• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
awooga83 said:
Big_Cake said:
Reyes anyone?

*gets coat*

It doesn't matter how many coats you give him he still won't want to play for Arsenal not to mention the impracticalities of wearing one while playing football.

Little disappointed in Freddies statements following other supposedly experienced players down the criticising Arsenal route saying 2 years ago we promised lots of big signings to take the club forward and that hasn't happened. In a time when we are a bit shaky shall we say the more experienced players should no better but they are broadcasting to everyone things aren't good behind the scenes at Arsenal and not helping us if we were tracking any more experienced people or signings in general.

That first paragraph is hilarious!

Personally, I think Freddie's well within his rights to make those comments. I can't be arsed to fanny around arguing about who should, and should not be saying things to the media - far more worrying is the fact that Arsène can't even convince his own players that they'll be competitive.

siddharth

kym7224 said:
Watching press conference live on SSN

Freddie criticize us not to sign promised big names.

AW really promised players bring big names? Henry, Freddie all said same thing.

He promised and not keep it blah blah...
That is very sad to hear as it makes Edelman's comments look a big lie and that doesn't reflect well on the current board and wenger. However freddie has no right to criticize us as he was hardly contributing anything to the team for the last 2 seasons as against henry and vieira.

Gurgen

Established Member
TIme to move on really, for both parties.

Thanks for the goals and the passion Freddie. Arsenal legend.

Just wish he hadn't talked that crap at the press conference.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
asajoseph said:
It's not Walcott I'm worried about - it's whoever Wenger things will be playing on the left for the 1/3 of a season Rosicky will inevitably spend injured?

Diaby?

Flamini?

no problem.

almunia can do the job.

Asterix

Established Member
Rocafella said:
'a fee which could rise to 3 million'

Am I the only one who feels like we've been slightly ripped off here?

Maybe - I think the main thing was to get his wages off our books. I'm sure he would also have had loyalty clauses if he didn't ask to leave, so that anything we get is really a bonus in my view.

asajoseph

Established Member
Why is everyone so shocked to hear the players start saying the exact same things as the fans have been for months?

Were we all saying we lacked experience, without actually thinking it was true?

siddharth

asajoseph said:
far more worrying is the fact that Arsène can't even convince his own players that they'll be competitive.
That's very harsh when you take into account that freddie was not just a simple case of being low on confidence but he was well past it.

Captain

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Why is everyone so shocked to hear the players start saying the exact same things as the fans have been for months?

There's nothing shocking about it. Freddie is free to say what he likes; but for a player who had effectively dropped to little more then a squad player, to bleat about the supposed quality of the players who have joined the club is a joke.

Good one fred, Bye.

otfgoon

Established Member
Gonna miss you Freddie :*********(

Right time to move on for all parties really. Anything we get from him in transfer fee's is a bonus, there are not a 1000 clubs out there willing to pay his wages, and lets face it, he's been past it for a while now.

asajoseph

Established Member
siddharth said:
asajoseph said:
far more worrying is the fact that Arsène can't even convince his own players that they'll be competitive.
That's very harsh when you take into account that freddie was not just a simple case of being low on confidence but he was well past it.

Yes, Freddie was well past it - but that still doesn't explain his comments.

Or do you think he's just having a pop? It's becoming a bit fashionable among players leaving the club at the moment...

nidza7

Established Member
Does this mean Wenger will stay for another contract?

Surely he can`t sell all expirience-introduce new talented players and leave unfinished job?

Or this was forced move and has nothing to do with Wenger`s decision?

Time will tell...

siddharth

Big_Cake said:
Should never have let him leave, has Wenger not learnt his lesson about letting older players leave!?
Vieira - mistake (for one season at least)
Wiltord - would still have been useful, but didn't want to stay
Edu - mistake, Wenger should have played him more
Pires - another season would have been good
Parlour- would have been a fantastic squad player
Except for the fact that all the above players could have contributed to the team in some way or the other whereas freddie had become a useless passenger.

asajoseph

Established Member
Captain said:
asajoseph said:

There's nothing shocking about it. Freddie is free to say what he likes; but for a player who had effectively dropped to little more then a squad player, to bleat about the supposed quality of the players who have joined the club is a joke.

Good one fred, Bye.

Well, yes, it's hypocritical, I don't deny that. After all, it's not like he was pulling his weight.

It's just that it's another one in what seems to be a growing line of players, who obviously don't have genuine faith in what Arsène's doing.

awooga83

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Personally, I think Freddie's well within his rights to make those comments. I can't be arsed to fanny around arguing about who should, and should not be saying things to the media - far more worrying is the fact that Arsène can't even convince his own players that they'll be competitive.

Well the thing for me is it seems like a dig at Arsenal which i can't understand him making unless Wenger maybe made it clear he wouldn't be getting as much first team football so he could stay but he would have to take a back seat and as a result this is his revenge.

I don't know but players always say Wenger has a good relationship and they can talk to him I can't imagine him promising things he has no intention or cannot fulfil.

I feel Freddie knew his time was up and this saves him face and its for that I think it was unecessary.

Big_Cake

awooga83 said:
Big_Cake said:
Reyes anyone?

*gets coat*

It doesn't matter how many coats you give him he still won't want to play for Arsenal not to mention the impracticalities of wearing one while playing football.

Little disappointed in Freddies statements following other supposedly experienced players down the criticising Arsenal route saying 2 years ago we promised lots of big signings to take the club forward and that hasn't happened. In a time when we are a bit shaky shall we say the more experienced players should no better but they are broadcasting to everyone things aren't good behind the scenes at Arsenal and not helping us if we were tracking any more experienced people or signings in general.

Just to clarify - you do understand what I meant when I said 'gets coat'? I wasn't implying I was getting my coat to go and get Reyes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom