Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Olofski, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paddy from Sweden

Paddy from Sweden New Member

The part about Bojinov comes from the imagination of the journo at The Guardian and not from the Italian press.

2. qs

qs New Member Elite

The Guardian don't tend to just make stuff up. Probably the most reliable football paper in England(though thats not saying too much)

3. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

I think that's the case too. I'm hardly going to try and guess what Wenger's planning to do here, but with things like "... it looks increasingly likely he will soon be joined by striker Obafemi Martins." in decent news sources I think Bojinov is more of a back-up option if a deal with Martins falls through.

Obviously, the Ljungberg to Fiorentina and Bojinov coming here deal is off if it's Martins as it'd make no sense to sign three strikers in one summer on top of having RVP and Adebayor already there.

4. Paddy from Sweden

Paddy from Sweden New Member

Still the only thing I have found on Italian Fiorentina sites is that Torino and Roma are interested in Bojinov and that the Turin club is in pole for his signature. Nothing about Arsenal but an article about that article in The Guardian so I guess that was news to them as well.

5. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

6. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

5.5m plus bojinov? am i dreaming? its the bestest deal for ljungberg i could have dreamt of. i remember people here saying we would be lucky if we get 3m for ljungberg

if this is true, i don't see why wenger wouldn't accept the deal. i understand bojinov isnt playing as well as he should be, but he would still be better than an ageing ljungberg.

bojinov record is not prolific at all, a whee bit less than decent for a striker. he can play wings as well

2001–2004 Lecce 65 (16)
    2005–2006 Fiorentina 36 (8)
    2006–2007 → Juventus (loan) 18 (5)

7. Viper

Viper Member

Awesome.

8. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Heck I would take a straight swap with Bojinov

Swedish Aftonbaldet, reports that we have agreed but that Freddie will ahve to take a wage cut (but a longer contract) the ball is with Freddie

9. number_0

number_0 Member

Sorry no Arsenal clips

JazzG

:cry: :cry:

10. number_0

number_0 Member

Sorry no Arsenal clips

JazzG

:cry:

11. stuart

stuart New Member Trusted

12. Good news - a few clubs are after him. At least we have some back up.

13. EMIR8_SOLDIER

EMIR8_SOLDIER New Member

ahh freddie man gotta love the guy

Sorry no Arsenal clips, no matter how good they are :(

JazzG

14. nidza7

nidza7 New Member

15. phenn

phenn New Member

I like Freddie. It makes no business sense to keep him. But I like him. Even though he's aging and really not very good right now. Every once in a while when we throw him in there he might come up with something good. Plus just for sentimental value. We've really had a lot of turnover lately.

16. Alfonso

Alfonso New Member Elite

Bojinov is a good player, but he has stagnated and stalled in recent years. He is more of a 'big fish in a small pond' kind of player and a bit of a headcase. One of the pros of signing him would be that he could play on the left as well. Personally, I would prefer Goran Pandev, who is a similar player.

17. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

5.5 milion?

better than nothing i suppose.

18. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

£5.5m for a 30-year-old who is rarely fit is flipping brilliant business.

19. nidza7

nidza7 New Member

...and I thought Cygan deal was a business materpiece.

20. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

whats this i hear about 5.5 and bojinov too

any truth to that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.