• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
if wenger isnt going to bring in 2 replacements for freddie, then we must well let him stay here

Why 2? If he had replaced him with just Ribery would that not have been enough?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we were suppose to already add a winger for depth even if freddie stays here.

if he leaves, i reckon we must add 2. it was orginally a luxury to have 2, lucky to have 1.

the 2nd winger could be a player that can play striker too. that will be perfect for us

N!

rednwhitearmy said:
N! said:
Make up for?

I dunno where you've been mate but Baptista, Ljungberg, Muamba, Ali, Flamini and Poom don't NEED to be made up for.

Considering that last season the most regular starter was Baps and to be brutally honest he was so bad he made me want to kill myself.
your a idiot. Its called depth. As said by the game. The players who dont start are just as significant in a season as the players that do....Baptista and Flamini and Ljungberg got a fair few games last year and so did Ali, they have to be relaced for Carling Cup games and also injuries. you should get a tattoo saying "engage head, before mouth" on your arm, that way, we wont have that kind of a post again.

Do i care?

No, not really.

And anyway, if you read what... 2 posts down, you'll see i have practially eaten my words anyway. So there is really no reason to get in such a tantrum about it.

...maybe your mother should stop givng you sweeties for a while.

evoh_1

Established Member
for the money that he earns freedie shouldn't be a bench player or a squad player. if he is willing to go then let him leave and get the money to bring in either some talent or some depth. as all Arsène seems to be doing is either bringing in talents youngsters or player with quality that can cover positions and be a squad player.

if freedie really wants to stay offer him an extension with a drop of wages and lets see if he really want to fight for a place.

KY

Established Member
winger cum striker = ryan babel!!

anyways,back to freddie. I really would like him to stay just for the sake of depth, especially those with experience. Unless wenger signs someone else, we really are so thin in the wings, a single injury would ruin our whole campaign. And we have never had much luck in that since the unbeaten season. likes of walcott, van den berg, randall just not mature enough to cut it yet. And diaby, denilson are first and foremost central mids.

Viper

Established Member
Our squad looks far too weak.

It has many inexperienced players.

Walcott
Denilson
Diaby
Bendtner
Djourou
Troare
Fabianksi

And far too many young players....

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
exactly, it wont hurt, gets a nice wage ...end of season he carries out the prem title at his testimonial and them we can flog him off to our retirement home up pompey
win-win situation imo lol

Paddy from Sweden

This...

http://www.violanews.com/news.asp?idnew=3484

and this...

http://www.fiorentina.it/notizia.asp?IDNotizia=51377

...apparently say that someone from Fiorentina has travelled to London to try and buy Ljungberg.

The Babelfished translation is hardly understandable.

First link:

Fiorentina-Ljungberg, agreement in sight? Calciomercato - 09/07/2007 15.53.08 It could be to one tightened final the negotiation that would carry the centrocampista of the Arsenal Fredrik Ljungberg to the Fiorentina. As from we anticipated this morning (clicca) Corvino it has left here with the general executive manager viola Sandro Mencucci for a travel that would have to carry beyond that to London in France and Holland. All this makes to suppose that the two can soon close at least a market operation, otherwise the presence of Mencucci would not be explained. The offer for the Swedish player would be gone around on 7-8 million euro while I engage it would have to be reduced to the million and half (currently perceives little more than two million) in order to re-enter in the parameters established from the square viola, but with a triennial contract. In the English stage dovrebe to be faced also the relative speech to Giuseppe Red.

Second link:

Corvino tightens for Ljungberg and Huntelaar. Tomorrow it returns in Italy 09/07/2007 Accelerated probably decisive of the society viola for Ljungberg that the society viola could acquire in the next few days. Corvino to London has tried to close for player, offering 8 million to the Arsenal. The negotiation could be unblocked to short.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Seconded, or thirded, love Freddie but this wil lbe too good for us (and him) to bad for Sweden do I kinda enjoyed having him as our captain, if he is to be a starter again then I se small injuries stopping him from playing for sweden

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
good enough player, maybe not enough for us, I except him to go to Man City now that Svennis is there

What is good about him is that he has risen to the challenge every time he has changed club and becoming one of the best at the club (except for his dutch years too young then)

Paddy from Sweden

GoonerGurjit said:
What do you Swedes think of Johan Elmander?

The only Swedish player I'd like to see at Arsenal except Ljungberg that is. I rate Elmander quite highly and think that he is slightly underrated among some Swedes who only see Zlatan before their eyes.

_scorpion_

Established Member
The problem is Freddie wants to pocket the transfer fee because of the drop in wages.

that's why nothing is happening with Freddie at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom