• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

run

As discussed interminably in other threads; the 40 million pound loan facility is simply a financial guarantee from our lending institutions that any future transfer payments up to that amount will be made.

That doesn't mean that we have 40 million laying around, though it does suggest our financial position is fairly strong. Banks wouldn't make that guarantee if we weren't good for it.

_scorpion_

Established Member
run said:
As discussed interminably in other threads; the 40 million pound loan facility is simply a financial guarantee from our lending institutions that any future transfer payments up to that amount will be made.

That doesn't mean that we have 40 million laying around, though it does suggest our financial position is fairly strong. Banks wouldn't make that guarantee if we weren't good for it.

It's secured against potential gate takings. Even then, it is calculated at a rate akin to the club having a poor season and not filling the staduim out week in week out for 5 years. It's prepared on a worst case scenario to prevent the club using the fiunds irresponsibly.

But yeah, your right - it's a draw down facility - not a wad of cash lying around for a rainy day. Anything we draw - we pay interest on.

It's a bit of a myth to say we have 40 million pounds for transfers because Arsène wouldnt normally borrow money to fund the purchase & wage costs of players.

We buy - after we sell. Simple economics and frustrating as hell.

run

Very frustrating...but in the long run it is best for the club. I think it is clear that while we aren't the richest club in the world we do have money to spend if Arsène really wants to. He just doesn't want to.

I have no doubt that if Arsène told the board to do it, they would spend 30 million on Eto'o or whoever. But he would never do that. And I'm glad. I'm glad. I just have to keep telling myself...I'm glad.

number_0

Established Member
Why are people so concerened about the wages freddie gets, its not like you open your wallet and see £70k missing and you say out of instinct: ****ing freddie!!
you shouldnt concern about what the players earn, especially after we let go of a £150k a week player, so offering high wages wont be a problem imo

banduan

Established Member
number_0 said:
Why are people so concerened about the wages freddie gets, its not like you open your wallet and see £70k missing and you say out of instinct: f****g freddie!!
you shouldnt concern about what the players earn, especially after we let go of a £150k a week player, so offering high wages wont be a problem imo

Uh... because it's wages we could give a different player? :?

Paddy from Sweden

Why do media always believe that players can't lower their wages and especially when they're as in Ljungberg's case is starting to head down that career hill. He's 30 for f**k's sake why would he not be willing to lower the wage? It's not really out of question that he would is it. :roll:

Viper

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
No time for sentiment.

If Henry can be shown the door , I have no qualms about Freddie.

Loved him when he was at his best but that was 3 years ago!

I think Arsène is clearing out the old guard to unshackle the youngsters & new additions.
I completely agree.

longrufus

Established Member
Just back from a bit of a holiday to find we could sell Freddie on for 5/6million.

Wow.. just wow!

What a great piece of buisness that would be. I doubt the Bojinov rumors have any truth behind them, although he'd be a great addition.

To be honest, with Freddie leaving, Wenger must have plans to bring in a wide player. Which is reason to look up.

Zico

Established Member
I am sure that Citeh will be willing to pay most of what Ljunberg currently earns. Sven could even install him as captain - he would be the most accomplished player at Citeh. I guess this would rule out a bid for SWP although Ljunberg could play on the left if the midget returned.

I just hope we conclude this Ljunberg sale before Thaksin goes to jail. We don't need any Tevez-style sagas on top of our miserable summer.

Arsenal_Soldier

If Wenger were to get Bojinov out of this deal, it would be the greatest bit of business ever. The guy is pure quality.

Though Im not getting my hopes up.

KY

Established Member
how would this turn out to be tevez style saga? no third involved that's for sure. Elaborate? i'm curious...

anyways. 6 million is definitely worth the sale. I couldn't even sell him for 2 in FM!!!
:D

Big_Cake

The last few seasons really have made a lasitng impression on me. The transission from the old Arsenal to the new has been quicker than from the Adams days to the Henry ones, if you get my drift.
In the last few seasons we have lost Lauren, Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp, Campbell, Keown, Ljungberg (maybe) and Henry. That was the spine of our team and then some in the early milennium (sp). Sad. Very Sad.

Ljungberg is the last of the old gaurd save Toure.
Some of your attitudes to Freddie real make me sad/angry all these jokes about how you would love to get rid. FFS he has been very loyal for us, and was a fantastic player. Many of you have short memories and should feel ashamed.

marco

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
marco said:
burnsjed said:
It was noticeable while watching a compliation of Freddie's goals on youtube yesterday, how many incredible assists the Dutch Master had.
I always used to say that Freddie was pretty useless unless he had Bergie playing with him, no disprespect to Freddie, just that Dennis had the vision to utilise him.

yep definitely.
the move vs juve epitomises that.. what skill by dennis to put freddy through.
i also found he and pires didnt always play great together and there best form was when the other was injured

you joking....pires and him always played well together. pires used to set him up bare times

Pires and henry were great together make each other tick
freddy and dennis were the same..

pires best form was when freddy was injured and vice versa..

yep im sad to see him go but if wenger feels it time to move him on then completely understand..
last of the players to truly care about the club though

Rohit

Established Member
If Freddie goes and with Reyes certain to go, surely Wenger has a wide player lined up. Babel is going to Liverpool, Guadardo who has been impressive in Copa America signed for Depor, Gouffran looks like a right winger and Walcott looked much better on the right than on the left. Is there no genuine and good left sided winger?

KY

Established Member
Question for forum moderators: Why do we need two threads on ljungberg: one in transfer talk and one in main arsenal talk. Understandable if you want to separate discussing ljungberg and his supposed move into two separate threads. but the way i see it, both threads are discussing the same thing now. and these two topics are inevitably linked. one thread would be enough, especially for a more collective opinion don't you think?

Zico

Established Member
KY said:
how would this turn out to be tevez style saga? no third involved that's for sure. Elaborate? i'm curious...

anyways. 6 million is definitely worth the sale. I couldn't even sell him for 2 in FM!!!
:D

Just meant a drawn out transfer that distracts both teams. If this Tevez saga continues for at least another week I think it could affect morale and planning at United.

Citeh could be in for a disaster if the courts back home rule that Thaksin needs to pay and/or go to jail for his corruption. We need to conclude business quickly in case it emerges Thaksin could be punished.

Plus if we sell Freddie early then we can focus our efforts on finishing replacements. Remember we will have lost Freddie, Henry, Baptista/Reyes, Aliadiere. Our only replacements are Eduardo and Bendtner.

longrufus

Established Member
Gouffran is a great young player, and would be a great addition but wouldn't be ready to make much of an impact next season. We need to bring in a player who has the ability to make the difference right away, Quaresma maybe.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
is quaresma still a viable option for us? i hope so.

apparently we hasnt even have a concrete interest in him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom