• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christofaux

thegame... take a good look at your "buying big players" and think when was the last time Arsène did that? Being a realist is the key.

from this article http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?c ... LeagueNews

It seems that Freddy still loves the club, but he knew his time here was up. He wanted to go to West Ham to build a new club... i would think your all over reacting saying he is *****ing and moaning.

quattro

goodbye freddie and thanks for the memories. i can try to understand his sentiments even though i can't always sympathize. he was a great servant to the club and i personally wish him luck at west ham.

_scorpion_

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
so which of freddie's comments are so hard to swallow then? it can't be:
"Two years ago when I signed my last contract [at Arsenal] we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club. Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe. For me that didn't really happen.

as this is pretty much how most fans think as well.

QFT.

What do people want him to say?
Half the people in this forum have been screaming for him to leave/ cut his wages etc etc....

As far as I'm concerned he has said nothing wrong.

Again, just double standards from people who log into this site for a whinge then expect the players to be robots.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I'd like to know where are all the muppets that were spouting shlt about Gallas a few weeks ago?

Ljunbergs done nothing different and most people were saying Ljunberg was 'a loyal servant of the club'.

All this proves is Ljunberg (just like Gallas & Henry) is human and wanted quality around him so he can collect trophies before his best years pass him.

kooldawg

Established Member
Agreed, don't see anything wrong with his comments. Seems to me that a lot of promises that couldn't be kept were made to the players and what we're seeing now is a by-product of the failure to keep up to those promises. If you want to stay on the top you need to continue making needed investments in the team, if that means splashing the cash once then we should do it.

kamikaze80

Established Member
nothing wrong with freddies comments here either. in fact, i thought they were very honest and balanced. i'm sad that his injuries prevented him from replicating his form from 01/02. also sucks that he wont be getting a testimonial.

i hope he gets a rocking welcome when he comes back to get beat at the emirates. maybe one more round of his song for old times sake (i know how some of you feel about singing for opposition players, but whatever, theres a place for nostalgia and we never got the chance to properly send him off).

cescthebest

What a fantastic news, he can complain all he wants but he did not help the team achieve anything in the last couple of years, fantastic business by Arsène, hopefully we will get a decent winger.

dos1986

Established Member
"When I spoke to Arsène Wenger, he wanted me to stay," Ljungberg added.

"But, at the same time, I feel it had to be something very, very special for me to leave."

Arsenal have no ambition said Freddie Ljundberg

We do actually

We sold you to improve the squad

:lol:

thegame24

Established Member
hope its true that we sold him

arsenal mania no less has an article looking at wenger saying how important ljungberg is to us.

awooga83

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
QFT.

Half the people in this forum have been screaming for him to leave/ cut his wages etc etc....

Again, just double standards from people who log into this site for a whinge then expect the players to be robots.

I want him to be professional thats what he gets or got paid for. He doesn't have to even talk about Arsenal but if he wants to there is no need to speak in negative terms and have a sly dig. Him saying what he did to the press does not change anything for him all it does is expose Arsenal as, in his words liars. It may be true but airing it now does nothing except score him points as to why he has taken a possible step down.

The stuff about trophies and competing as well is ludicrous he wants to compete hence leaving Arsenal so he has gone to West Ham. That doesn't add up to me, no one in their right mind would leave for the reasons he gave and then go to West Ham. All adds up to a player who realised he wasn't as crucial as he once was had no other offers and felt he had to leave and had a pop on his way out.

Aussie

Established Member
Well ive been in Vietnam for the past month so Arsenal news has been of a complete minimum to me apart from the occasional internet cafe visit so ive been hit with a heap all of a sudden.

I always loved Freddie to bits. His glory days are over at Arsenal however and im sure he understands that and its a pretty good deal for all parties I think. No complaints from me and im sure he will get a pretty good reception when he returns to the Grove.

Some ****ing quality memories, great goals and I always enjoyed watching him drinking a bottle of Champagne by himself when ever we win anything.

_scorpion_

Established Member
awooga83 said:
_scorpion_ said:
QFT.

I want him to be professional thats what he gets or got paid for. He doesn't have to even talk about Arsenal but if he wants to there is no need to speak in negative terms and have a sly dig. Him saying what he did to the press does not change anything for him all it does is expose Arsenal as, in his words liars. It may be true but airing it now does nothing except score him points as to why he has taken a possible step down.

The stuff about trophies and competing as well is ludicrous he wants to compete hence leaving Arsenal so he has gone to West Ham. That doesn't add up to me, no one in their right mind would leave for the reasons he gave and then go to West Ham. All adds up to a player who realised he wasn't as crucial as he once was had no other offers and felt he had to leave and had a pop on his way out.

Utter rubbish.

You know as well as i do we won't be competing for trophies this year. whether we improve as a team is a different matter.

Ljunberg wanted his pay packet and wanted to stay in London AND didnt think Arsenal were going to be the Arsenal he was 'used to'.

That's the reality. Just like Henry & Gallas and Cesc . None of these players was confident about our chances - Cesc was the only player Arsène talked to becuase of his age and valuue to the team.

Henry's was a personal matter that was always going to end in Barcelona.

Don't blame the messanger in Ljunberg - he's just delivering the news. If you want a witch hunting excerise start in the boardroom where the 3 wise monkey's are making a circus out of a footballing institution.

awooga83

Established Member
Whats this crap about the Arsenal he was used to, so he will find that at West Ham will he?

You mention Ljungberg as the messenger but why on the day he ends his association with Arsenal the one time his words will not make a difference does he choose to air his views, the circumstances he did it are what makes it look like a sly dig. Freddie is at West Ham because he wasn't quite good enough for us anymore and we let/forced him to move clubs. We may well not be challenging for trophies but West Ham will be challenging for less then us so why has he moved there if that is his logic. Why has he not taken the step up to a better club.

The reason is no better club would want him , perhaps he will find it difficult to accept but he is not as good as he once was that why he has left us he can delude himself about the lack of ambition being the reason, but his lack of impact in the team over the past two seasons is behind it. He needs to be able to answer though why in many peoples eyes take the step down. He can't say i'm not good enough so this is his reason in order to save some face.

awooga83

Established Member
I appreciate that mate, originally I said I was disappointed in his comments they were not neccessary and were more directed at putting us down which they don't have to be he could have just talked up West Ham and coming from a player who spent as much time here as him i was disappointed in him.

_scorpion_

Established Member
awooga83 said:
Whats this crap about the Arsenal he was used to, so he will find that at West Ham will he?

You mention Ljungberg as the messenger but why on the day he ends his association with Arsenal the one time his words will not make a difference does he choose to air his views, the circumstances he did it are what makes it look like a sly dig. Freddie is at West Ham because he wasn't quite good enough for us anymore and we let/forced him to move clubs. We may well not be challenging for trophies but West Ham will be challenging for less then us so why has he moved there if that is his logic. Why has he not taken the step up to a better club.

The reason is no better club would want him , perhaps he will find it difficult to accept but he is not as good as he once was that why he has left us he can delude himself about the lack of ambition being the reason, but his lack of impact in the team over the past two seasons is behind it. He needs to be able to answer though why in many peoples eyes take the step down. He can't say i'm not good enough so this is his reason in order to save some face.

Sorry you are way off the mark again.

Indeed Ljunberg left Arsenal because Arsène wouldnt stop him (you can read that as Arsène not thinking much of Freddie). But at the end of the day, he wasn't pushed or asked to leave. He wasn't told to reduce his wages either.

He was part of the plan this season - and made the choice to follow Henry and leave.

Why WH has already been answered.

Why no other big clubs in for him has been answered too - his wages, age & injuries.

One last question for you - what makes you think we will finishe above WH this year? You must be pretty confident with what we have assembled.

Personally I think were thin on experience, directness and height. The same issues that caused us problems last season don't seem to be addressed.

dos1986

Established Member
Its a sad day for the modern Arsenal as we know it...

The break up of a once great side is complete...

The great team of the past consisting of pires, henry, ljunberg, vieira, bergkamp etc...is gone...A team that was feared throughout the land and brought ous great domestic success is gone...that flair,skill and fusion of pace and power is gone...

Its been replaced by walcott, adebayor, van persie etc... Despite this clear drop in quality, many of the fellow arsenal fans I listen to everyday talk of winning the league this season....
:roll:

How did it come to this?

_scorpion_

Established Member
awooga83 said:
I appreciate that mate, originally I said I was disappointed in his comments they were not neccessary and were more directed at putting us down which they don't have to be he could have just talked up West Ham and coming from a player who spent as much time here as him i was disappointed in him.

So after winning titles for us, playing in an unbeaten side, can you not see why this Arsenal side was 'not what he was used to?'

Also, can you not see why Freddie would be disappointed to hear (from lots of Arsenal supporters the last 2 years) that he should move on?

You can't have it both ways.

What he said was nothing more than the truth and it's exactly what many players have been saying the last 6 months.

Why do people get so annoyed at what the players say when they really should be annoyed about why they say these things?

awooga83

Established Member
I don't think he was forced totally but i can imagine Wenger saying you will play more a squad role or perhaps not even that, maybe a utility player and he felt he had to move because of that.

My point on West Ham are the reasons he gave for leaving do not tally up with his actual choice of club, thats why i take issue as to why they were then used.

The experience for the team I don't think is a problem most of the players have had over 2 seasons playing in the league and champions league, if they can't step up now when ever will they. The squad is still quite thin and I believe we need another winger but then I believe that something will be done about that.

As for finishing above West Ham I don't think they will be in the top 5 and I feel we certainly will be even with our problems and weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom