• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football 2016/17

carlito'sway

Established Member
Would that imply Fabinho or Bakayoko are departing this summer?

One of them will definitely go, likely Fabinho. They do smart recruitment though and he will be replaced.

Monaco should keep all their players in the summer and win CL next year.

That would be a terrific thing. I don't think it will happen though. They may have a deal with Silva to let him go this summer as well as a couple of others. (Fabinho..).
I know they are looking at Malcolm the young Brazilian winger at Bordeaux to replace the Portuguese. He may not be as good as Silva but he is an exciting player and could be an excellent option.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Barely watching the PL lately..Title race is over.
Ligue 1 though is really fun. PSG won yesterday, Nice won today 3-1 (w/out the suspended Mario).
ASM just played Dijon and won 2-1 after losing 0-1 up to the 79th minute. 2 Falcao FK's.

E

Enoch

Really wanted OGC Nice to win the league, Cinderella story and whatnot, just think it would have been a better story if they won it. What they have achieved though is spectacular for the size of their club and for having barely any resources, hope this season is just the beginning and we see them rise, they have a good academy, a great manager and some good young players. Would love to see Favre in the Champions League again.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Really wanted OGC Nice to win the league, Cinderella story and whatnot, just think it would have been a better story if they won it. What they have achieved though is spectacular for the size of their club and for having barely any resources, hope this season is just the beginning and we see them rise, they have a good academy, a great manager and some good young players. Would love to see Favre in the Champions League again.

AS Monaco is a good story as well. They deserve to win the league, they have been magnificent.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This Mbappe lad is going all the way to the very top. It's like watching a young fat Ronaldo. I think he might end up near that level tbh. He's got that aura of greatness. He'll be the most expensive player ever when he signs for whoever.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This Mbappe lad is going all the way to the very top. It's like watching a young fat Ronaldo. I think he might end up near that level tbh. He's got that aura of greatness. He'll be the most expensive player ever when he signs for whoever.

That's blasphemy. Ronaldo at the same age was on another planet.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's blasphemy. Ronaldo at the same age was on another planet.
'Another planet' is probably pushing it imo. It's hard to evaluate the opposition in Holland back then, but he obviously done a lot of damag at PSV aged 18. Mbappe is probably a year behind where Ronaldo was at this stage imo.

Anyway, it's how he moves and his explosiveness which makes me think of fat Ron. Wasn't really talking about their respective levels.

carlito'sway

Established Member
AS Monaco is inching closer to the Ligue1 title with their win 2-1 @ Lyon, goals from, who else, Falcao & Mbappe. Lyon played most of his subs though after their ET in Istanbul last thursday.
Monaco will be a deserved winner though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
'Another planet' is probably pushing it imo. It's hard to evaluate the opposition in Holland back then, but he obviously done a lot of damag at PSV aged 18. Mbappe is probably a year behind where Ronaldo was at this stage imo.

Anyway, it's how he moves and his explosiveness which makes me think of fat Ron. Wasn't really talking about their respective levels.

Sorry I still don't see the comparison. How he moves? Explosiveness? Yes he is fast and has good acceleration and movement, but Ronaldo had that, plus the ability to dribble paSt multiple players, the ability to go past players with pure speed, literally playing playground football as a professional, sitting defenders down, nutmegging at will, flip flapping. It's one thing people comparing him to Henry, which is ridiculous in itself, now it's Ronaldo? That's just too much.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Great game.

Nice deserved to win and PSG totally lost it in the second half after going 2-0 down. Seems there's a certain mental fragility about them that they can't get rid of, think this comes from the players mainly. Someone like Di Maria is the perfect example: poor season, only livened up a bit in recent months, but goes missing for long periods and also got sent off today for a ridiculous tackle.

Top Bottom