 2 more years and its good business. We could get a younger player who's as good but who can improve for £5mish and pay him 20k.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
our squad needs to be better. wenger better bring more players in if he is going to sell freddie.

i personally thinks almunia will stay as 3rd choice.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
if wenger isnt going to bring in 2 replacements for freddie, then we must well let him stay here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom