• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
DC Gunner said:
thegame24 said:
striker and a winger of quality is what we need.

I agree eduardo will move wide, but that takes very long to adjust too, only players ive seen adapt perfectly to the premier league was juninho in his first season, klinsmann and Overmars
I remember reading somewhere that Eduardo has some experience in playing wide, but I could be wrong.
eduardo playing too wide out would be a mistake, especially when he is brought in to score goals and be a pacher for us.

anybody realise this transfer deal is very very weird?

normally arsenal players when leaving the club won't attend training sessions, and everything. just recently ljungberg and wenger confirms he is staying in the club. he attends training peacefully, happily and plays friendly matches. then all of a sudden he is gone.

could it be evil wenger cutting away players he don't want again?

thegame24

Established Member
He does, but after researching him i said that i believe he will be replacement for reyes.

I will not be suprised to see him out wide.

again ljungbergs sale possibly means wenger wil go 4 3 3.

it didnt work for united, wenger knows this, i feel he will try and base our game on Hollands total football.

In a way it already is, but the lack of wingers further enhances this.

I hope he makes a deal with real and somehow gets robinho.

Giga

arsenal_hleb said:
eduardo playing too wide out would be a mistake, especially when he is brought in to score goals and be a pacher for us.

normally arsenal players when leaving the club won't attend training sessions, and everything. just recently ljungberg and wenger confirms he is staying in the club. he attends training peacefully, happily and plays friendly matches. then all of a sudden he is gone.

could it be evil wenger cutting away players he don't want again?

It wasn't really Wenger's decision for him to leave though, was it? As far as I see t, it's Ljungberg that wanted to make the move.

air

This transfer brings up only positive vibes for me as I don't see any other option than buying a winger. Obviously we could end up buying someone who doesn't make it but surely Wenger must have a target who's capable of challenging for a first team spot? I had no belief left in Freddie to be honest, even as a utility man there's no point of having a player who plays as bad.

Captain

Established Member
Giga said:
It wasn't really Wenger's decision for him to leave though, was it? As far as I see t, it's Ljungberg that wanted to make the move.

Wenger wanted rid; if he didn't, Ljungberg would still be here.

DC Gunner

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
DC Gunner said:
thegame24 said:
striker and a winger of quality is what we need.

I agree eduardo will move wide, but that takes very long to adjust too, only players ive seen adapt perfectly to the premier league was juninho in his first season, klinsmann and Overmars
I remember reading somewhere that Eduardo has some experience in playing wide, but I could be wrong.
Eduardo playing too wide out would be a mistake, especially when he is brought in to score goals and be a poacher for us.
I am not sure, I am just guessing or trying to guess what Wenger is thinking; Maybe Eduardo is considered an option when counting options for Wingers if the need rises, that would still make us in need of a striker to cover for him if that option was ever utilized, I don't know

To me, It actually is only weird that we did not sell him earlier, when the season ended, I thought freddie would be one of the first "if not THE first" players to be let go of.

Glovegun

Established Member
The thing that majorly pisses me off is that even though we as Gooners know that had we wanted to keep hold of Freddie we would have (he just isnt good enough anymore unfortunately) the tabloid press will use this as another excuse to start 'Arsenal go into meltdown' headlines. Pricks. What next?

"Arsenal star Alexandre Song dramatically quit the Emirates last night in search of a club that matches his ambition, writes Mr.Speaksaloadabollocks"

With regards to Freddie's comments, its nothing. He has to find some way to justify leaving Arsenal, and he will never admit/ will never say that he is taking a step down because he cant hack it for a top team anymore. Harmless football speak.

Rohit

Established Member
Captain said:
Giga said:

Agreed, Ljungberg's left Arsenal for West Ham, a team that avoided relegation on the last day of the season, its not like he has gone to Milan. Reading his reasons for leaving was laughable i.e. he has gone to West Ham because Arsenal lacked ambition

thegame24

Established Member
one point he made thats true and really hurts, is when he says they are willing to spend money on experience to mix with the youth.

asajoseph

Established Member
:lol: Glovegun...

Wenger obviously was happy to let Freddie walk - if he wasn't, he'd have asked for a lot more than £3million for him.

But I very much doubt he 'forced him out' either - if he'd wanted to do that, he'd have been gone ages ago, and we wouldn't have been faffing around flying him to and from Austria.

I just hope that Wenger's got a replacement in mind, and will act very, very quickly. Because right now, our wings are in a similar state to the centre of our midfield in 2005/06 - lots of options on paper, but lots of players covering several positions, and not a lot of flexibility in practice.

scruzgooner

Lord Dula said:
And I have to strongly disagree with you. Selling Freddie is one of the best things the club could do in this summers transfer market.

It frees up wages, it will allow Theo more playing time, and you have to admit, Freddie is no longer good enough for us. I'd go as far to say that Diaby is better on the wing than him, so an overpaid squad player was not what we need.
i agree with this. at £70K/wk that's something on the order of £3.5 million we're saving on his wages, plus the £3 million transfer fee. bring in someone for that combined total and we've (a) moved backwards a tiny bit by subtraction (losing a somewhat able squad player and backup), but (b) moved forward a lot in the potential development of theo and (c) the possibility now of mr. wenger really bringing in a winger (said possibility was pretty remote, it seemed, before freddy left).

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
arsenal_hleb said:
everybody who don't knows arsenal well or ljungberg well would say arsenal would fall apart after their legend leaves.

ljungberg alone said we are going backwards and won't win anything so he left. yeah, but after he leaves our chances go up

I wholeheartedly disagree.
It would have been better to keep him as a squad player, he is a good utility man, was pointless selling him. Utterly pointless.

Keep repeating pointless if it makes you feel better, I can't help but think you're missing the, um, point...

We got £3m for a evidently knackered, very limited footballer- with that we have knocked a huge amount off the wage bill.

Freddie left Arsenal because we hadn't delivered? Bollocks, Freddie left Arsenal cos he's past his best and he's been offered 60k per week for 4 years. End of.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Freddie is being irrational here , if we signed world class players , he'd have less chance than Flamini of ever getting a game.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Captain said:
Giga said:

does it really matter either way? hes gone now and in all likelihood well the better off for it.

Captain

Established Member
He made similar comments about two years ago; when he realised that the player signed at the time would be taking his place (Hleb) he never mentioned it again.

Arsenal_Soldier

qs said:
Arsenal_Soldier said:
Hmmmm, now that freddie's gone, does anyone beleive that Tevez still may be on the cards?

:|

Seriously, f**k off.

I respect your posting around here mate, but there's no need for that surely.

I am allowed to dream, tevez saga comes to an apparent stalemate and a day after eggert says tevez will leave, we do a deal with west ham. Not that 'out there'.

kazu

somehow i have a feeling that we are not getting a winger before the season starts, theo will probably play there.

if the modric rumour is true, wenger will probably wait till the transfer window reopens before he comes.

kind of disruptive if you ask me but i can't think of a winger he will sign now.. :(

thegame24

Established Member
this tevez saga aint over tbh

If its found west ham own him, hed be much cheaper.

If west ham dont own him, they should be relegated and man u also shouldnt be allowed to get him

very weird.

the dawn raids

Established Member
so? with all that going on why would we want anything to do with him, let alone how much hell cost either way?

frankly theres a better chance of me signing for arsenal. and i havent even touched a ball in a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom