• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longrufus

Established Member
Just Wenger being Wenger to be honest. Sounds like Freddie at present isnt going anywhere as there hasnt been a big enough offer to accept. Wenger is happy with the squad at the minute but if Freddie leaves, we will get someone in for sure.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
I can't see him going anywhere at the minute, if he is happy to play a bit part he could see his contract out, I would like to see him gone and bring in another winger but can't see it happening, still you never know. :wink:

Glovegun

Established Member
£6m + would be a superb deal for Freddie. Anything too small (eg £2m) just isnt worth it, as the transfer fee fails to offset what you lose in the player. The reason I think that Freddie will fetch such a good price is because he still has an extremely good reputation. Mention his name to any other Premiership fan and they will be incredibly enthusiastic over him. Just as with some of the last generation, people outside of Arsenal don't seem to have cottoned onto the fact that he is, to all intents and purposes, finished. For example, when (?) he leaves, the press will not point out that he left because he was no longer really a first-team regular, and hadnt scored for 2 years, but instead will use it as evidence that rats are leaving a stinking ship. But if it helps us get a few extra quid fair enough.

Artillero

Fiorentina have explained their views and why Bojinov is for sale.

-Both Giampaolo Pazzini and Bojinov have deals than run out in 2009. Fiorentina have offered both new longterm contracts which Pazzini opened talks about but Bojinov rejected talks as he does not yet know if Fiorentina is his longterm future.

Fiorentina are building a new team without Toni and want it to be longterm and settled so put him on the transfer list. A swap for Roma's Vucinic is being rumoured.

marco

coming out and saying he wont play for another premiership club.
what a ****ing legend the guy is..

arsenal through and through..

Glovegun

Established Member
just updated on the website:

Wenger says it is 90% certain that Freddie will be at Arsenal at the start of the season. Make of that what you will.

True Gooner

Established Member
marco said:
coming out and saying he wont play for another premiership club.
what a f****g legend the guy is..

arsenal through and through..

Nice to hear that. I know many may say that "hes just saying that because he wont getting the same salary elsewhere etc etc...."

Although I hope he puts the money where his mouth is though, he can say what he wants but if he doesnt play then he can go -

Twisted

Jinn

Established Member
Ergh, Myles reading into things too much I would think. He's probably getting there another way.

jay-d

Established Member
This is Freddie not Dennis. Anyway like you said with Myles you can't ever rely on his authenticity but if it's true then I'd take that as a very big sign that Freddie is off.

Endris

I got info from someone that Ljungberg has been meeting friends in Sweden the last couple of days so he will probably take a flight from Sweden to Austria instead of returning to London and taking the flight with the team.

gunner_down_under

I for one am happy that Freddie is staying. He's been off the boil for over 2 years now, but he's got experience, and he's got balls. Thats something we need badly.

choi12911

Freddie Ljungberg wants a £6m pay-off from Arsenal before he leaves the Emirates Stadium. (Daily Star)

What? :?:

banduan

Established Member
More like we'd have to pay him that cos of his contract.

Myles is right in hindsight, but there was no way we could have known back then he was gonna tank, when Bergster had picked himself back up so well.

marco

choi12911 said:
Freddie Ljungberg wants a £6m pay-off from Arsenal before he leaves the Emirates Stadium. (Daily Star)

haha the daily star! if we listened to them we would have babel, ribery, tevez and anelka

siddharth

I'm not sure about the 6m thing but it's going to be a reasonably big pay off if we want to get rid of freddie. How dein and wenger with his statistical analysis would advocate a 4 year deal for a player who had been average for 2 seasons before that is difficult to understand. I guess this is going to get as annoying as the reyes transfer.

What is with our club and letting many players leave on a free ? Wiltord , edu , kanu , campbell and now freddie !!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
choi12911 said:

If that's true and he refuses to leave at all cost, he'd prepare to feature most of the reserve games.

asajoseph

Established Member
It pretty much underlines Wenger's policy of giving 1 year contracts to 30+ players, doesn't it.

Freddie's just old before his time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom