• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football - Season 17/18

Eri

Neymar was magnificent today.

Since I first heard his name I thought to check out who this guy was. This was back in 2009. He has never disapointed me.

I prefer watching him to Messi or Ronaldo. Both much more efficient and clinical when it comes to end product but for me Neymar is more enjoyable to watch. You never know what he will try next.

Decided to give the second half or Barca and first half of Real Madrid a miss just to watch him today.

The guy its an entertainer and I think this will now become more obvious. Some might call it showboating but I dont see anything wrong with it.
Corentin Jean should have waited for the final whistle before trying to steal his shirt :lol:

Wilshere1010

PSG are kinda frightening. If they do get Mbappe, Oh Lord.

Verratti, Rabiot, Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, Di Maria
Ridiculous. With Motta behind them holding everything together. I have a weird feeling they might be the team to give Real the most trouble this year, but I think Real will still win everything again.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Ridiculous. With Motta behind them holding everything together. I have a weird feeling they might be the team to give Real the most trouble this year, but I think Real will still win everything again.

Actually, one name not mentioned here that is as important, Dany Alves. This dude must be on some sort of drugs....He is so full of energy. :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Neymar has been my favorite player for a couple of years now. What I love the most about him is that he doesn't ever shy away from the big moment. He's a man of the occasion. I mentioned this in another thread because it's amazing. The guy only has 6-7 less goals for Brazil than Messi has for Argentina in about 40 fewer matches. That's incredible. That second goal he scored yesterday was one that pretty much only he and Messi can score routinely. As someone who grew up loving Brazil because of R9 it's just great to have another great player to hold the mantle for the country that so embodies the game. That he's only going to get better is insane. He's got a real chance at retiring as Brazil's top scorer as well as the legacy he can potentially leave at PSG.

skip spence

Neymar has been my favorite player for a couple of years now. What I love the most about him is that he doesn't ever shy away from the big moment. He's a man of the occasion. I mentioned this in another thread because it's amazing. The guy only has 6-7 less goals for Brazil than Messi has for Argentina in about 40 fewer matches. That's incredible. That second goal he scored yesterday was one that pretty much only he and Messi can score routinely. As someone who grew up loving Brazil because of R9 it's just great to have another great player to hold the mantle for the country that so embodies the game. That he's only going to get better is insane. He's got a real chance at retiring as Brazil's top scorer as well as the legacy he can potentially leave at PSG.
Was really impressed with him at the WC in 2014. Being just a kid then he shouldered the heavy burden of the home nation and almost single handedly carried a sub-standard team into the semi-finals.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Monaco leading Marseille 2-0 after 30 min. They do not seem to he lost a bit w/out Mbappe (sitting on the bench). Falcao with his 6th goal of the season already.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Agree. They are usually very good at managing their squad and moves. I also guess that is the price of success as well. Thy had a great season and a number of players have attracting interest or have their heads turned (Dalbert, Seri, Eysseric, etc). Losing Ricardo Pereira and Baysse have been major blows and they have not been properly replaced. They will be ok in the long run though.

BobP

Memri Fan
Agree. They are usually very good at managing their squad and moves. I also guess that is the price of success as well. Thy had a great season and a number of players have attracting interest or have their heads turned (Dalbert, Seri, Eysseric, etc). Losing Ricardo Pereira and Baysse have been major blows and they have not been properly replaced. They will be ok in the long run though.

Baysse was a weird one, he was utilised initially and then slowly phased before he had a strop and decided to leave.

What are your thoughts on Lees-Melou btw?

That article seemed to think he was underwhelming.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Baysse was a weird one, he was utilised initially and then slowly phased before he had a strop and decided to leave.

What are your thoughts on Lees-Melou btw?

That article seemed to think he was underwhelming.

He is a "work in progress". They may have expected too much of him. The problem is that Seri is upset for his aborted Barca move, so he is missing in CM.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Despite losing a bunch of first team players, Monaco is building a great team this season. Potential line up if nothing else happens by the Aug 31:
Subasic- Sidibe-Glik-Jemerson-Jorge/ Keita-Moutinho-Fabinho-Lemar/Falcao-Jovetic.
Subs: Tielemans, Kongolo, Dhiakhaby, Lopes, Meite, Toure, Boschilla, Ghezzal.
That is a lot of firepower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom