• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

All I know is that if Freddie leaves, we're gonna be pretty short on decent terrace songs...

Viper

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Playing Modric wide right wouldn't be an improvent on Hleb. Modric is at his best when he plays in central midfield.
At least he has a good shot on him unlike Hleb, who probably would still pass the ball than shoot if his life depended on it.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Don't worry about our Freddy .. the guy is going to heaven. Have you seen Florence? It is stunning, with some of the coolest ,most gorgeous restaurants, bars and generally fantastic renaisance stuff - it is out there..

If there was a great place to be a celebrity 30 yo with well known undies ... that is it. The girls .. Man.

30k a week to live there? I am sure he will love it.

burnsjed

Established Member
It was noticeable while watching a compliation of Freddie's goals on youtube yesterday, how many incredible assists the Dutch Master had.
I always used to say that Freddie was pretty useless unless he had Bergie playing with him, no disprespect to Freddie, just that Dennis had the vision to utilise him.

number_0

Established Member
Even though freddie dropped in form, he was still a handy player to have around, i thought he did in the later part of the season against west ham and bolton, before he went out again.
and that pass for Ade's offside goal at WHL was class.
but if we have a replacement lined up i am all for him leaving, but if not :roll:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Fiorentina offer players, cash for Arsenal's Ljungberg
tribalfooball.com - July 11, 2007

Fiorentina are offering cash plus a player for Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg.
La Nazione says Fiorentina yesterday offered £5 million plus one of Valeri Bojinov or Per Kroldrup in exchange for the Swede.

The stumbling block could for Ljungberg's wages, with Fiorentina only prepared to offer him a deal worth a clear £700,000-a-year less than what he earns with the Gunners.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Grampus_Eight said:
There is of course the possibility that Freddie will be re-juvenated in Tuscany and score 8-10 goals next season. However, that seems very remote and even if it were to happen - right now, the best decision for Arsenal football club seems clear.

he could score that if played as a winger/striker, doesn't Fiorentina play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gurgen said:
I don't for a second believe they offered 5m + Bojinov for Freddie. Surely nobody is that stupid?

A straight swap would be marvellous don't you think? any objections?

marco

burnsjed said:
It was noticeable while watching a compliation of Freddie's goals on youtube yesterday, how many incredible assists the Dutch Master had.
I always used to say that Freddie was pretty useless unless he had Bergie playing with him, no disprespect to Freddie, just that Dennis had the vision to utilise him.

yep definitely.
the move vs juve epitomises that.. what skill by dennis to put freddy through.
i also found he and pires didnt always play great together and there best form was when the other was injured

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
maybe there are still clubs that highly rates ljungberg. he is 28/29 right? he might be rated at his peak :lol:

straight swap would already be good, 5m + bojinov would be deal of the century. do we have the option to choose other players? fiorentina has good wingers :)

oh and latest news is that ljungberg agent confirms he is on the verge of leaving arsenal. another of our oldies leaves, which i surprisingly feels sudden sadness about him leaving.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
If Wenger somehow gets £5M + Bojinov for Freddie, the Board should give him a 20 year contract for as much money as he wants plus a stake of ownership in the Club.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
MDGoonah41 said:
If Wenger somehow gets £5M + Bojinov for Freddie, the Board should give him a 20 year contract for as much money as he wants plus a stake of ownership in the Club.
If he did it would be a miracle, we would be lucky to get Mil for him. :lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
marco you must be sad that finally ljungberg leaves arsenal.

although i am the one who always thinks ljungberg is better of leaving and that we are better off with others than ljungberg, i feel very sad. unexplainable.

maybe its because freddie has always been a loyal and fantastic servant. we are officially without any 2002 players correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom