• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football - Season 17/18

BobP

Memri Fan
Dalbert and Eysseric gone for Nice.

Massive profit on Dalbert. Got him for 2M last summer, selling him for 18M this summer.

Not really sure who his replacement will be though. At least with the RB position they had Souquet playing frequently. No such replacement currently exists in the squad for the LB position. Suppose Sarr will be shifted out from CB.

@carlito'sway is Saint-Maxim any good? Because as of now he is their record signing. I've never seen him play but he sounds a promising prospect.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Dalbert and Eysseric gone for Nice.

Massive profit on Dalbert. Got him for 2M last summer, selling him for 18M this summer.

Not really sure who his replacement will be though. At least with the RB position they had Souquet playing frequently. No such replacement currently exists in the squad for the LB position. Suppose Sarr will be shifted out from CB.

@carlito'sway is Saint-Maxim any good? Because as of now he is their record signing. I've never seen him play but he sounds a promising prospect.

Dalber was sold for 20 M. Apparently with bonuses the fee can go up to 28 M and an additional 20% on resell.
St Maximin is a good player. He can improve though, he needs to play more intelligently. If he listens to Fabre, he can really definitely progress. Good addition. He is better than Eysseric.
They are looking for a LB and are closed to bring a Portuguese international..can't recall his name.They are set at RB with Souquet.
He has been really impressive lately.

nick gould

Seri is impressive against Troyes. The match started at 18:00 hours. Surely this boy would be a perfect Carzola replacement. He is so good on the ball similar height, dribbling and passing skills.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Just diverted my attention towards the Lille game to see that Bielsa has made all 3 subs within 30 minutes. I'm curious if all of these were injury related or tactical decisions?

If anyone's capable of doing that for tactical purposes, it's Bielsa.. the mad man.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Just diverted my attention towards the Lille game to see that Bielsa has made all 3 subs within 30 minutes. I'm curious if all of these were injury related or tactical decisions?

If anyone's capable of doing that for tactical purposes, it's Bielsa.. the mad man.

The first two were injury related, Thiago Mendes and Malcuit both injured. The third one was because Ballo Toure the LB was having a mare.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Mike Maignan just got one up over Jonjo Shelvy today. His red card for throwing the ball at the head of a Strasbourg player took the prize for stupidity! Surreal....

carlito'sway

Established Member
AS Monaco is doing well w/out Mbappe, thank you very much. :lol:
2-0 at Dijon so far with a spectacular second goal from Jemerson. First goal from Falcao.

Last edited:

Vibra

Established Member
Neymar and Di Maria diving all over the place, don't know why I chose to watch this

The stream I'm watching also has a feature they're calling the "neymar iso-cam" where you get to see live footage of Neymar in a box standing around during breaks in the game

Top Bottom