• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Btw, I said months ago Freddie had a problem with examining his own performances, these comments he's made today show a man who did indeed believe the hype. His hype. He should never have cut his hair, it all went downhill from there..

Big_Cake

RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
asajoseph said:
At the end of the day, long-term success is built around developing a product, not short-term book-keeping.

Balancing the books is one thing, but we'll lose far more in the long term if we can't put bums on seats. We did ok this year, but already in our second season at the Emirates, club level ticket sales were slower than expected.

Financial success in football is built on success on the pitch.

It is still stupidly hard to get a ticket for a game, I tried loads last season (I am not a red member anymore). The only game I got a ticket for was West Brom away, and I couldn't go to that because I was sick in the car on the way up and had to be taken home.
My point is I am sure, even if ticket sales are slow among 'member's there are plenty of other 'civilians' who would be willing to take their place

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you eat too many sweets on the way up?

Get on the membership scheme and it's a piece of p'ss to get hold of tickets. Seriously.

I knew there would be some sort of reference like that :(
P.S. I am not a child, I am a 'man'

Is it? Yeh I plan to sometime, I havn't been to the Emirates yet and used to go to highbury about 5-10 times a season when I was a proper member. :)

>YounGunner<

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
asajoseph said:
At the end of the day, long-term success is built around developing a product, not short-term book-keeping.

Balancing the books is one thing, but we'll lose far more in the long term if we can't put bums on seats. We did ok this year, but already in our second season at the Emirates, club level ticket sales were slower than expected.

It is still stupidly hard to get a ticket for a game, I tried loads last season (I am not a red member anymore). The only game I got a ticket for was West Brom away, and I couldn't go to that because I was sick in the car on the way up and had to be taken home.
My point is I am sure, even if ticket sales are slow among 'member's there are plenty of other 'civilians' who would be willing to take their place

Get on the membership scheme and it's a piece of p'ss to get hold of tickets. Seriously.

Too right. I could get tickets for fun.

asajoseph

Established Member
Gurgen said:
asajoseph said:

We've not been relegated yet have we?

The team is stronger now that it was last year. Not because of signings, but because the younger players have all improved. That is the biggest step forward we've taken, but I guess it's not good unless there's a big price tag attached.

That remains to be seen.

Personally, I'm relatively optimistic about our young players, but I still feel that there are one or two rather gaping holes in our squad that need to be filled with a sensible signing or two. If Arsène replaces Freddie properly and sensibly, I'm happy - but it's not like he's got a 100% track record on this sort of thing.

Anyway, my point was relatively straightforward - from a financial perspective, it is possible to be too prudent, and that's a general principle, not just a footballing one. I feel that we're in a situation now, where overspending on a player may actually pay greater dividends than not spending at all.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
asajoseph said:

Are you? My apologies, it's difficult to tell from some of your posts.

thegame24

Established Member
What do you mean you point exactly, didnt you read what i said, FM has nothing to do wih it.

We need a winger, we are arsenal one of the best teams in the world, why not go for the best players that we need.

Stop lowering arsenal its insulting, i hate it when fans say oh he will never come here, we cant afford this, we cant afford that.

we need a winger,

we could try and bid for robinho or quaresma, but im realistically expected to go for Pederson? MY arse.

and like i said before and Asa just backed up, this curent tactic of balancing the books will kill us in the long run.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
asajoseph said:

We've not been relegated yet have we?

The team is stronger now that it was last year. Not because of signings, but because the younger players have all improved. That is the biggest step forward we've taken, but I guess it's not good unless there's a big price tag attached.
We'll have to wait and see regarding whether or not we're stronger as a team. All in all we still bare glaring weakness; Gallas and Rosicky (or central defence and left wing for those more emotional souls amongst us).

I agree going out and spending 10's of millions won't solve anything, but as the same time, we do need to make sure that we're making significant steps forwar in between balancing the books. i don't mind how those steps are made as long as they're made and to be quite honest, i don't see a left winger or a central defender.

Big_Cake

RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
asajoseph said:

:(
We both know I can't respond to that, you have complete power over my Arsenal Mania life :( I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of that mr.Mod.

awooga83

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:

Sorry big cake but that was well funny, i can just picture it, only a couple of sweets, now i'll give you the bag but i'm trusting you not to eat them all, then on the way home this is the last time we ever take you anywhere :lol:

Have to agree with the Casbah in that if you are a red member almost all league games you had a chance with.

Christofaux

thegames post on the previous page

When will you get the idea, we are trying to think the same way our manager thinks, who doesnt spend big money for a name. maybe you should holster your keyboard for a while and do some reading and actually think about the likelyhood of Arsenal signing one of your names.

If you want to post about quaresma and robinho theres a wish list in the transfers section for you. Outside of the wish list we try to be realistic. Not some fantasy world. We are also trying to look for players who can come in and be effective for us and not take half a season to get a goal on the board.

you said earlier despite pedersons stats being far greater then hleb and rosicky you would still play them both ahead of him. It shows you care only for the name and not for how they will actually benefit the club. Theres a big difference between the transfer money Real madrid and chelsea have compared to us. Wenger is too smart to blow it all on a fancy name.[/quote]

Big_Cake

thegame24 said:
dont be stupid if you want to say something to a mod say it.

This aint Nazi germany

If Sabre can be demoted for being 'sensationalist' then I am sure I can be for arguing/being rude to a mod!

What is the line drawn? I never know what to say

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
asajoseph said:

:(
We both know I can't respond to that, you have complete power over my Arsenal Mania life :( I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of that mr.Mod.

Not having a pop, just an observation- as the game says, you can say what you like to me- just make sure it's not too offensive otherwise I'll set Megatron on you...

thegame24

Established Member
put it this way

would you rather be demoted but have the satisfaction of what you want to say

or stay where you are and be another sheep

Big_Cake

thegame24 said:
put it this way

would you rather be demoted but have the satisfaction of what you want to say

or stay where you are and be another sheep

"It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Tbh I would rather be a sheep, because if I got banned or demoted it take for ever to get out of the lobby again, and I do enjoy Arsenal Mania.

What constitutes offensive though? Is there a thread that tells us what swearwords are allowed? Didn't Talentscout getted banned for calling us 'arragont B-words'?

AFCFan4Ever

I appreciate Freddie and everything he's done for the club but quite frankly, his comments are nothing but utter tripe...it's disgusting that he went this route.

It basically shows a lack of any class and shows that he's bitter for being past it and nothing being a part of Wenger's plans.

Why not just take the high road, thank the manager and the club for making you who you are, and move on?

Ridiculous.

Anyways moving on...Thomas Kahlenberg anyone?

Gurgen

Established Member
thegame24 said:
we could try and bid for robinho or quaresma, but im realistically expected to go for Pederson? MY arse.

Robinho is not a winger, Quaresma is a circus artist, not a footballer, Pedersen is ****.

Any other suggestions?

Arsenal_FAN1983

The Game24 I don't like your attitude, you want instant success, but fact of the matter is yes we have the stadium to pay off, but that doesn't mean we can't buy players as Edelman has said in his interview on arsenal.com.

Wenger has a long term plan, so just shut up, get behind the team and lets see what happens. Of course I want us to be successful and I believe we can be with the players we have, but they need time.

Big_Cake

AFCFan4Ever said:
I appreciate Freddie and everything he's done for the club but quite frankly, his comments are nothing but utter tripe...it's disgusting that he went this route.

It basically shows a lack of any class and shows that he's bitter for being past it and nothing being a part of Wenger's plans.

Why not just take the high road, thank the manager and the club for making you who you are, and move on?

Ridiculous.

Anyways moving on...Thomas Kahlenberg anyone?

who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom