• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football 2018/19

carlito'sway

Established Member
Didn't see it but Twitter making a big deal about another Nicolas Pepe goal. He's slowly becoming my favorite Arsenal target in the summer.

We missed the boat on Pepe. We should have snapped him last season.
Now it will take north of 65M to get him from LOSC.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Did you watch Lille/Nice on Friday? Atal had a shocker and then got injured, just as I was starting to hype him up :lol: Pepe seems to be getting better with every game at the minute, same with Leao!

Atal is very young so bad games will happen. He is an up and coming player at the RB position though.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We missed the boat on Pepe. We should have snapped him last season.
Now it will take north of 65M to get him from LOSC.
Do you really think so? Highest I can see him going for is 50M, which I think is doable for us (so long as we stretch it out in installments). I don't think it'll necessarily come down to who will pay the most, but more to do with who is willing to pay the most upfront.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Do you really think so? Highest I can see him going for is 50M, which I think is doable for us (so long as we stretch it out in installments). I don't think it'll necessarily come down to who will pay the most, but more to do with who is willing to pay the most upfront.

Pepe is not in the 50 M League anymore. He will command easily a 70 M fee. The new Lille owner, Gerard Lopez, is there for the money and will sell Pepe to highest bidder.
One more issue, LOSC will certainly be in the CL next season. I am sure Pepe will want to go to a club playing the CL as well. He stated that already that he wants to take Lille there and play it as well.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Pepe is not in the 50 M League anymore. He will command easily a 70 M fee. The new Lille owner, Gerard Lopez, is there for the money and will sell Pepe to highest bidder.
One more issue, LOSC will certainly be in the CL next season. I am sure Pepe will want to go to a club playing the CL as well. He stated that already that he wants to take Lille there and play it as well.
Do you think he'll want to stay another season because of that?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Vieira not doing too badly, good result tonight. Level with 4th spot but very tight with 4 teams on 37 points and 7 teams separated by just 4 points.

HBL

Established Member
Vieira not doing too badly, good result tonight. Level with 4th spot but very tight with 4 teams on 37 points and 7 teams separated by just 4 points.
The football they play can be grim at times though, not helped by the lack of attacking quality Nice have.

Tir Na Nog

Monaco out of the bottom three already back under Jardim, something which Henry never managed. Almost as if the decision to sack an actual football manager and replace him with a pundit was pretty stupid.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Kylian M'Bappe is a simply extraordinary. He has been on fire since the beginning of the year and basically scoring at will. If he can carry PSG to the CL finals, he may be on his way to a Ballon d'Or at 20 yr old.
On a related note, N'Kunku has been excellent today, best player on the pitch. Playing on the right of the midfield, he was everywhere, scored a great goal after a brilliant first touch and assisted KMB on the third goal. If he keep playing like that, I can't see PSG letting him leave anytime soon.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Jardim back at Monaco and they're beating 3rd placed Lyon 2-0. They'll be 5 points clear of the relegation zone if it stays like this.

But but Monaco are beyond saving it's not Henry's fault that they can't win games...

carlito'sway

Established Member
Jardim back at Monaco and they're beating 3rd placed Lyon 2-0. They'll be 5 points clear of the relegation zone if it stays like this.

But but Monaco are beyond saving it's not Henry's fault that they can't win games...

Yep. Monaco is back on track with Jardim. Good win vs OL today and they are definitely out of the drop zone now. Gelson Martins is worth keeping an eye on. He is on loan from Atletico Madrid and has been on fire since he joined ASM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom