• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiiphunn

Established Member
asajoseph said:
stiiphunn said:
asajoseph said:
Well, no, it wasn't - but beating Bolton on our own patch was a lot of fun for those of us who were there.

And, as I said, going a goal down against our bogey team, and coming back to win 2-1 counts as 'grinding' in my book.

We weren't a goal down I think.
If my memory's correct, we scored first then Beasley equalised and then Cesc scored to make it 2-1...
That was Man City, who I believe we beat 3-1.

Oops- you're right. My bad.

cescthebest

asajoseph said:
Well, no, it wasn't - but beating Bolton on our own patch was a lot of fun for those of us who were there.

And, as I said, going a goal down against our bogey team, and coming back to win 2-1 counts as 'grinding' in my book.

Opps my bad, i thought you were talking about the FA cup tie :eek:ops:

gooner_singh

This is getting silly now, world class players, how many world class players will be on the market that we need, hmmm think before you answer that one. I am sorry to say but fm mentality has creeped in amongst a lot of people, how many teams have bought world class players this summer apart from bacra buying Henry. Its not as easy to just say yeah he is a big name, plays in the position we need so yeah lets go out and spend big, just do not see the point.

Arsenal dont buy world class players, they make players world class. How many defenders would you have over Kolo in the league, left back over clichy, centre mid over Cesc. Guess what these boys were not known to many when they came to Arsenal and now they are worshipped, then again I am all for buying players that would seriously increase the quality in the team where we most need it, but problem is many of them are not available and the ones that are might not necessarily be any better than what we have.

Give the team a chance, see what happens, whether we buy more players or if someone comes up through reserves, remember cesc and his first prem game against everton, if its all gloom and doom for most gunners in january then we can have a ***** about wenger and his team, for now relax enjoy the summer and look forward to some nice football.

marco

Adebayor= kanu
And diaby= Vieira are nothing to do with the way they look
Its to do with styles..
We missed kanu’s presence hugely and vieiras-
Kanu would come on as sub and teams would have at least 2men marking the guy,, don’t get that with adebayor
Diaby and Vieira – are like chalk and cheese,, Vieira= instant impact + mr consistent
I like diaby but he still has a long way to go.

Id have parlour in the squad without a doubt and I hated wiltord but id even accept his versatility and goals have been missed.
Hleb is supposed to be our playmaker and reason I compared him to pires was that he was our playmaker/ and midfield goal machine.+ spending 8m on germany’s finest you would expect better.
In 2 years hleb has got fewer assists+ goals then pires did in one season.- ok henry was injured for part of it but there is no comparing the quality.

Only player has has really been replaced is cole – clichy was excellent last season and troare looks a wonderful prospect.

At the end of the day in 2004 we were a few games off winning a treble.- luck wasn’t on our side as it was united 1999.. and since then we dismantled a team and been nowhere near since

ronitc

marco said:
So pires 15 goals a season havent been missed
or wiltords versatility and important goals
or parlour strength in the middle
or laurens stength, and the fact no one ever beat him twice.
or kanu's mere presence as a sub when your winning who can hold the ball up..

it was the stenght that these players had.
how many times did we get bullied with the likes of vieira, lauren keown in our team??
like the nil nill at old trafford in 2003-04 season grinding the result out.

the players we have replaced like for like havent been good enough

helb for pires
diaby for vieira
adebayor for kanu
no one for wiltord or parlour

when was the last time we ground out a result???

are you thick? where did I say we haven't missed 15 goals a season from pires or the romferd pele's tireless running and lauren's strength?

I said that WHEN the players left our club they were well on their way down, meaning they didn't offer us what they previously had. Would it have been nice to keep them for their experience? Sure, but they wanted to play first team football every week and they were never going to get that here. Pires when he left, and Pires now would never score 15 goals for us. Do you have a short memory or are you forgetting how exasperating Kanu really was in his last season with us. He didn't play much at all and when he did he wasn't very good.

The player comparisons you've made are a bit stupid too as you haven't compared like for like:

Rosicky for Pires -> Rosicky is a better player now than Pires was when he left the club, albeit an equally injury prone one.

Cesc for Vieira -> necessitates a change in our style of play but arguably more effective if looking at pure stats. doesn't drive us forward like paddy but 16 assists last season is far from poor.

Wiltord for Reyes -> Reyes is a better player than Wiltord but his head wasn't in it. How's that Wenger's fault?

Lauren for Eboue -> As of right now Eboue is the better right back, and we don't know how good Sagna will be. Probably pretty good.

Parlour for Flamini -> Okay, you got me here. Flamini is as mediocre as they come. Kind of like Parlour before Wenger's arrival. Not that I'm saying Flamini actually has any latent talent.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
sad to see him go but it was for the better. wish him well, and lets hope this gives Sweden a PL captain for a few more years (in reality a squadplayer for arsenal would have given him more rest = better for Sweden but hey)

marco

ronitc said:
marco said:
So pires 15 goals a season havent been missed
or wiltords versatility and important goals
or parlour strength in the middle
or laurens stength, and the fact no one ever beat him twice.
or kanu's mere presence as a sub when your winning who can hold the ball up..

it was the stenght that these players had.
how many times did we get bullied with the likes of vieira, lauren keown in our team??
like the nil nill at old trafford in 2003-04 season grinding the result out.

the players we have replaced like for like havent been good enough

helb for pires
diaby for vieira
adebayor for kanu
no one for wiltord or parlour

when was the last time we ground out a result???

are you thick? where did I say we haven't missed 15 goals a season from pires or the romferd pele's tireless running and lauren's strength?

I said that WHEN the players left our club they were well on their way down, meaning they didn't offer us what they previously had. Would it have been nice to keep them for their experience? Sure, but they wanted to play first team football every week and they were never going to get that here. Pires when he left, and Pires now would never score 15 goals for us. Do you have a short memory or are you forgetting how exasperating Kanu really was in his last season with us. He didn't play much at all and when he did he wasn't very good.

The player comparisons you've made are a bit stupid too as you haven't compared like for like:

Rosicky for Pires -> Rosicky is a better player now than Pires was when he left the club, albeit an equally injury prone one.

Cesc for Vieira -> necessitates a change in our style of play but arguably more effective if looking at pure stats. doesn't drive us forward like paddy but 16 assists last season is far from poor.

Wiltord for Reyes -> Reyes is a better player than Wiltord but his head wasn't in it. How's that Wenger's fault?

Lauren for Eboue -> As of right now Eboue is the better right back, and we don't know how good Sagna will be. Probably pretty good.

Parlour for Flamini -> Okay, you got me here. Flamini is as mediocre as they come. Kind of like Parlour before Wenger's arrival. Not that I'm saying Flamini actually has any latent talent.

pires wouldnt have scored 15 goals last year??

if he had been at the club..he would have taken the piss out of **** like villa, pompey west ham and the hatful we missed..

we havent replaced the players i mentioned above.. and its been 3 years
this squad is one of the weakest we have had going into a season.

1 world class player in fabregas and thats truly it

marco

qs said:
marco said:
Id have parlour in the squad without a doubt

Thats a bit romantic isn't it? Rays a legend but he's well past it.

i mean a parlour when he left who could do a job that he could.
that sort of player hasnt been replaced..
even id admit he wouldnt get in now not even above hleb!

number_0

Established Member
what can i say about freddie really?
good riddence and thanks for all your magnificance in our 3 generation at arsenal, but in the last three years he only played well against bolton, but that wasnt enough.
the team we have now imo has the potential to be the best arsenal team ever, even better than the invincibles if we make a few smart buys.
ever since cesc emerged we changed our style of play, we've seen a drop in quality in the individuals but a rise in the group in general.
back then teams stopped us buy marking one or two players, now the only way to stop the arsenal is with the 9-1-1 formation.
as long as we replace freddie and flamini with decent players i think we are all set and bye bye 0-1 and hello 4-1

qs

Established Member
marco said:
qs said:
marco said:

Well thats the point. Players get older or they move on. Sometimes theres nothing you can do about it. Wengers tried to replace people but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Look at Reyes for example. People say Wenger will never spend big but he did their and it completely backfired and we're likely to lose alot of money over it. However had it worked out our left wing would be sorted and we'd ahve been better last season and we'd be going into this season in a much better position.

Hleb clearly hasn't been as effective as Wenger would've hoped. Gallas hasn't, Baptista wasn't, Rosicky hasn't. How many of us were critical when those players were added?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
too much of a risk imo...a lot of the players we have brought in havent settled and it doesnt help when wenger is chopping up the squad too compared to years back when he didnt at pires,henry,freddies arrival...the sqaud then was settled and had a lot of experience
tbh as i said, this season can go as Arsène planned and how we hope; winning a major trophy or it can go pearshaped and end up being a disastrous one long before its finished
theres not much we an do other than sit back and watch, we all know what is required for our squad but lets just watch and relax for a change
i know its hard as we havent won anything for years, and obviously, negativity is being felt as we all want to win again

Biggus

Established Member
marco said:

So it's come to this. :(

marco

qs said:
marco said:
qs said:
marco said:

Well thats the point. Players get older or they move on. Sometimes theres nothing you can do about it. Wengers tried to replace people but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Look at Reyes for example. People say Wenger will never spend big but he did their and it completely backfired and we're likely to lose alot of money over it. However had it worked out our left wing would be sorted and we'd ahve been better last season and we'd be going into this season in a much better position.

Hleb clearly hasn't been as effective as Wenger would've hoped. Gallas hasn't, Baptista wasn't, Rosicky hasn't. How many of us were critical when those players were added?

yep thats right..
the annoying thing has been that the players that have come in unfortunately havent lived had the same effect as their predecessors.

hopefully in time they will but i look at someone like hleb after 2 seasons + compare it to fred + pires first 2 years at the club and its unreal.
But more than anything where are the players who will get us out of a hole when the chips are down..+ we are playing crap
only fabregas and rvp have shown anything like being that sort of player
when does this current team ever play badly and win..
villa is about the only time i remember last season..

we need the winning mentality back something that a lot of the players in the 04 team had.. and bar rvp, gallas, fabregas and jens no-one of this seems to have..
to hammer teams when we are on top in the way united did last year

Nutsy

Established Member
banduan said:
Titi takes a wee snipe at Fred's choice of club:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... tot128.xml

Plus the headline enarly made me weep. Luckily I am macho beyond belief.

Macho or not mate, that grounds for total craziness. "I missed Sp**s? The Boos?" Bloody hell, Have Thierry gone off the rocker? To put it in another way, I suppose he misses the Rivalries. That he may not experience full time in Barca. but Come on, Sp**s?

Yeah Right Thierry, if you missed everything, why'd ya leave then? :roll: I've defended him in the past, but now, I really hope he stops. It's getting too old now.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I'm getting rather tired of Henry trying to justify his departure, now at Llungberg's expense.

Lungberg behaved like a **** but was doing what he thought was right, by bigging up his new club.

He could hardly say :-

"I'm off because I'm a 30 year old international captain and model playing second reserve in a team full of teenagers, and it's embarrasing, but I hear Dr Eggman pays a decent wedge so here I am!"

Henry on the other hand was our captain and spent the whole of last season bigging up next season and how he and the team would be back.

Then he buggered off because his marriage collapsed and he fancied a fresh start. He could have pretty much said that but instead he blamed it on his agent's dad leaving the club. WTF?!!

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Beany said:
I'm getting rather tired of Henry trying to justify his departure, now at Llungberg's expense.

Lungberg behaved like a **** but was doing what he thought was right, by bigging up his new club.

He could hardly say :-

"I'm off because I'm a 30 year old international captain and model playing second reserve in a team full of teenagers, and it's embarrasing, but I hear Dr Eggman pays a decent wedge so here I am!"

Henry on the other hand was our captain and spent the whole of last season bigging up next season and how he and the team would be back.

Then he buggered off because his marriage collapsed and he fancied a fresh start. He could have pretty much said that but instead he blamed it on his agent's dad leaving the club. WTF?!!

tahaha dr eggman, but i see what ljunberg means to be fair, he cant be negative about his move , did nigel when he went there, no
henry , and im finished talking about him, is just pouncing on what freddie said and is trying to win us back...to late mate, shutup and play for barac
ill see you in the CL semis next year

famous no 10

Established Member
number_0 said:
Why is this thread still in arsenal talk?
like the henry one it should be locked or moved to Fooball talk.

Because he was an ARSENAL player, and like Henry, we'll be talking about him for years in relation to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom